PDA

View Full Version : NWII

Mr President
01-19-2008, 16:40
I messed up and well NWII will be down for a bit...

Sorry guys! :mad:

pcgluva
01-19-2008, 16:48
was just going to message you about this

Crimson Shadow
01-19-2008, 17:12
good going mr p :P

Mr President
01-19-2008, 17:49
Well i guess i didn't mess it up as bad as i thought.. Just a few settings are messed up so it won't take me as long fix...

Please be patient.

pcgluva
01-19-2008, 17:50
im in

Mr President
01-19-2008, 18:02
yes people can get in, but the figures are wrong and so are some of the names. It will take me a while to get it fixed, but by the end of tonight i should have it done.

The db was not touched! THANK GOODNESS!

I can't believe i did this lol.. I was uploading files on the server and i must have hit the file that holds NWII... So it changed a bunch of stuff, but thankfully not everything!

I'm a HUGE tool! :w00t:

pcgluva
01-19-2008, 18:05
lol yeah nw figures are all screwed

Mr President
01-19-2008, 18:20
db has been locked and turns have been stopped..

this way not so many people can get a high NW when they are not suppose to.. I'm not sure if i can get the NW back to what it should be.. but we will try..

thankfully this is only a 2 week trial run, so NW really doesn't matter..

Mr President
01-19-2008, 22:28
Due to me making a huge mistake and well overwriting some of the Nation Wars files, the new Networth formula was lost, and well seeing did not
make a backup file, (which i ALWAYS DO) i had to start from scratch again. But that is ok cause i needed to tweak it a little more anyway.. lol
So, many of the larger states who used turns while the game was down (and gained a HUGE networth) you will see your net adjust to where it should
be. So you will see it go down. Do not be alarmed, this is suppose to happen. This set was only going to last 2 weeks anyway, so it is not a huge
deal at this point. I am VERY sorry for this inconvenience, i can not believe i did what i did. First time for everything i guess.. Enjoy!

There were lots of other files damaged when this happened. I have gone through most of them and fixed them, but if you see something strange please
post it in the NWII section and i'll get it fixed..

Mr President
01-19-2008, 22:28
oh and the game is back on!

L P
01-19-2008, 22:42
Your fired.:P

Missionary
01-19-2008, 23:25
i best be a mill net infront mr.p lol :)

Mr President
01-20-2008, 19:58
The server company sent me the backup files in which i need to put the game
back exactly the way it was..

I will be uploading these files tonight. Should only take a few min.

I'm not turning back the game, i'm just putting in a few files.

Mr President
01-20-2008, 20:20
File transfer is done. Game settings are exactly how they were before i messed them up.. :D

You will see a net worth change when you use a turn, but nothing drastic.

when i had to quickly redo the networth formula, i added population into the formula and it shouldn't be. If i kept it in, then cashers would always have a better networth cause they will have more population then a indy or other strat.. So this is why you will see the decrease.. It won't be much though.

Mr President
01-27-2008, 20:34
There was an error with the membership cap. This must have happened when the game went down.. anyway it should be fixed as of today!

If anyone has any problems please let me know.