PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward and forgetting the past

Mike Hunt
12-20-2007, 21:49
How many new members have joined this game after Spetz, Frosty, Freeballs and A$$ Bandit who goes by a different name these days left? I haven't seen any new posters and all the top states are the same as they were when we left. This game is really going in one vicious circle no matter how much you improve upon it you have one major problem. The same people are always on top and going by one of Mr P's recent posts he's going to make it harder to come back after dying. If you want new players to sign up and enjoy playing, you should make the game challenging but not impossible for them to surpass the established elite of the game. It would be better to base this on a war game instead of on a Sim style game as those are boring and really don't interest new players all that much. But I'm not here to lecture you on how to run this gaming franchise

Mr President
12-21-2007, 00:31
We have had a few new people join, but reg NW was really boring and some didn't stick around long. :glare:

The same people who are on top now are there cause they have learned how to play it well. It doesn't mean they can't be beat. When we all started playing WoW and other games, it took awhile to get to the top. Heck i don't think i ever finished on top in WoW lol.. But that isn't why i played. Everyone gets something different out of these kinds of games. Some want high NW and to be the best, some want the strongest nation and could care less about getting first..

We haven't advertised this game hardly at all. Reason being is 1) we were waiting for the WoW code so why bother and 2) the game wasn't good enough to keep anyone here very long. We don't know when WoW will be here, but until then we are making all these changes so Nation Wars keeps people's interest. With the changes that are being made, i really think NW II is going to be able to be more challenging and keep people here. When NW II is released then we will advertise the heck out it. Word of mouth is the best way, but really who is going to tell there friends to come play reg NW? lol nobody cause it's boring as can be..

New people will never be able to join and hit the top quickly. If that happens then there is no point. They will come, hit the top and then leave. We want it to be hard. We want it to take time to get to the top. yes until then i'm sure many of the same people will be on top, but it does not mean they will stay there.

I do see what your saying though and we are working hard at making a better game. The beta version of NWII is already 100% better then reg NW.
But the final version of NWII is 100% better then the beta lol.. Of course things will need to be tweaked till we can get it as close to perfect as we can.

Crimson Shadow
12-21-2007, 07:32
We haven't advertised this game hardly at all. Reason being is 1) we were waiting for the WoW code so why bother and 2) the game wasn't good enough to keep anyone here very long.

1) I agree..I got bored of NW so I (like many others) are simply waiting for the release of the code. Once that happens I think a lot of players will becoming back to join us.

2) After playing for 5 sets there wasn't much left to do. I made it to the top without any assist from a nation, I made it to the top with a nation. Since only a few people play NW there was only about 2 people that were in my attack range. Makes it kinda boring when you have 150 turns to spend and 2 people to hit per 24 hours. That means I would have 8 turns to spend attacking and about 12 turns building. That leaves me with 130 boring turns to spend farming. Thats the main reason I left NW for now.

Mwahahahaha
12-21-2007, 18:16
Will the wow code be released, or are you waiting for..... eh..... christmas?

Mr President
12-21-2007, 19:02
It will be released, it's just we don't know when. And i'm tired of keeping everything on hold while we wait for it. So we are going ahead with all the changes to NWII and trying to make the best game we can and then when WoW comes out we will host that one.. But with the strat changes WE ARE making and many of the other upgrades, i think NWII will do well..

ranger2112
12-21-2007, 21:34
well, regardless, i am here for the long haul. keep up the good work everyone, except P...he just writes essays and does little else :P

Mr President
12-21-2007, 21:51
well, regardless, i am here for the long haul. keep up the good work everyone, except P...he just writes essays and does little else :P

lol.. hmm seeing Warlord doesn't have internet access right now and Dirk is busy with work i'm doing most of the changes myself.. There are good things and bad things about this. Good thing is i'm learning a lot as i go.. Bad thing is i doubt the game will play.. lmao.. jk

ranger2112
12-21-2007, 22:46
blah blah blah ...always excuses

Hoebawt
12-22-2007, 04:20
It will be released, it's just we don't know when. And i'm tired of keeping everything on hold while we wait for it. So we are going ahead with all the changes to NWII and trying to make the best game we can and then when WoW comes out we will host that one.. But with the strat changes i'm making and many of the other upgrades, i think NWII will do well..

You mean WE.....US.....DEV group (active members)

Missionary
12-22-2007, 11:00
doesnt the dev team consist of you hoeb and you only? lmao :)

Mr President
12-22-2007, 12:55
You mean WE.....US.....DEV group (active members)

lol.. sorry, yes i mean US... WE..... The DEV TEAM!

i will edit my original post.

pcgluva
12-22-2007, 21:28
prez trien to keep all the fame to himself