PDA

View Full Version : Senior Pranks

pcgluva
07-02-2009, 15:30
Now that i am finally done with highschool and looking back on the past few months I wonder who else from NW has graduated this year and if you have any stories to tell....

Here is the highlight of the end of my senior year,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2D2r6paaI

I was also quoted a couple of times in the newspaper article below

http://strausnews.com/articles/2009/06/19/the_chronicle/news/5.tx#blogcomments

‘A prank done right’

Class of 2009 hopes they’ve started new tradition at Chester Academy, By Ranisha Singh

Chester — Monday: Garbage Day. Tuesday: Opposite Gender Day. Wednesday: Senior Spirit Day. Thursday: Beach/Hawaiian Day. Friday: Prank Day.

The Chester Academy’s Class of 2009 followed this schedule last week to celebrate their last full week of high school. Each senior dressed up to suit the theme of the day — and attracted some surprised looks from teachers and underclassmen, who had no idea what was going on. Nothing of this sort has ever happened at the school before.

But the dressing up was only a prelude to the real prank: The Senior Outing. Students held planning meetings the weekend before, and put in hours of preparation to set up their elaborate scheme. That’s why many seniors were at the school early on Friday.

“We got there at 11:30 p.m. the night before,” said Sean Thomas, one of the masterminds behind the prank. Others included Jeremy Vazquez, who came up with the senior outing idea, Timmy Schust, and the rest of the senior class.

“A crazy storm was rolling through, but that didn’t stop us,” Sean said. “We had a plan, and it had to get finished by morning.”

And it did.

Sheets with the words “Seniors ’09” were hung over the school’s front entrance and on the windows. Camping tents were set up on the front lawn. Post-it notes — about 3,500 of them — were stuck to the front lobby. Beach items, such as kiddie pools, chairs, and umbrellas, were placed outside the school. Hundreds of balloons were laid across the front entrance. Plastic cups full of water were placed right in front of the main doors. Flamingoes decorated the front lawn, and luau decorations were taped to the windows. Desks were rearranged in every room, and streamers hung on the staircases.

And this was only the beginning.

The seniors camped out inside the tents waiting for the buses to pull in. When morning came, the buses lined up, and as soon as the kids got off, air horns blew. Seniors, armed with water balloons, ran out of their tents and threw them at anyone and everyone.

“I was caught in a whirlwind of running and yells,” said Patrick Fletcher, currently a junior. “Schoolmates young and old were bombarded with water balloons as they tried to find solace inside the school.”

Chaos ensued, and everyone was left soaking wet.

After successfully pulling off their prank, the seniors, with the help of school custodians, cleaned up the place. No one got into trouble because no vandalism or permanent damage was done to the school.

A few teachers knew about the prank, but nobody expected it to go so well. Many said it was the best prank they’d seen in 30 years.

Sean said it best of all: “It was a prank done right.”

Editor’s note: Ranisha Singh is a senior at Chester Academy. Photos were taken by Brittany Bilodeau, Sidra Iqbal, Lisa Marie Behler, and Sarah Brokenshire.

Minimus
07-02-2009, 15:43
Now I definitely thought this was going to be a thread about Dogma.

Divine Intervention
07-02-2009, 18:31
there are no fit girls in your school are there Sean?

Crimson Shadow
07-02-2009, 19:59
My senior class was too apathetic to get anything organized.
I wanted to do something, but noone else seemed to care. :(

pcgluva
07-02-2009, 23:13
there are no fit girls in your school are there Sean?

there is a few that are not in the video tho but besides that not really lmaoo... but you do see me soak the one girl with a balloon after laughing at me (in the tent)