PDA

View Full Version : Purely @ ANTON for all to read

BeeNo
04-11-2009, 13:23
you used xELDx for your own selfish plans this set. you started a war and then bailed out and decided to stay out of everyone's way in "UB" and observe the rest of the set. i have people who are vowing that i won't finish in top 5 ever again and it all began with you suiciding dolly.

here's a short list:

-asked for higher tax (i stamped aproval)
-asked vinnie and alliance to convert to techer to increase dev center faster for your jump (they were then virtually restarts in the war as their tech wouldn't sell) (i advised against)
-advised one of our newer players where/when to sell her goods, sometimes good advice sometimes bad, stockers should try to sell goods quickly as the whole point of stocking is to have low upkeep (i never knew about)
-convinced ben to stock(normally would never see this happen) (i supported)
-i didn't race you for grabs at start of set to make sure you got them all (yep this was me)

these were all things that would hurt our individual states growth and score but we did thinking it would help you.

after all this your not even willing to help our nation in a war you started.

lol, and people give james a bad wrap about using nations.

what you did to xeldx this set was cowardly.

todays game has a lot of nations that function this way, not playing as a nation, but playing for 1 player in that nation. this will never be the case in xeldx again.

::LD::GrimReapr
04-11-2009, 13:26
Nice Beeno good to see another nation has seen the light of not catering to 1 player.

MarineRecon
04-11-2009, 13:26
i agree its messed up...i had it happen to me kinda a couple sets ago but not bad like ures...i made my state garbage to help sum1 get into first then they messed up deleted and quit...like wtf is wit that but o well just gotta learn not to help pepl like that now

Divine Intervention
04-11-2009, 13:34
i didnt start a war infact i talked to you for 3 hours trying to convince you not to war.
i found you **** loads of grabs and i didnt take any of your ones which u had lined up (maybe 1 i think). you say you didnt race me for grabs but i say again, i only had 1 or 2 grabs which u wanted to take...and i think both were ruined either way lol. and about racing, time and time again youd message me about a grab only to find that i had already taken it build land and replied to you. + i showed you new ways of finding grabs. and i gave you loads of advice on how to run your nation better.

higher tax is run by all the best nations. convince ben to stock? did you not convince him to stock before set started with me and james as the netters? and the war was started by you guys. Sky had no plans on warring or anything. they would have agreed to anything to avoid war. set long DNHs anything youd wanted you just plain rejected everything out of sight without consideration. and after alliance and vinnie converted their tech sold @ full price immediatly unlike our indy goods i know because i was watching their overview and saw their goods sell immediately.

ps stocking doesnt hurt individual growth in long run what you on about. high tax early = better because means you can have lower tax faster when your a bigger state. again doesnt hurt individual growth. having techers allows to drop tax earlier again allowing for better individual growth. and finally, if you think that a slow start at the start = bad finish then youre sorely wrong considering that you can start midset and finish top10 in a set without war.

edit: you say you HAD to war because Sky violated the DNH (which i admit was agreed to because of me), but honestly killing a whole nation because a state broke a DNH (which wasnt agreed to by players on your side both of whom were the main concern), killing whole nation honestly?

but anyway, if you think having low tax and having everyone race up top into top10 is the best idea on how to run a nation then guess i was wrong when i said you had the better run nation out there lol.

oh and regarding the new player - you dont mention that i explained the whole concept of gb to her and when to use turns (i.e. when you have gb - how to work out if you have gb and how to work it out for others).

Hoebawt
04-11-2009, 13:38
Sorry ben but anton is right... Sky doenst watn to war anyone... they just want to be left alone.... This war was started by you

Hoebawt
04-11-2009, 13:38
Nice Beeno good to see another nation has seen the light of not catering to 1 player.

oh shut up ur so into ur light ur blind :P

BeeNo
04-11-2009, 14:58
ps stocking doesnt hurt individual growth in long run what you on about

wow, did you really get that out of what i wrote? i'm a huge fan of the indy stocking strat, what i wrote was that the strategy behind indy stocking is to have low upkeeps, therefore goods that don't sell on the market=bad as you still have to pay for the upkeeps.

if you think having low tax and having everyone race up top into top10 is the best idea on how to run a nation

why would we do that?

having techers allows to drop tax earlier again allowing for better individual growth

techer is great early and good at getting your dev up cause of fast sales early in set. however you almost always have to convert with this strat, and for most states converting will always slow you down, though i hear tales of a 1st place state that converted one time :P and as it proved this set, the techer strat was not good by mid set.

if you think that a slow start at the start = bad finish then youre sorely wrong considering that you can start midset and finish top10 in a set without war.

again where/when did i say this?

you suicided when you were passed, i agreed to a DNH because of your suicide. i felt bad taking advantage of your inability to compete. i chose to war for breaking the DNH that is true, but as last set showed us not everyone is fit to hear our plans when we decide to war, you for instance wouldn't of heard about it.

and we offered dolly the option of being killed by us or the whole nation would get hit, she didn't want that, that was the only deal i would have agreed to.

chain of events in case you haven't connected the dots yet anton:

1) anton suicides
2) xELDx grants DNH because of suicide
3) dolly breaks DNH and sky sanctions
4) xELDx declares war

i don't regret warring sky
i do regret accepting you into xELDx

and i understand their side, had it only been sanctions i wouldn't of had a problem with how they handled it, and they had reason to war us. but asking for a dnh and then violating it was wrong. but this end part has already been covered in other threads.

SmarT
04-11-2009, 15:07
anton bro, you messed up AGAIN.

SmarT
04-11-2009, 15:07
and didnt you give me boat loads of **** for backing marine last year? and now you suicided?

BeeNo
04-11-2009, 15:22
how do you think the state in my nation who got asked not to attack dolly and was then attacked felt? you think i would then turn my back on him after he got hit and sanction'd all because he listened to his leader?

BeeNo
04-11-2009, 16:12
edit: anton is deleting and editing posts thus changing the conversation as it progresses now lol

Calvin74
04-11-2009, 17:41
you used xELDx for your own selfish plans this set. you started a war and then bailed out and decided to stay out of everyone's way in "UB" and observe the rest of the set. i have people who are vowing that i won't finish in top 5 ever again and it all began with you suiciding dolly.

here's a short list:

-asked for higher tax (i stamped aproval)
-asked vinnie and alliance to convert to techer to increase dev center faster for your jump (they were then virtually restarts in the war as their tech wouldn't sell) (i advised against)
-advised one of our newer players where/when to sell her goods, sometimes good advice sometimes bad, stockers should try to sell goods quickly as the whole point of stocking is to have low upkeep (i never knew about)
-convinced ben to stock(normally would never see this happen) (i supported)
-i didn't race you for grabs at start of set to make sure you got them all (yep this was me)

these were all things that would hurt our individual states growth and score but we did thinking it would help you.

after all this your not even willing to help our nation in a war you started.

lol, and people give james a bad wrap about using nations.

what you did to xeldx this set was cowardly.

todays game has a lot of nations that function this way, not playing as a nation, but playing for 1 player in that nation. this will never be the case in xeldx again.

i really don't want to get into this but i am putting off doing homework so here is my 2 cents
what were the tax rates you used this set?

anton made a mistake asking people to go techer but you made a mistake in asking an entire nation to play indy:P

unless you know 100% what you are doing and know the market inside and out you should never opt for an indy stocker. you will almost always come out way behind a farmer stocker.

ben should be a stocker if you have serious netters that have a legit chance at winning the set. this is nothing against ben but i don't think he is in the same league as james and anton

as for grabs that is between you and anton but if he didn't ask you to not grab then you can't try to blame that on him

as far as letting anton in your nation you have to balance that out with your goals at the start of the nation. i really like james and think he is a good player (same with anton) but i would not ask them to join my nation. they have a chance to win in any nation they play in but if they don't win they always go down in flames. this set james did nothing wrong (that I have heard about:P) but i experienced enough of james in my nation back in 2003 in dak:P
james and anton are like mercenaries. you call them in if you want your nation to look flashy and look amazing having a top state run away with the set BUT you never build your nation around them and you never jeopardize the sets of your loyal members to make their states better.
i don't know if anton is in the wrong or not with his actions but i consider you in the wrong in going against your nation to push one person to the top when he wouldn't be in your nation again.
i hope you learned the same lesson I did and try to build a loyal nation that lasts instead of a flash in the pan nation that wins the set never to be seen again

Divine Intervention
04-11-2009, 17:55
how am i a mercenary when in NW ive:
co-lead DaK 2 sets
lead my own nation: EoS, HaJ, WAL, Smile, High, Pride 6 times
played in others nations: AF, xELDx twice.

how is that mercenary?

oh and before you say anything: its not 6 different tags ive been in, all my tags are same :P i just change name cos i get bored with old ones.

p.s. my favourite nation which i havent mentioned above was obviously FF where it was just me and dolly :wub: it was awesome :wub:

Calvin74
04-11-2009, 17:58
how am i a mercenary when in NW ive:
co-lead DaK 2 sets
lead my own nation: EoS, HaJ, WAL, Smile, High, Pride 6 times
played in others nations: AF, xELDx twice.

how is that mercenary?

this is being discussed in a pvt chat

but you are a mercenary

and shame on anyone that suicides on dolly
she is a very nice person:P

disturbia
04-11-2009, 18:19

i cant believe u said this :wub:

MarineRecon
04-11-2009, 18:21
awww how cute lol

Calvin74
04-11-2009, 18:45

she beats me if i don't say that

don't tell her i said this

MarineRecon
04-11-2009, 18:50
yeah i hope her sight isnt to good so she cant read that lol

Calvin74
04-11-2009, 18:55
yeah i hope her sight isnt to good so she cant read that lol

i'm screwed then:P
if you don't hear from me in 24 hours you know what happened.....

MarineRecon
04-11-2009, 19:01
o **** no thats not allowed...dolly please dont hurt calvin =(

disturbia
04-11-2009, 19:08
she beats me if i don't say that

don't tell her i said this

:wimp:

Calvin74
04-11-2009, 19:36
:wimp:

:crying:

MarineRecon
04-11-2009, 19:39
o man shes into that kinky stuff haha

Nubs
04-11-2009, 19:41
thats hot PT:::

BeeNo
04-11-2009, 22:51
lol i'm loving where this thread went :tt1:

Hoebawt
04-11-2009, 23:02
Bottom line to all of this is that is all Tnova's Fault

BeeNo
04-11-2009, 23:03
right on hoe!

Tnova
04-11-2009, 23:40
I accept full blame!

MellonColly
04-12-2009, 02:58
tnova is always messin stuff up

BeeNo
04-12-2009, 04:17
as far as letting anton in your nation you have to balance that out with your goals at the start of the nation

in my head i still saw anton as an old dak'er as we both joined that nation around the same time, and i don't think i'd seen him do anything too shameful since i came back to the game. definitely not as someone who would suicide just cause he lost 1st place.

i had no idea the type of player he had become. don't get me wrong i had my doubts, and should have trusted them in this case.

and as for james he's a great player, and though many people dislike him i have never seen him suicide anyone or do anything of the sort ever. i have seen him jump tag's for better NA/tech if he thinks he has a good shot at winning with the boost, but even that he hasn't done in awhile.

for the most part these weren't ordered changes, but things we thought would help the nation by the end of the set, at least thats wut we thought at the time we did them.

this is a thread is to serve as more of warning to newer nations like ours who may not know much about him yet.

Missionary
04-12-2009, 04:30
and after alliance and vinnie converted their tech sold @ full price immediatly unlike our indy goods i know because i was watching their overview and saw their goods sell immediately.

yes one sale did, then the next i still had 2.5mill tech on the market not moving for well over 2 days. at which point we were already at war. although i managed to participate in the 1st 2 attacks they were only because i had 2bill in the bank and the SKY states were low on jets and inf. at the point i died i had 9mill inf and 80 bombers. all my units were lv1 and i had a little over 100mill left cash. after 3-4 days my tech got BMd.

Calvin74
04-12-2009, 10:13
yes one sale did, then the next i still had 2.5mill tech on the market not moving for well over 2 days. at which point we were already at war. although i managed to participate in the 1st 2 attacks they were only because i had 2bill in the bank and the SKY states were low on jets and inf. at the point i died i had 9mill inf and 80 bombers. all my units were lv1 and i had a little over 100mill left cash. after 3-4 days my tech got BMd.

i did try to tell you that techer sucks:P

Will
04-12-2009, 15:42
this is being discussed in a pvt chat

but you are a mercenary

I don't really see how anton is a mercenary. To be a mercenary you'd have to demand something like credits to join a tag, and I haven't seen him do that.

nosejam
04-12-2009, 18:05
techer is great early and good at getting your dev up cause of fast sales early in set. however you almost always have to convert with this strat, and for most states converting will always slow you down, though i hear tales of a 1st place state that converted one time :P and as it proved this set, the techer strat was not good by mid set.

MysteryDave and I had a 1-2 finish with a convert to indy (this had a lot to do with the fact pretty much everyone else in NW got warred, but it still happened :p)

Now as far as this topic goes, most people know by now that there are certain things you have to do to "guarantee" winning a set and the players that will try to fashion this sort of setup.

I'm not saying whether this is good or bad, I personally am not fond of this setup but others are, but they are often the ones that come with baggage (on that assumption Marine should be one of the best players in the game, so clearly this is not a perfect rule..)

MarineRecon
04-12-2009, 18:08
y u say that??? im lost lol

nosejam
04-12-2009, 18:20
You tend to do random things just to amuse yourself and sometimes just cos you're pee'd off, this is your "baggage".

MarineRecon
04-12-2009, 18:21
o0o haha very tru lol i get amused easily

nosejam
04-12-2009, 18:30
Such as kicking everyone from your nation and deleting it bcos you got killed or some sh*t?

Which left me throwing away a top five finish because the only other nation supporting our strat was Anton's... :P

MarineRecon
04-12-2009, 18:33
haha i dont even remember y i did that or wut happened so my bad lol

kenshin44
04-13-2009, 00:27
tis tis tis anton your building an army against you on your own....

Missionary
04-13-2009, 14:36
Bottom line to all of this is that is all Tnova's Fault

you are not apart of that club, as co-president of that club i ban you from using that saying without prior concent. (wait for xaviours aprovale)

he lying really :P

Sorry ben but anton is right... Sky doenst watn to war anyone... they just want to be left alone.... This war was started by you

this war was started by dolly.

Raul
04-15-2009, 05:55
Anton you dont even like soccer, why u have a soccer avatar?

Divine Intervention
04-15-2009, 05:58
lol what? i love football. and thats my home town team + my favourite player.