PDA

View Full Version : I am proud to present.......

Mr President
01-17-2008, 00:33
Nation Wars II !!!!!

Finally after many many long hours, NWII is ready to be tested by everyone. Before you start though, let me fill you in on some changes that have been made.

- All units have been renamed to military units.
-there are now 4 strats to choose from. Casher,Indy,Farmer,Techer.
-Only Standard attacks gain land. the rest are war attacks.
-Turn bank- Every 30 min you gain 1 turn in your turn bank to be used whenever you need them. max = 100. You can not deposit turns.

-No longer costs you anything to change strat during mid set. change anytime you want.

- health loss during an attack no longer drops 10 points.. Now drops 2 per attack

- You no longer have to lower you tax to regain health back to 100% It will regain at any tax setting just by using turns.

- Tax can be set 1-60% so soak em dry! lol

- Spy Missions

- intelligence folder. When you do an intel on a enemy state, a copy of that intel automatically saves in the intelligence folder for later use.

-Upkeep costs have been reduced.

- networth formula has been totally reworked. (major improvement)

-Black Market refills instantly. (just re-click BM tab)

-Black market prices have been raised to encourage PM usage.

-Public market prices have been re-worked.

-Food & money is no longer part of the networth formula.

-Added menu items are now on the lower right of the screen

-when you sign up, it will send you an email with a link to set your own pass.

-added security features. Now there are many ways to catch cheaters.

- You now get 250 (350 if you use turn bank) turns to start. So now you can leave protection the first day if you wish.

-Production and attack are now a drop down list.

-Nations Bank. members can deposit and withdraw money,food and tech points.

- Manual has been re-worked to a single page.. (still in progress)

There are many more changes, but you will see them as you play. For everyone who wanted a game as close to WoW as possible, well this is it!

There are still bugs that will need and will be found. Please as soon as you find one report to the NWII section of the forums. http://forums.nation-wars.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

We have a lot more changes that we plan to make to this game. But this is a start.

While testing, you can have 2 accounts. Yes you can use the same email address for both. If you run two states, please pick different strats for each.

The whole reason this is being released now is cause i need all of your help. We need to test the strats against eachother. We want them to be as even as possible and making the player who is running the state that makes the difference. So if you feel one of the strats is off and needs to be adjusted up or down, please post it in the NWII section. Tell us what strat and what direction you feel it needs to be adjusted.

I hope you all enjoy the new game. A lot of work has gone into making this game good and a foundation to start with in making it great!

The link to NWII has been posted, so go ahead and make your state or states and have fun!

Oh and one more thing.. The USA will be up and running and for the first time in almost a year, i will be leading it :P *calls old members home*

Enjoy!!!!

L P
01-17-2008, 01:13
I'm glad to have motivated, dedicated and educated people such as yourself building this thing. :thumbup:

Mr President
01-17-2008, 01:17
So this means you'll play?????? :)

pcgluva
01-17-2008, 01:20
HURRAY!!!!!!!!! awsome and 2 accounts?

Mr President
01-17-2008, 01:22
yup.. more turns to start with and 2 accounts.

the turns will be like this forever. And i'm we will see how the 2 account thing pays off. We may keep it, or we may put it back to one. Till member count picks up, it will stay 2..

L P
01-17-2008, 01:31
So this means you'll play?????? :)

no

Mr President
01-17-2008, 01:37
You really should. It would help me out a lot to have as many opinions on it as possible. Every opinion matters and i need them to help make the game better.....

So look at it like your helping an old pal out :)

Mr President
01-17-2008, 01:42
Which reminds me.... EVERYONE please advertise the heck out of this new game. Send a message to everyone on your MSN.

I am working out a plan to offer rewards to those who refer the game to others. Right now I have no way of tracking referrals if they just sign up to the game. But if they sign up in the forums 1st then i can keep track of them and reward users. They don't even have to use the forums, they just need to sign up. these forums come with a referral program so it's easiest if they sign up here first.

Haven't made up my mind yet on what it will be, but i'll try to make it something good :P

Please try hard in getting new people here. If they don't like the game and don't stay there is nothing we can do about it. but we need to try!

thanks

Mr President
01-17-2008, 04:44
Also, don't forget that only Standard attacks are the only legal attack for land. All other attacks simply kill off the land and will be considered and act of
war. So this should help the FA guys keep busy...

While we are testing this i ask that all the members who love to war and kill people, please just try and tone it down a little. Hopefully new people will be
tagging up (one just did) and we don't want them to die to soon. I'm not saying you can't war, i'm just saying let's not go try to kill everyone in the game just yet. Let's give the new people a chance to learn there way around and then they are free game.. lol

Crimson Shadow
01-17-2008, 07:25
Sounds like I might actually have to play now :P

Has the 10% nation cap been removed as well?

Mr President
01-17-2008, 13:45
Sounds like I might actually have to play now :P

Has the 10% nation cap been removed as well?

You better play.... :)

The cap hasn't been removed, but it has been raised. Now the nation member
cap is 60 members.. lol.. So basically, until we have a LOT more members, the
cap will not be an issue...

Crimson Shadow
01-17-2008, 16:14
Sounds good

Soviet Russia
01-19-2008, 11:27
Let it be a good game after beta, as it was before in w-o-w days.