PDA

View Full Version : Investing vs Saving

MAGGIO
12-14-2007, 17:21
Saving gives you 6% every two weeks, and stocks are much less than 6% earnings so why invest?

Warl0rd
12-14-2007, 17:29
are you talking about RL?

Mr President
12-14-2007, 17:52
I think he is talking about the stock market on here.

Yes RIGHT now savings pays 6% every 2 weeks. But once the final version is installed then that will change back to 30days. And interest will be going down
then too. Right now we are in beta version so i'm pretty much just testing everything it has. It all will be adjusted when the final version is done.

If you pick and chose your stocks right then the payout from a stock can blow savings earning out of the water. I made 15k in 2 days off one stock.

Granted playing with stocks normally takes a little longer to get a decent payout, but overall it will beat savings earnings.

But above all of this, it's just a added feature to give up something more to do. use it if you want, don't use it if you want lol.. if you feel you can make more with savings then thats what you should do. :)

Mwahahahaha
12-16-2007, 01:29
Investing is by definition a long term activity. If you're interested in the short term movements of the stock market, you're just speculating. In the long term, the stock market will be more profitable than putting your money in the bank. If this wasn't the case, companies will go bankrupt, as their activites will be less profitable than their financing costs.

Obviously, few people expect a stock market boom these days, so if you're putting your money there, you should possess good information about the companies you are investing in, or be in it for the long term.