PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Application

Mr President
05-07-2009, 20:27
As many of you have noticed, there is a facebook tab below where you normally log in. This application is now completed and ready to use by anyone who wishes.

How is works is, click on the tab and then enter your face book login information (no it's not recorded by our site) and it will ask you if you wish to pick a nick name or log in using your normal forums name. For those who are already registered, please use your normal name.

Once you sign in, it publishes you joining nation-wars on all your FB friends pages. (like it does when you make friends or change things) with a link to Nation-Wars.

Also, when you are logged in using FB, when you make a post it will ask you if you wish to publish it on facebook as well. You can skip it, or you can allow it. If allowed, it again will show up on your friends profile pages that you replied or created a post with a link to this site.

This is a great way to gain new members. People will follow the link here and not only read our posts, but also possibly join our game.. So i urge all of you to please use this feature as much as possible.

IF you attempt to try and play the game using false information, your fake account and main account will be deleted and you will be banned from the game. I made it so this is clearly logged in order to keep track of this. So please do not attempt cheating.. This is a great way to gain members so we all can have more fun.. Let's not ruin it.

thanks

Tnova
05-07-2009, 20:50
Great way to recruit for your nation.

Crimson Shadow
05-07-2009, 23:04
Sounds like a great feature....too bad I never use Facebook/myspace

nosejam
05-08-2009, 07:02
I can't see/find it:confused:

Edit: Oh is it for the forums, anyway to log off without clearing my cookies?

Edit: Found it, go me!

nosejam
05-08-2009, 07:07
I can't see/find it:confused:

Edit: Oh is it for the forums, anyway to log off without clearing my cookies?

Edit: Found it, go me!

Test post

Edit: It works, good job Mr P/whoever helped make it.

Mr President
05-08-2009, 22:03
lol.. thanks

I'm glad it works well. The whole point of me doing this is to help increase memberships in the game. Let's hope this works, and let's hope all our members use this new feature. I know 95% of our members use facebook. :)

nosejam
05-12-2009, 16:09
When you click the publish button the message "this has been published to you wall (maybe left a word or two out but w/e) The publish and skip buttons are still there, anyway you could remove them? I keep wondering if I should be pressing them again lol.

Noting big but would be more aesthetically pleasing

Mr President
05-12-2009, 16:27
The only reason it hangs around for a few secs is cause it takes time for the servers to talk. It is a bit annoying having to wait a sec or 2, but there really isn't anything i can do about it. Just look the other way for a second and then when you look back it will be gone.. lol

btw, thanks nosejam for signing in and using this feature. You are one of the FEW who are.. Thanks for trying to help the game.

northbabylon
05-12-2009, 17:37
i wasn't able to find it?

nosejam
05-12-2009, 18:02
i wasn't able to find it?

Log out the forums and when you log back in there's a facebook thing :)

northbabylon
05-12-2009, 23:33
As many of you have noticed, there is a facebook tab below where you normally log in. This application is now completed and ready to use by anyone who wishes.

How is works is, click on the tab and then enter your face book login information (no it's not recorded by our site) and it will ask you if you wish to pick a nick name or log in using your normal forums name. For those who are already registered, please use your normal name.

Once you sign in, it publishes you joining nation-wars on all your FB friends pages. (like it does when you make friends or change things) with a link to Nation-Wars.

Also, when you are logged in using FB, when you make a post it will ask you if you wish to publish it on facebook as well. You can skip it, or you can allow it. If allowed, it again will show up on your friends profile pages that you replied or created a post with a link to this site.

This is a great way to gain new members. People will follow the link here and not only read our posts, but also possibly join our game.. So i urge all of you to please use this feature as much as possible.

IF you attempt to try and play the game using false information, your fake account and main account will be deleted and you will be banned from the game. I made it so this is clearly logged in order to keep track of this. So please do not attempt cheating.. This is a great way to gain members so we all can have more fun.. Let's not ruin it.

thanks

*sigh*

i should read more...

Bram Gotink
05-14-2009, 04:04
Nice one, Mr P :)

nosejam
06-24-2009, 14:32
The only reason it hangs around for a few secs is cause it takes time for the servers to talk. It is a bit annoying having to wait a sec or 2, but there really isn't anything i can do about it. Just look the other way for a second and then when you look back it will be gone.. lol

You fixed it :)