PDA

View Full Version : Medals

Mr President
05-24-2009, 00:56
In the portal section there is a new tab called Medals. Each set a user and a nation who have achieved greatness in certain areas will receive a medal and there state name and # listed.

The User part is up. I do not have the nations part done yet, but it will be soon. The medals go back to the Jan 2009 set.

There are 5 medals a user can earn.

- Medal of Superiority- Highest Networth
-Medal of Development- Most Land
-Medal of Destruction- Most attacks
-Medal of Courage- Most Defends
-Medal of Devastation- Most Kills

As mentioned earlier, we will no longer be voting in members and nations into the Hall of Fame. You will now have to earn your way by getting all 5 medals.

When a member is inducted into the HOF they will receive the highest award in Nation-Wars. It is the NW Medal of Honor. Only HOF members and nations can receive this.

The pics of the medals need a little cleaning up. And i will do that as soon as i have some spare time to work with them. But for now they will do.

Members/Nations that have already been inducted into the HOF will fall under the grandfather clause. Which means they stay where they are without having to achieve the above.

There are still a few nations/members that will be inducted from the past. Some of these have already been approved, just not added. They will come soon. And they also will fall under the grandfather clause.

L P
05-24-2009, 01:18
Does this mean Will and I have been sacked? :(

**** this economy.

Mr President
05-24-2009, 01:36
No you 2 still have jobs..

(for now)

L P
05-24-2009, 01:43
(for now)
:scared:<==Will :o<==LP
(Posting resumes on Monster.com)

Mr President
05-24-2009, 01:47
lol.. Don't worry, if you guys lose your jobs i will make sure you get a nice Severance package that will keep you a float for a good amount of time. I'm not a mean employer.. Ghost:::

L P
05-24-2009, 02:13
Great! A government buyout complete with huge bonuses,

:P

nosejam
05-24-2009, 07:30
How do nations get into the HOF? Do they have to have all the medals awarded to members in their nation, but not neccesarily all by the same person?

Divine Intervention
05-24-2009, 07:44
will there be an option to see what medals we have won over time? or do we have to select individual sets..

Mr President
05-24-2009, 11:45
How do nations get into the HOF? Do they have to have all the medals awarded to members in their nation, but not neccesarily all by the same person?

When the nation part of it is done, i'll fill you all in.

will there be an option to see what medals we have won over time? or do we have to select individual sets..

I would like to make it so each person can click to see there own medals. The way i did it now was the easiest with the shortest amount of time. When i do have time i will do it the other way.

Crimson Shadow
05-24-2009, 21:37

Do these count dead states as well?
Or do you have to be alive to receive one of those medals

Crimson Shadow
05-24-2009, 21:51
Also....the numbers don't add up with those in Top 10 States.

March 2009
Medals --- The BillioNaire(#72) was awarded the Medal of Courage for receiving 355 attacks
Top 10 --- The BillioNaire, NuBs(#72) 474 March, 2009

Bram Gotink
05-25-2009, 09:10
<!---------------
Off-topic:
Sneaky ... double posting, but it's on two different pages, so you hope no one notices.
---------------->

On-topic: one big question for the nation thingy (yes, I know you haven't implemented it yet, but w/e)
Are the kills, attacks etc. counted per member or not??
i.e. Nation [XXX] gets 5 kills, with 40 members. So that is 1/8 kill per member, but 5 kills for the nation.
What's it gonna be? 5 or 1/8 ?

Crimson Shadow
05-25-2009, 09:45
<!---------------
Off-topic:
Sneaky ... double posting, but it's on two different pages, so you hope no one notices.
---------------->

I don't care about post count....so I wasn't doing it to boost it. I simply made a post about the medals and then was reporting a bug 15 minutes later. Please forgive me for not combining my 2 posts :glare:

Bram Gotink
05-25-2009, 10:51
I don't care about post count....so I wasn't doing it to boost it. I simply made a post about the medals and then was reporting a bug 15 minutes later. Please forgive me for not combining my 2 posts :glare:

Mr President
05-25-2009, 12:25
I see where i messed up on the defends. it should be all fixed now. If you find anything else just let me know..

thanks

nosejam
05-25-2009, 13:43
I see where i messed up on the defends. it should be all fixed now. If you find anything else just let me know..

thanks

I found a quid down the back of my sofa :thumbup:

Vaim
05-26-2009, 13:58
sulka(#179) was awarded the Medal of Devastation for killing 7 other states.

sulka, sirka(#179) 7 April, 2009
Harbinger of Death, Vaim(#50) 7 April, 2009

want!

Mhaphew
05-26-2009, 18:00
Can we get medals for being around for such a long time? Like ive been playing this game since '03, now i know I havent been constantly playing but i have popped in and out since '03...

MAGGIO
05-26-2009, 18:19
let me ask a quicky. i have been nominatined for hof. does this mean i will never make it if i dont get the medals?

Mr President
05-26-2009, 19:28
let me ask a quicky. i have been nominatined for hof. does this mean i will never make it if i dont get the medals?

In the portal section there is a new tab called Medals. Each set a user and a nation who have achieved greatness in certain areas will receive a medal and there state name and # listed.

The User part is up. I do not have the nations part done yet, but it will be soon. The medals go back to the Jan 2009 set.

There are 5 medals a user can earn.

- Medal of Superiority- Highest Networth
-Medal of Development- Most Land

As mentioned earlier, we will no longer be voting in members and nations into the Hall of Fame. You will now have to earn your way by getting all 5 medals.

When a member is inducted into the HOF they will receive the highest award in Nation-Wars. It is the NW Medal of Honor. Only HOF members and nations can receive this.

The pics of the medals need a little cleaning up. And i will do that as soon as i have some spare time to work with them. But for now they will do.

Members/Nations that have already been inducted into the HOF will fall under the grandfather clause. Which means they stay where they are without having to achieve the above.

There are still a few nations/members that will be inducted from the past. Some of these have already been approved, just not added. They will come soon. And they also will fall under the grandfather clause.

:-)

Mhaphew
05-26-2009, 20:40
So is that your way of saying "No go fluff yourself"?

MAGGIO
05-26-2009, 20:53
comparing your last post to your first....i understand. Im a fluffer either way Matt!

Mhaphew
05-26-2009, 20:58
comparing your last post to your first....i understand. Im a fluffer either way Matt!

hehehe, I'm glad I came back..

Vaim
06-28-2009, 05:19
sulka(#179) was awarded the Medal of Devastation for killing 7 other states.

sulka, sirka(#179) 7 April, 2009
Harbinger of Death, Vaim(#50) 7 April, 2009

want!

I was serious about this btw, we made the same amount of kills, who decided he gets the medal?

nosejam
06-28-2009, 05:25
I was serious about this btw, we made the same amount of kills, who decided he gets the medal?

Yeah would be nice to know how this is decided lol

Crimson Shadow
06-28-2009, 12:00

Just a guess, but I assume its whoever got the 7th kill first.