PDA

View Full Version : Shoutbox!!!

Mr President
04-02-2009, 22:15
I would have put this in the admin section but there is something there that i don't want to cover up.. Anyway, it's been long awaited but members are now able to use the chat box ingame.. Simply go to account prefs and select enable shoutbox.

It is the same one as the forums and what you type in the game or the forums it will show up in both places. the one in the game does NOT have the fancy features like the smiley's and colored names.. (yet) i just made a basic version so we would have something to converse with in game.

All the same rules apply for the ingame shoutbox.

Enjoy!

Mr President
04-02-2009, 22:17
oh and yes.. it does auto refresh.. but the one in game only refreshes every 30 sec..

Disorder
04-02-2009, 22:51
Thanks!! I will try out very shortly!

pcgluva
04-03-2009, 01:34
awesome

Crimson Shadow
04-03-2009, 07:40
Looks good. Thanks pres

Missionary
04-03-2009, 11:21
i will turn it on soon. my computer already takes 2 weeks to load a page so im trying to be kind to it :)

Dogma
04-03-2009, 11:35
Don't know if I will use it or not. I don't even like you people and you never know when I wouldhave to read Minimus' rantings.

MAGGIO
04-03-2009, 12:20
its honestly not intrusive at all...its a bit wider in firefox that it is in IE, but thats all...I say leave it the way it is so that its not intrusive.

MAGGIO
04-03-2009, 12:26
Note: I think it refreshes too often...I was trying to type something and it refreshed and erased it. I was trying to reach back a few chats and it refreshed and brought me back to the top.

Crimson Shadow
04-03-2009, 19:09
Note: I think it refreshes too often...I was trying to type something and it refreshed and erased it. I was trying to reach back a few chats and it refreshed and brought me back to the top.

Maybe set it so it only refreshes when a new page is loaded or when someone manually clicks a refresh chat button?

Dogma
04-03-2009, 19:18
It's that **** Miniman, I'm tellin youguys, heis the root of all that is evil in this world.

Mr President
04-04-2009, 15:14
Shoutbox auto refresh has been turned back on and set to refresh every 60 seconds.

Also, now the shoutbox will go inactive if not used for 10 min.

Mr President
04-04-2009, 15:18
to take care of the erasing info when it refreshes i can put the input box on the outside of the frame. I enclosed it all so i could get the box as close to the top (under banner) as i could so it didn't look bad. We'll leave it like this for a bit and see how it works.

FrogBu
04-06-2009, 17:27
Shoutbox auto refresh has been turned back on and set to refresh every 60 seconds.

Also, now the shoutbox will go inactive if not used for 10 min.

Can we have a feature that the user can turn it on or off to help the download speeds? I am running Verizon WiFi in their 3g network and I can only get a max sustained at 50kps and sometimes that's not enough for what I am doing at the time.

Thanks in advance, Mr. P.

Crimson Shadow
04-06-2009, 17:52
Pres is currently working on a theme where shoutbox is turned off

Mr President
04-06-2009, 21:07
Can we have a feature that the user can turn it on or off to help the download speeds? I am running Verizon WiFi in their 3g network and I can only get a max sustained at 50kps and sometimes that's not enough for what I am doing at the time.

Thanks in advance, Mr. P.

you can turn off the community shoutbox by going into game preferences and clicking on disable shoutbox.

As for the nation shoutbox, i made it so when you log on it's not active till you refresh it by clicking HERE in the shoutbox..

but like crimson said, there will be themes that do not include the shoutbox for those on slower connections and or just don't like it.

MAGGIO
04-06-2009, 21:12
have a look at the difference between IE7 and FF. It doesnt work well in IE7 as far as layout. Maybe you can set the table length to a specific width and height. with the submit button inside the box it is a bit short only allowing for 3 or 4 lines of text and then you have to scroll down...

I really like the box and i really like the concept of the nation box. I think this is a huge upgrade and I see people chatting on there that I dont see posting in the forums so in my eyes this is a huge victory.

MAGGIO
04-06-2009, 21:14
oh and there use to be ad space in WOW down the right hand side of the screen, maybe a on a test server you can play with the idea of running it down the side full lenght and like 200px wide and see what it looks like....therefore it wouldnt be in the way of the vertical scroll and you would be able to see more of the convo at once...sortof like MSN style or something.

Mr President
04-06-2009, 22:28
have a look at the difference between IE7 and FF. It doesnt work well in IE7 as far as layout. Maybe you can set the table length to a specific width and height. with the submit button inside the box it is a bit short only allowing for 3 or 4 lines of text and then you have to scroll down...

I really like the box and i really like the concept of the nation box. I think this is a huge upgrade and I see people chatting on there that I dont see posting in the forums so in my eyes this is a huge victory.

i'll take a look and see what it looks like in IE7... stupid IE.. I HATE IE!

anyway, 2 themes have been added that DO NOT include the community cbox or the nation cbox... BUT, you do have a tab in the menu that will give a full page display if you want to chat in game.. So the option is there if you choose.

FrogBu
04-07-2009, 01:23
you can turn off the community shoutbox by going into game preferences and clicking on disable shoutbox.

As for the nation shoutbox, i made it so when you log on it's not active till you refresh it by clicking HERE in the shoutbox..

but like crimson said, there will be themes that do not include the shoutbox for those on slower connections and or just don't like it.

ahhh, thank you Mr. P. :)

Missionary
04-07-2009, 05:21

can you make it so when you click the HERE button its always on? because after about 5mins it turns itself off n i dont notice that most the time lol.