PDA

View Full Version : The Long Journey

Mr President
05-28-2009, 22:14
A new server has been opened in Nation-Wars. It is called The Long Journey.
Everything is set up the same as the regular game (resurrection) except now you only receive 1 turn per 20 min and the round last 6 months.

Originally this server was going to be an endless server, but some liked the idea, some didn't so i split the difference and went to 6 months long.

This server will not be patrolled like the main server is. Cheaters will still be looked at and booted if caught, but there is no roll back nor suicide markings. This is a free at will server. So if you play and get suicided, then it's up to you to make your revenge. This also goes for triples, doubles in the top 10, war attacks outside of war ect ect.. Admins will not interfere in ANY of the game play on this new server. The states and nations will have to handle all the issues themselves..

I understand that the biggest concern about this server is those who start later will not have the same advantage as those who start sooner. Perhaps in the future i will make it so turns are adjusted and calculated to when a user starts. So if someone starts later, they are given the difference in turns from when the round started.. Or maybe they will just get a bonus of extra turns.. Haven't decided yet.

Another thing that will be nice is newer ppl can play on this server to help learn the game. It is a much slower pace then the main server. So nation leaders, feel free to have new members play on this server as well.

We are going to give this a trial run. If it flops then we will make adjustments. But i see lots of endless servers on many other games that do very well. So we'll see. I will also open a section in the forums for the new server. (prolly this weekend)

The round will begin on June 1st and end December 1st.

Also...........

There will also be a speed round server coming soon where rounds will only last like 8 days or so. And of course the Tournament server will be popping up again after some reworking is done on that. I would like to make the tournament server actually have goals that need to be achieved and not just a slaughter fest that it became. I will keep you posted as it moves forward.

Mr President
05-28-2009, 22:17
also want to add that staff members are NOT required to play on the new server like they are required to play on the Resurrection server..

Crimson Shadow
05-28-2009, 22:21
So if someone starts later, they are given the difference in turns from when the round started.

One flaw, all I would have to do is create a state on the last day and I'm given the 50k turns that were distributed throughout the set. If anything I would give states that join late the difference in turns, up to 1,000th turn given out. After that any state joining/restarting is automatically given 1,000 turns.

Mr President
05-28-2009, 22:25
which is why i haven't made any decision on any of that yet.. Before i do i would want to find as many of the flaws as i could to cover them.. So for now, nothing will be done. :)

Shabaz K
05-28-2009, 23:23
why we cant just make a completely different game then the one we have rather then playing the same game with a twist?

i dont know if this server will work. we will see.

Xavior
05-29-2009, 00:11
Wait a sec, as a staff member, I'm required to play the game?? :p

Bram Gotink
05-29-2009, 03:58
also want to add that staff members are NOT required to play on the new server like they are required to play on the Resurrection server..

Wait a sec, as a staff member, I'm required to play the game?? :p

:o
That's the first time I ever heard that...

MAGGIO
05-29-2009, 10:22
may i make a few suggestions

if the time of the game is 6x longer then allow for 6x more turns on hand and/or stored and allow for 6x the bank size, and 6x something else to keep the market good.

also put a cap on the nation member count. something like 10. A group like say the estonians can get together 15-20 members and just rule the server after a few months. For some reason I just see one larger than life nation just taking everything and everyone one out.

Crimson Shadow
05-29-2009, 12:57
Only problem with the cap is then you could have USA USA2 USA3 which is the same nation just spread out into however many members they have.

I say we see how it does w/o a cap and if it is needed then we can implement one.

Mr President
05-29-2009, 14:06

if the time of the game is 6x longer then allow for 6x more turns on hand and/or stored and allow for 6x the bank size, and 6x something else to keep the market good.

This is a good idea. I'm not sure we will go 6x more of everything, but an increase is definitely needed.

Mr President
05-29-2009, 14:07
why we cant just make a completely different game then the one we have rather then playing the same game with a twist?

i dont know if this server will work. we will see.

Time is the reason we don't have a whole new game. building a game takes a lot of it, and sadly i don't have much of it free..

I have been working on something completely different than a war game.. But it will be awhile before it's ever released.

MAGGIO
05-29-2009, 14:13
Only problem with the cap is then you could have USA USA2 USA3 which is the same nation just spread out into however many members they have.

I say we see how it does w/o a cap and if it is needed then we can implement one.

someone always sais that 1,2,3 thing but it rarely happens...its not different than having an alliance with your friends is it?

pcgluva
05-29-2009, 15:51
IMO Disable Nation Hopping make it soo once you leave a nation you can not rejoin it for the rest of the set

Crimson Shadow
05-29-2009, 17:07
someone always sais that 1,2,3 thing but it rarely happens.

Thats because we have never had a nation cap before.
We had a recommended one, but it wasn't enforced.

With our current numbers we probably wouldn't see that...but if we had a larger amount of players you would probably see 1/2/3.

Divine Intervention
05-29-2009, 17:13
One flaw, all I would have to do is create a state on the last day and I'm given the 50k turns that were distributed throughout the set. If anything I would give states that join late the difference in turns, up to 1,000th turn given out. After that any state joining/restarting is automatically given 1,000 turns.

yes that was the first thing i was going to say. the 1k turn max on late starters is a good idea. id suggest having a much higher limit for stored turns and putting those "late starter" turns into stored otherwise people could just log in 1k turns into the game and jump to 1st much easier.

Mr President
05-29-2009, 17:42
Max turns- 800
Stored Turns- 1000
150B- Max Savings
You Can change the tax rate 9 times
there is a 15 member cap on nations
Prices of goods on the market takes longer to drop. (192hrs)

*** To be clear, these changes are only for the long journey server ***

MAGGIO
05-29-2009, 18:35
its actually sounding like it could be cool....you can do alot of damage with 1800 turns

Disorder
05-29-2009, 18:45
IMO Disable Nation Hopping make it soo once you leave a nation you can not rejoin it for the rest of the set

Make it to where only the leader can release you! Then he can be held accountable!

pcgluva
05-30-2009, 14:43
maggio brings up a good point 1800 turns is alot of damage, shouldd there be a limit on attacks per hour? im talking war attacks, i mean if you get your nation to save up 1800 turns each with a good stock on military you can wipe out nations in seconds

i was thinking either a timed readyness instead of turns orr less red regain per turn

Crimson Shadow
05-30-2009, 15:12
Could we remove the nation limit to use NA/Tech/War? Probably not going to get many people in the game right away so it will be tough to get 4 man nations.

FeaRLezZoN3
05-30-2009, 16:14
This is awsome!!! :)

Crimson Shadow
05-31-2009, 21:40
Could we remove the nation limit to use NA/Tech/War? Probably not going to get many people in the game right away so it will be tough to get 4 man nations.

Still all 1 man nations except NS has 2.

Shabaz K
05-31-2009, 22:39
i was wondering can that 4 man nation cap be removed. I dot expect it to be a such big hit or a big problem like ress.?

Mr President
05-31-2009, 23:24
4 man cap has been removed for the long journey server.

Crimson Shadow
06-01-2009, 09:47
Thanks

nosejam
06-02-2009, 13:40

also put a cap on the nation member count. something like 10. A group like say the estonians can get together 15-20 members and just rule the server after a few months. For some reason I just see one larger than life nation just taking everything and everyone one out.

it's 6x longer sure, but turns are handed out at half the rate

Max turns you may have on hand (excluding bonuses): 1.800
Max stored turns: 1.000

Seems too many, but maybe it will work well, who knows lol. All one big experiment anyway.

Crimson Shadow
06-02-2009, 15:25
I would say if anything it should be: turns on hand 500, turns stored 2.300.

This way someone cant sit on 1.800 turns and wipe out an entire nation by themselves.

Mr President
06-02-2009, 17:13
hmm i'm sorry i didn't even look at what i was doing. It wasn't suppose to be 1800 on hand it was suppose to be 1800 total..

800 on hand, with 1000 stored.. I had 1800 on the brain and that is why i did that.. and i just now read these replies and realized what i have done. I will fix this now.. sorry for the confusion.. you know how it is with us old ppl..

Crimson Shadow
06-02-2009, 18:39
Silly pres