PDA

View Full Version : Website Tweaking

DBozMen
05-13-2009, 10:11
Hey Guys,

the last few days i have been working on my business website to tweak it a bit.

Please give me your opinion, even if you don't understand of what is saids :P

http://www.sedero.nl/

Thx

nosejam
05-13-2009, 10:39
It looks good, but it has the same problem as a lot of these sites, they all share the same look, so you fit in with the crowd but don't necessarily stand out.

But looks very neat and professional which is the vibe I imagine you'd want to give off.

kid_slasherx
05-13-2009, 11:49
Looks good though need further work to make it more polish. If you aiming on following web 2.0 design look & feel my suggestion is adding subtle highlights and gradients. Kinda hard to navigate your site (try adding hover effects) and try increasing the size of text copy.

Sorry for my english. lol ^_^

KLL
05-13-2009, 13:08
if the folks jumping around were nude girls, the site would be a lot more memorable

nosejam
05-13-2009, 15:22
Looks good though need further work to make it more polish. If you aiming on following web 2.0 design look & feel my suggestion is adding subtle highlights and gradients. Kinda hard to navigate your site (try adding hover effects) and try increasing the size of text copy.

Sorry for my english. lol ^_^

Hover effects ftw

MAGGIO
05-13-2009, 16:56
it is very 1.0 ish. Take a look at template monster.com and look at some of the webdev templates they have and then model your after one of those.

KLL
05-13-2009, 17:13
well depends on the audience really.
personally i find it looks very suitable.

moster.com is annoying as it takes a bit longer to load and is overlaoded with gimmicks that mainly jsut eat RAM and CPU. Web 2.0 is widely considered to be retreating anywy. making way for 3.0. so either say with 1.0 or go for somethig ncompeltely new. 2.0ing your website is jsut showing you're a year or two out of date.

altho changes i'd make: on the right side, those bubbles are irritating. as if they're a placeholder for an immage or some other content.
and on the site wher you introduce youself, leave out your age. its better if peopel belive you're older if you're startign your own advisry firm.
on the site where i'm thinking you're quoting satisfied customers.. you might wanna link to them
oh, and those coloured pencils on he top right.. i'd replace them with a pen or so. looks more professional while color pencils have a bit of a primary school feel to it

Xavior
05-13-2009, 18:40
Is it literally Dennis Bunch Man and Rob the Farmer or does Babelfish really suck?

KLL
05-13-2009, 19:48
both is my guess.

DBozMen
05-14-2009, 03:06
well depends on the audience really.
personally i find it looks very suitable.

moster.com is annoying as it takes a bit longer to load and is overlaoded with gimmicks that mainly jsut eat RAM and CPU. Web 2.0 is widely considered to be retreating anywy. making way for 3.0. so either say with 1.0 or go for somethig ncompeltely new. 2.0ing your website is jsut showing you're a year or two out of date.

altho changes i'd make: on the right side, those bubbles are irritating. as if they're a placeholder for an immage or some other content.
and on the site wher you introduce youself, leave out your age. its better if peopel belive you're older if you're startign your own advisry firm.
on the site where i'm thinking you're quoting satisfied customers.. you might wanna link to them
oh, and those coloured pencils on he top right.. i'd replace them with a pen or so. looks more professional while color pencils have a bit of a primary school feel to it

Thx for the feedback :)

Nubs
05-14-2009, 12:58
english would be nice. :laugh:

KLL
05-14-2009, 14:45
english would be nice. :laugh:

learn dutch. millions did.