PDA

View Full Version : Or how FUBAR the world can be... (no need to read this, just bored enough to write it)

Bram Gotink
04-06-2009, 14:14
Hey kids, let me tell you a couple of fairy tales, called "politics" or "how FUBAR the world can be" ...

Once upon a time, there was a certain gentleman called Fernand Koekelberghs. F.K. was the chief of all Belgian police. Nice job, one may think, but the opposite is true.
F.K. and the Secretary of Interior Affairs don't get along quite well, which is quite hard in their position. They should be able to trust each other with anything.
I'm not going to bore you with the past and it's problems (plenty though they may be), but the present problems presented by/to F.K.

Someone (anonymously) dropped a formal complaint against our secretary of internal affairs. That complaint somehow got to the desk of F.K., but instead of giving it to the right instances, he decided to keep it.
"Hey, Mr. Secretary (De Padt), if I could speak to you?
There's been a complaint ..."
w/e, in short: he asked De Padt if he wanted the complaint "forgotten"
He said no, but F.K. still keeps the complaint, until De Padt goes public, saying that the Chief of Police has been a naughty boy.
Now, F.K. shouldn't have told De Padt about the letter, and he definetly shouldn't have shown it to him. Aye, problemo problemo...

And so the relations between the Secretary of Internal Affairs and the Chief of Police are doomed once more.
Yet they lived happily ever after.

We all know what Pope Benedict XVI did in Africa, stating that condoms only make the AIDS problem worse... but this is funny:
The Belgian Parliament has stated that it doesn't agree with the Pope.(no problem there, no sane & informed man does)
Some politicians have entered a motion in the Belgian Senate to call these lies by the Pope a "crime against humanity"
The Papal court is shocked and answers that what the Pope has freedom of speech, like all of us.
The reaction of the Senate: yeah, he has, but when his words have an influence in the lifes of millions of people, he doesn't. Especially if he denies scientific facts, thereby endangering a whole lot of human beings.

And the pope lived happily ever after...

Other non-political facts:
- My nephew was in the town where that earthquake struck in Italy. No need to worry, he was there two days ago. Lucky him, I guess. (and lucky classmates, school trip)
- The weather is great in Belgium. Which sucks, as it's spring break. I can almost hear you think "wtf, that's a bad thing?" but yeah, it is a bad thing. Spring break isn't for fun, spring break is a two week holiday to study. Yay, ty uni :|
- I am so bored ...

Say No to Thermodynamics

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_news706.article.jpg (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28308?)

nosejam
04-12-2009, 18:27
I half expected this to be a re-written version of the Prince of Bel Air...