PDA

View Full Version : Updated TOS, Privacy Notice and Patriot Act!

Mr President
05-02-2009, 17:47
Below are copies of some important updated information. Please take the time to read though them all. There are now links ingame for the Privacy and TOS pages. They are located in the copyright section at the bottom of each page.

Terms of Service

You are using a website which is owned and operated by Nation-Wars (www.nation-wars.com (http://www.nation-wars.com/)) and we are please to give you access to the site itself and related materials free of charge. Your use of the Site is subject to the binding legal agreement set forth below.

Copyrights

The Site is owed by Nation-Wars and is protected by applicable law, with all rights reserved. Nation-Wars takes the copyrights of this site and its members very seriously. Nation-Wars will terminate your account as well as access and use of this site, without notice to you, if you infringe or misappropriate on the sites rights and or any of this sites members rights.

Accounts

You agree not to use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. Nation-Wars will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Nation-Wars or others due to such unauthorized use. You are NOT allowed to sell, give or transfer your account to another member. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears on the Nation-Wars web site.

Subject to Change

Nation-Wars reserves the right, at any time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: (a) modify or discontinue all or any part of Nation-Wars, including, but not limited to (1) restricting the time all or any part of Nation-Wars is available, (2) restricting the amount of use all or any part of Nation-Wars is permitted, and (3) restricting or terminating any user's right to use all or any part of Nation-Wars, with or without notice. You agree that Nation-Wars, will NOT be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of all or any part of Nation-Wars, in whole or in part, or of any service, content or feature offered through the Services. You understand we may update these Terms from time to time without giving you any notice. Your continued use of all or any part of Nation-Wars following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes. Unless we let you know posting of changes to these Terms or otherwise giving you notice, any new features or updated content or applications that we make available in connection with Nation-Wars will be subject to these Terms. By Entering and using this site, you agree to all the terms set forth herein. If you do not agee with any of these terms, then DO NOT use this site for any purpose.

Use of this Site

You may use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use. You may make a temporary copy of any content your device displays when you use Nation-Wars, but only for your personal, non-commercial use, and not for further distribution or transfer to others without to sole written consent of Nation-Wars. Additionally, you may NOT create a database by systematically downloading and storing content from this site, use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine" or in any way gather information.

Under Age Usage

Nation-Wars intent is open to groups of all ages. However, certain parts of this site may contain mature material intended for people who are atleast 18yrs of age. If you view these certain areas you are agreeing that you are at least 18yrs of age and is acceptable. This site contains little language filters. There is software available commercially that will assist parents in filitering or limiting access to contant that is intended for a mature audience. Nation-Wars is not responsible what mature content viewed on this site by minors.

Nation-Wars Laws

Nation-Wars strives very hard so all members have a enjoyable experience while visiting our site. Sadly, there are some who feel that they need to disrupt this and act irresponsibly. To help everyone have a positive experience, we ask, and you agree, to follow the following basic rules of conduct when using the Site. By creating an account and or continuing to view this site, you are agreeing to the laws/rules listed below.

1. - You agree to and will follow all the rules on this page as well as applicable laws that apply.
2. - Users are allowed just 1 account per person.
3. - You will not harass, threaten or abuse other people in the game and or the game forums.
4. - You will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise make available any Content that is obscene or may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual or any other grounds; is harmful, vulgar or distasteful; or is defamatory, libelous, or invades another person's privacy or proprietary rights or copyrights of any other member.
5. - You will not collect or store personal information about any other individual on the Site, or otherwise stalk, repeatedly contact or harass another member.
6. - You will not impersonate any other member.
7. - You will not post any Content that contains any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, or other computer programs or code designed to interrupt the Site or any users ability to enjoy the Site.
8. - You will not use any automated programs or scripts to advance your state, acquire goods, or otherwise anything that benefits your state in an automated fashion.
9. - You will abide by any policies or rules posted by authorized moderators or Nation-Wars representatives in the Forums.
10. - You may NOT play from the same computer as anyone else as doing so will trigger our anti-cheating mechanisms and disable your account.
11. - You may NOT play with someone else's account, nor are you allowed to let other play on your account for any reason.
12. - You may NOT trade or sell accounts or anything associated within the Nation-Wars Site.
13. - You may NOT play the game through any public proxy or anonymizer software or portals without the sole written consent of the Nation-Wars Administration.
14. - You may NOT create or advertise for services of any kind that violates the rules.
15.- You may NOT use cheats, exploits or loopholes, if you are unsure if something is violating this rule then you must contact the game administrator and ask.
16. - You may NOT (or even try to) bypass our cheater detection system using any methods.
17. - If during gameplay you came across a server bug which gives u any kind of advantage, you have to report it right away to the admins. If u don't report it, your account can be banned for cheating.
18. - WIKI abuse will not be tolerated and action will be taken towards those who abuse it.
19. - Do not try to cleverly circumvent some rule listed here. These rules are general guidelines and are very flexible.
Violations are either automatically dealt with, or looked at and dealt with on a case by case praxis. If you know about someone else that is cheating you have to report him/her. Not doing so will be treated as cheating and you will be subject to deletion. Violation of these simple rules may result in account deletion without prior notice and in some cases a permanent ban from the game. These rules may be changed with or without notice to the user! Please consult with the privacy policy to read about your privacy and ours.

We Welcome you to Nation-Wars and are happy to have you here. If someone or something is interupting your experience here, please contact an administrator as soon as possible to alert them of the situation. We will look into it Immediately!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Privacy Statement

Privacy Statement for Nation-Wars.
Nation-Wars Copyright © 2007-2009 is owned and operated by Michael Bixby and all rights are reserved.

You are using a website which is owned and operated by Nation-Wars (www.nation-wars.com (http://www.nation-wars.com)). Nation-Wars has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for Nation-Wars and other Internet properties owned or operated by Nation-Wars.

Information We Collect

For the most part, you are able to play Nation-Wars without having to provide any personal information, but there will be times when we will request personal information from you, such as a valid email address and or other information, usually in order to play one of our online games. In some situations, you may also be required to provide personal information in order to make a purchase for certain features of the game. (such as premium accounts) Providing false information about yourself can result in an instant deletion of your account. ANY information you provide to Nation-Wars will NEVER be shared or released to any other party and or company. Our site also uses cookies when your enter the site. These cookies are used to track site usage and also for member sessions. Your Browser must be set to accept cookies in order to play Nation-Wars. Cookies allow us to save passwords and preferences for you so that you won't have to re-enter them the next time you visit. Cookies are used in nearly every site on the web today.

Game Forums

Nation-Wars offers extensive use of our forums and message systems to our users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas is public information and can be accessed through any search engine. DO NOT post personal, private or financial information on our forums and or message systems. Nation-Wars is not responsible for the content or protection of any information disclosed in these areas, or anything that might happen as a result. So PLEASE, be sensible with your data. We cannot stress this enough!

Polls/Serveys

There are times when Nation-Wars will post polls and or offer surveys to our members. No information other then username and or IP addresses are recorded.

Registration

When registering, Nation-Wars requires a valid email address. After you have completed the registration, an email is sent to the email address you provided and verification will be needed before you are able to play Nation-Wars and or use our forums and other features of Nation-Wars.com. In order to keep your account in good standings, a valid email address is required at all times. Email addresses remain private for the sole use of Nation-Wars and will NOT be sold or given away.

Security

Nation-Wars uses electronic, physical and managerial procedures to help safeguard the information we collect from you online. We urge you to take precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often and make sure you use a secure browser. Also, don't use your email password as your game password.

Contact Us

If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with our websites, please feel free to contact us at info@nation-wars.com

This privacy policy is subject to change without notice. Last edited April 24th 2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suiciding - "Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/strategical gain".

Nobody wants to take the thrill of warring out of this game. What we want is to take or limit the best we can, suiciding.

If you go to war due to revenge, you are not a suicider. If you war to advance in the scores, you are not a suicider. If you war as a pre-emptive action to protect your nation you are not a suicider. This is mainly a war game and people love to war. All we are doing is trying to help keep the ones who like to go off and destroy a state or a nation cause they find it funny and then hide there identity.

Proving a suicide is not easy. There must be clear evidence.

If you feel your state has been suicided on, you MUST fill out a report by clicking on the "Report Cheater" tab in the game and include as much info and evidence as you can. PM's or posts in the forums will be ignored.

We will then take all the info and look into the matter. If we feel an investigation needs to start, we will open one. As soon as one is opened, the suspected state receives
an automatic message letting him/her know that an investigation has been opened and for what reason. The suspected state then has the right to reply with his/her side of
the story. If after 24hrs there is no response, the admins assume the suspected state has no comment and we will continue with the investigation with just the evidence
we have on hand. If the Evidence we have is overwhelming, we will not even request a response. But suspected state ALWAYS has a right to have a say in the matter.

During an investigation the admins must BOTH agree that it is in fact a suicide for anything to happen. If either one does NOT agree, then the case is dropped and nothing happens.

If a suicide happens and nothing is reported, the we will NOT open an investigation ourselves. And only the member/state who was suicided on can make a report to open an investigation.

Each matter is handled per case. We do not make one overall rule as each matter has different circumstances. Suicides are not open for public debate. You all are free to discuss it, but Admins will not give out any details or explanations on the final ruling..

Roll back are an included option in the Patriot Act, and WILL BE used accordningly. Admins reserve the right to roll back any state at anytime after a suicide has taken place.

If you are found guilty of suiciding, some or all of the following measures can be taken against you:

1st Offense
Guaranteed to happen:

1. - Highlighted Pink name on original state and all states created the next two sets played.
2. - Added to the known terrorist list to release state/forum name to public.
3. - Loss of orgininal suiciding state.

Other options depending on the extent of attack:

1. - Rollback on the state that was attacked.(take damage from 75% to 50% but don't announce...only that the damage to get rollback reduced)
2. - Banned Account on original suiciding state.

2nd Offense
Guaranteed to happen:

1. - Highlighted Pink name on original state and all states created for six sets played.
2. - Added to the known terrorist list to release state/forum name to public for six sets played.
3. - Pink name in the forums for six sets played.
4. - Loss of orgininal suiciding state.

1. - Rollback on the state that was attacked.
2. - Banned Account on original suiciding state.

3rd Offense
Guaranteed to happen:

1. - Highlighted Pink name on original state and all states created.
2. - Added to the known terrorist list to release state/forum name to public rest of your playing days.
3. - Pink name in the forums for rest of your playing days.
4. - Rollback on the state that was attacked.
5. - Loss of Original suiciding state

1. - Banned from Game entirely

The Administrator of the game reserve the right to change these rules at any time without any prior notice. They will rule on a case by case status using all the evidence they have and pass down a fair and balanced ruling.

Nation-Wars is dedicated to the privacy of all members and will never release any vital or private information (state name/forum name) to any other member in the community. BUT, if you suicide, you give us the right to release this info.

Mr President
05-02-2009, 17:52
As you can see with the Patriot Act, we are actually coming down a little harder on 1st time offenders. It is no longer stated that Roll backs will rarely be used. In fact, roll backs will be used more often and the punishment is greater.

This in effort to eliminate the remaining suicides we have been having. Since the Patriot Act was implemented, suicides are way down. last set was the most we had in a long time.

Calvin74
05-02-2009, 23:06
15.- You may NOT use cheats, exploits or loopholes, if you are unsure if something is violating this rule then you must contact the game administrator and ask.

I take issue with the wording here. How do you define a loophole? Is market feeding a loophole? Is giving your friends GB an exploit? These are just to broad and overreaching words imo.

I would also like to go on record saying I am very against the patriot act. I hate suiciders as much if not more than anyone here but I don't think this is the right way to do it.

Mr President
05-02-2009, 23:54
19. - Do not try to cleverly circumvent some rule listed here. These rules are general guidelines and are very flexible.

The rules are meant to be broad. There is no way we can cover every little thing that could be exploited. So rules are made to be broad. The one you picked out is not new and was not changed. It's the same one that has been in WoW and NW all this time. Did you just now notice it? :)

Anyway, people don't need to get in a tizzy over this. All i did was update it to be more modern and added a Privacy Notice. I could have just slipped this all in and not said a word.. Just thought you all might like to see the updated versions.

Crimson Shadow
05-03-2009, 10:38
I don't really have time right now to read all 3, but just some grammatical errors I've found in the TOS.

Accounts

You agree not to use another's account without permission.

Without permission from whom? The account holder or the administrator?

Under Age Usage

who are atleast 18yrs of age. If you view these certain areas you are agreeing that you are at least 18yrs of age and is acceptable. This site contains little language filters. There is software available commercially that will assist parents in filitering or limiting access to contant that is intended for a mature audience. Nation-Wars is not responsible what mature content viewed on this site by minors.

Should be a space between at least, filtering and content are spelled wrong.
Should spell out years instead of yrs

17. - If during gameplay you came across a server bug which gives u any kind of advantage, you have to report it right away to the admins. If u don't report it, your account can be banned for cheating.

It's more professional looking to spell out you instead of u

Violations are either automatically dealt with, or looked at and dealt with on a case by case praxis.

basis?

Calvin74
05-03-2009, 21:48
Yeah Mr P I actaully never read it in WoW:P
This is the 1st time I have read them (shame on me)

I guess as long as you (the admin) capture the spirit of the offense than I am fine with it

Crimson I believe that goes back to when the game got hacked by certain people and they changed all kinds of things. I guess svenn never noticed that one:P

MAGGIO
05-04-2009, 21:08
I think its a good editition/revision detailed enough but yet vauge enough

Satan666
05-06-2009, 01:13
wait... i was never told there was supposed to be reading...

Honestly this is the first time i have ever read this.. i know that is bad. I think one of these days you should throw something in there like "21- You will allow me access to your sister and/or wife. if you cannot follow this please contact me within 36 hours" and when no one reads it you now have access to alot of women. (not that you would need it, i'm sure you are very much in love with The First Lady)