PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Wars Resurrection V1.07 (Changes for Next Set)

Mr President
04-28-2009, 21:38
As far as game play, there are no changes for this coming set.. We have had lots of them for the past few, so we need a set without any changes. I'm hoping next set i will have the new Bomber Run attack ready to roll. I planned on having done for this set, but i just didn't have time to test it the way it needs to be tested.

But here are a couple of things that will be implemented this set..

-Cheater Report-

From now on the Report Cheater section in the forums will be closed. All members will now use the new "Report Cheater" form in the game. There is a new link at the top. When you fill this form out, you will put in the State # and State name of the user you feel is either cheating, suiciding or doing anything else listed on the list.

As like the forums, everything remains confidential.

What i am trying to do is make things more organized and easier for myself and tnova. Switching between game, forums and other screens gets confusing and things can be missed or lost. So after you fill out a form and send it, admins receive it and will look at it. We then convert it to an investigation which then sends an automatic message to the offending state letting he/she know that an investigation has been opened against there state and allows them the oppurtunity to reply with his/hers side of the story. In some cases, a members reply is not needed and we will not wait for it. In other cases, we will wait and go from there. if a member replies, all information is automatically added to the investigation # it's been assigned. Everything will be handled through in game messages, unless other wise directed by an admin. So as you see, this keeps everything in a nice neat place.

Reports CAN NOT be reported via MSN or PM and any other forms of communication. You MUST fill out a form and send it in.

Making fake reports can result in a loss of state, and or loss of account.

-Patriot Act-

Basically i feel the current settings in the Patriot Act are a little weak so this will be changed very soon. You all will be advised when the update is completed.

-Privacy Act-

Something i have been wanting to get done since the game came back is a privacy act pretty much letting all members know that any information they provide Nation-Wars will NEVER be sold or given to anyone else. (3rd party)
This is completed, but i won't put it up till the new updated tos is ready. (will be this set)

-TOS-

As mentioned above, the TOS is being updated. It will be covering more areas and will have newer rules we have set in place since the game came back. Both the TOS and Privacy Act updates will be done this sometime this set.

Ok that is about it.. Good luck everyone and have a great set!!!

Crimson Shadow
04-28-2009, 21:42
Sometimes the smallest changes have the biggest effects...everything sounds good pres :)

Mr President
04-28-2009, 21:43
Also, many ppl are still using the bugs section of the forums to report game issues. That section is only for help/bugs for the forums.. NOT the game.

The game has it's own section for help/bugs.. It's called Support/Help.. Please use that. very soon any post made in the forums help section that is an issue of the Game, will be ignored.. So please start using the in game Support/Help form..

thanks

Disorder
04-28-2009, 21:49
Also, many ppl are still using the bugs section of the forums to report game issues. That section is only for help/bugs for the forums.. NOT the game.

The game has it's own section for help/bugs.. It's called Support/Help.. Please use that. very soon any post made in the forums help section that is an issue of the Game, will be ignored.. So please start using the in game Support/Help form..

thanks

Wouldn't it be easier to have a mod move it to the proper section? I would hate (to be new) and have a issue, and have it ignored simply because I posted in the wrong spot.

Mr President
04-28-2009, 21:57
Wouldn't it be easier to have a mod move it to the proper section? I would hate (to be new) and have a issue, and have it ignored simply because I posted in the wrong spot.

of course if it was a new member it would not get ignored.. pretty much regular users who have been told this many times and are too lazy to read the post in that section asking them to use the ingame one, would be ignored :)

MarineRecon
04-28-2009, 22:53
wasnt the UN thing suppose 2 be in this set to???

Tnova
04-28-2009, 23:16
Mr P went on vacation instead of finishing up all his great ideas :P Such a tease :)

MarineRecon
04-28-2009, 23:21
yeah im a lil upset...i was lookin foward 2 that haha

Tnova
04-28-2009, 23:23

There is a sticky thread in that forum saying exactly what we want. But I guess no one reads it :) I edited the title...so maybe it will stick out more :)

Divine Intervention
04-29-2009, 00:51
guilty on the bug posting thing. sorry.

DBozMen
04-29-2009, 03:20

thanks

lol i didn't even know that :P

nosejam
04-29-2009, 09:18
Help/Bugs
Use this section to report bugs, errors or if you need technical help with the game.

Reading that description would make me think game bugs are allowed in there, maybe change that as well as having the sticky?

MAGGIO
04-29-2009, 11:18
I really like the cheater report changes...it seems much more organized and I really like that the accused get a chance to speak up.

Tnova
04-29-2009, 19:10
The accused have always had a chance to speak up. In fact that is why completing most reports takes the time it does, because we are making sure all our information is correct. This just helps just keep all the info in one place, instead of in 3 different places.

Max Logan
04-30-2009, 06:34
Good Work with the Cheater System!

And BTW that Support/Help is in game or what? :p Cuz the one on forums clearly says Game :P

DBozMen
04-30-2009, 06:56
Mr. P you need to edit all the templates :P

B/Y doesn't have that link

Mr President
04-30-2009, 16:49
At first i thought you were crazy cause i use the B&Y theme and i see it fine. but then i remembered that there is the B&Y without the cboxes.... :)

anyway, all fixed!

Mr President
04-30-2009, 22:29
FYI

Flags in the scores have been temp removed. I will put them back as soon as possible.

thanks