PDA

View Full Version : Nation Cbox

Mr President
04-04-2009, 22:11
A new feature has been added called Nation Cbox.
Each nation will have there own cbox for all its members to use privately.

This new feature is a privileged feature. Meaning nation leaders have to give permission to the member in order for them to view it and use it. You will find this new permission under the member admin pages.

This permission is the "C" permission.

To start, i have given each tagholder the c priv and now it is up to you to decide who gets it in your own nations.

Seeing this is a private cbox it is up to nation leaders to monitor them and set the rules on what language is permitted. Just remember we have young people playing the game. If a member abuses the rules you have set in place, simply remove the privilege from them.

Hope you all enjoy!

Mr President
04-04-2009, 22:29
forgot to mention..

for those who do not like the shoutboxes on the page, i will be making the same themes minus shoutboxes..

I know some could care less about them, so i will make it so you have the option not to use them.

I'll get these done soon.

Crimson Shadow
04-04-2009, 22:57
Thanks Pres....this looks like a great feature.

Bram Gotink
04-06-2009, 13:49
forgot to mention..

for those who do not like the shoutboxes on the page, i will be making the same themes minus shoutboxes..

I know some could care less about them, so i will make it so you have the option not to use them.

I'll get these done soon.

I don't like the fact that they reload completely each time you go to another page...
Couldn't you make it so that the menu on the right and the cboxes are fixed, like another frame, and that only the content of the page changes? That should make everything run smoothly (opposite to the cbox with my laggy internet)

Mr President
04-06-2009, 14:43
yes i can make them so they are in it's own frame, but seeing the whole reason i did the new theme was to get away from frames cause google and other things don't run well through them, it would be pointless doing frames for the shoutboxes..

I made them smaller so they didn't take up the whole screen. The community shoutbox you can turn off, and very soon there will be themes that do not include the shoutboxes at all... (for those who don't like them)

Mr President
04-07-2009, 20:34
I know some of you do not like where the cboxes are located on the screen. So there are a couple other choices i can do.

1) i can make it so when you enabled the chatbox it will replace the banner. Then when you disable the cbox the banner would come back. See image below for example.

2) i can put it on top of the screen (above the banner).

3) i can put it at the very bottom of the screen.

4) i can leave it where it is at.

I know some wish that the cbox frames were separate from the main screen but i took the game off of frames so google could crawl us easier. Frames confuse google.

Please let me know your opinions as soon as possible. thanks

Divine Intervention
04-07-2009, 20:42
your giving us guys a chance to put it where ever we like :p?
jks. anyway i like the idea of replacing banner with it. banner looks nice but i think its best idea. just make it clear which ones public which ones private.

pcgluva
04-07-2009, 20:58
is there anyway to make it fixed? likenot in its own fram but how those annying adds follow youjust have it right aligned and fixed in the top right corner so you can scroll and still chat

Crimson Shadow
04-07-2009, 21:29
Personally...I think I would like it at the bottom instead of where it is currently located.

Maybe just make a new page in the nation area that is just for the chat box, meaning that is the only page it would load on. If you have the C priv, you can access the page and talk to others, if you don't then the page would say "You haven't been given access to this page by your nation leader."
Just a thought

Tnova
04-07-2009, 22:19
Having it on another page is no different then having a nation message. A special place you have to check. The main purpose is to get people who don't normally communicate to interact. Burying it on some page would defeat that purpose in my opinion.

I've found that every time there is a layout change, the opinions generally are across the board and you aren't really going to get a consensus and popular preference. I feel that Colors and backgrounds are more of an issue then placement.

Max Logan
04-08-2009, 06:05
yay for spamming fest!