PDA

View Full Version : United Nations

Mr President
07-08-2009, 21:34
I have completed the United Nation feature i started a few months ago. This new feature is like a game within itself.. It has many really cool features with still a huge amount of possibilities......

I would like to point out some of the feature is has and why i think it will fit nicely into this game.

- As a member of the UN, you are able to send support shipments of goods to other nations that are members of the UN. You can send 1 shipment up to 10% of each of your goods per 24hrs. (Science, Military, Financial) When a support package is sent to another nation it displays it in the Exterior News.

"The Nation America[USA] has Sent an aid Package Containing $250 dollars to OSB[OB]"

The Nation America[USA] has Sent an aid Package Containing Military Units to OSB[OB]

The Nation America[USA] has Sent an aid Package Containing 122 Science Tech to OSB[OB]

This way all the other nation can keep track of whats going on and who is feeding who.. Could be useful during war times to see who is feeding your enemy.. :)

In the Ext News it also tells you who recently joined or left the UN.

The Nation America [USA] has joined the United Nations.

The Nation America [USA] has withdrawn from the United Nations.

-Messaging-

If you are a leader of a nation who is a member of the UN, you are able to contact just the leaders of all the other UN member nations. You can send a mass message to all of them, or you can pick them out of a drop down list.

-Polls-

As a UN member you are able to create polls that the other UN members vote on. Once you create a poll and automatic message is sent out to all the other UN members informing them of the poll. There are 3 options when answering the poll.. Yes, No, Abstain

These can be useful for when you would like to put the weight of the UN behind something.. Say a nation is out of line, you can put some pressure on them.. Taking a poll inside the UN will show you how much support you have from the UN.

-Listing of Support Packages-

Anytime a nation sends you a support package it shows up on the main screen of your UN panel. It tells your what they sent, how much and date and time. You are able to delete this after you view it if you wish.

-Sanctions-

If you are a member of the UN and you declare sanctions against another nation, it will cost you 1/2 as much. (still being tested but will be fully ready by next set)

I know some are worried about the support packages. This is why i made it a minimal amount of 10% and only able 1 per 24hrs.. Yes you can send one package of each goods per 24hrs.. But only 10% of each.. I also made it so it displays in the Ext news so other nations can keep track. If you feel there is feeding going on, then that could be a possible reason to war.

Not all nations have to join this. There will be a fee that is imposed against your nation for being a member of the UN. This works like the Sanctions. A certain amount per member per 24hrs. I haven't fully decided what that amount will be, but it won't be much as i feel every nation should have the right to join the UN.. Big or Small, so it needs to be affordable.

I would really like to add it in for this set as a testing phase.. But i'll leave that up to you all. If you don't want me too then i'll select a few ppl to try it out on the test server..

Like i said, i feel there is huge potential with this new feature. Lots of growing room and it will bring a whole new element to the game. It now allows smaller nations to band together and have a voice in the game. Smaller nations can help eachother out by sending support packages while at war with larger ones.. And it also allows larger nations the same advantages.

Plus the main part of this is, it allows all the leaders to a place to converse.. Just the leaders without the other members..

I would be interested to hear some opinions and also suggestions of new things that could be added.. like maybe a UN ambassador instead of the leaders accessing it.. things like that. Of course you all would have to use it some before you have any real suggestions..

Anyway, discuss........

Crimson Shadow
07-08-2009, 21:46
You put importance in this over adding 7 extra character spots for my Yahoo messenger profile thingy?

pfft :p

Mr President
07-08-2009, 21:59
lol forgot to tell you that i fixed that again.. should be set now.. :)

sorry! (i fixed it like 2 days ago lol)

Crimson Shadow
07-08-2009, 22:02
I never use Yahoo messenger...I just wanted to give you a hard time. :p

Back on the topic of the UN, it seems interesting, but we will see how it goes.
I'm not a fan of the "care packages" but I have never liked donations.

Mr President
07-08-2009, 22:09
I know some of you will start pointing out how certain things can be abused.. Honestly, i have given all of this a lot of thought and put a lot of work into it. I know where it can be abused.. Which is kinda why i made everything showing on the ext news.. I'm tired of this game being so "safe" all the time, where nobody really has to put any effort into anything.. I want to stir things up again and remind people just how it use to be in WoW.. Nothing was safe in that game.. And nobody let anyone get away with things like they do now.

If you don't like certain things, kill the bastards... :)

Again, this is just a simple start to what i feel can really make a good impact on the game. Lots of things can and will be added to the UN feature... But this is a start...

Disorder
07-08-2009, 23:44
Sweeeeeeeeeet... Im brain dead from work, I will give er some thought and post later.

pron
07-09-2009, 00:24
Not all nations have to join this. There will be a fee that is imposed against your nation for being a member of the UN. This works like the Sanctions. A certain amount per member per 24hrs. I haven't fully decided what that amount will be, but it won't be much as i feel every nation should have the right to join the UN.. Big or Small, so it needs to be affordable.

So--there's a fee for joining the UN? Or was this supposed to be a fee for not joining the UN?

I like how the UN has a cover charge. Maybe Anton can bring some techno pop music from Britain to the leader meetings.

Crimson Shadow
07-09-2009, 00:37
There is a fee to join the UN.

Its used to pay the bouncer and to provide anton's techno music. :p

MAGGIO
07-09-2009, 00:46
1. I think this will encourage others to create their own nations hopefully with more than one man.

2. I think its time to designate "official co-leaders" that carry the title just the leader does. Possible option to add title of co-leader, leader, or fa to ONE other person so that ONE other person can be apart of the communication and/or benifits that come with the UN. (not just for me) Our leader left on vaca this set, so thats just an example of a possible situation. TWO I think is more than enough per nation.

Shabaz K
07-09-2009, 21:14
oohh! i like

i think there should be a package of aid through UN where you can send without any knowledge to anyone maybe have it so through spies, the more powerfull the more successful i dunno maybelol

Crimson Shadow
07-11-2009, 17:21
What happens if a nation doesn't have enough money in the bank to cover the UN charge?
Are they automatically disbanded from the UN?

MAGGIO
07-11-2009, 17:27
is it that a nation is paying for membership and the benifits are communications and other features...oh yah the aid...wonders how much that is worth per player per day.

Devil
07-11-2009, 18:59
what happens after a nation goes to 0% tax and have depleted their Nation bank and can't pay UN dues?

Mr President
07-11-2009, 19:45
What happens if a nation doesn't have enough money in the bank to cover the UN charge?
Are they automatically disbanded from the UN?

Yes.. They are kicked from the UN. Currently there is no set amount to join the UN, so if booted just join back up. But i'm sure this will change.

is it that a nation is paying for membership and the benifits are communications and other features...oh yah the aid...wonders how much that is worth per player per day.

It hasn't been set yet.. But it's not going to be a lot.. it will be pretty small.

what happens after a nation goes to 0% tax and have depleted their Nation bank and can't pay UN dues?

They will be booted from the UN.. So the days of 0 tax are coming to an end.. Nations will need to figure out the lowest % they can go to make sure they can cover the costs..

The whole point of the UN costing is, eventually the money collected will be used to for nations in need.. of course a vote will have to be taken and passed before money could be sent to another nation in need.. Plus there are a couple other ideas i have for the UN.

MAGGIO
07-11-2009, 22:56
I know that If I put money in I would want to know how much and I also would want to know how much was put in by all on one huge list so that if monies were dispursed and voted upon, I would know who did what and were it was going to whome etc...

so a feature like that tracking all the monies in the UN bank would be cool imo.

MAGGIO
07-11-2009, 22:58
holy crap i just thought that if the UN had a bank, maybe it could take part in some sort of market control too. like if there are too many indis it could buy up goods, and if there was too many cashers it could put goods on the market...FOOD!

many people would benifit so many people should be interested in taking part.

Devil
07-12-2009, 00:05
holy crap i just thought that if the UN had a bank, maybe it could take part in some sort of market control too. like if there are too many indis it could buy up goods, and if there was too many cashers it could put goods on the market...FOOD!

many people would benifit so many people should be interested in taking part.

i think it should be up to players to control the market.

If we had this cashers wouldnt have the advantage of jumping early and thus making INDY way too strong.

MAGGIO
07-12-2009, 00:30
Yes but the UN does provide food and emergency relief to countries...lol

Just sick of the food unbalance with so few players.

Devil
07-12-2009, 15:51
well any smaller nation could do a tech start observe the global overview of buildings and then could convert to what strat is needed. Would most likely be very benefitual to that nation.

Missionary
07-12-2009, 16:47
There is a fee to join the UN.

Its used to pay the bouncer and to provide anton's techno music. :p

surely the bouncer shouldnt let anton in? :S lol

there should definatly be 2 members of the nation being able to use the UN feature. but maybe you get a certain amount of members in the UN depending on the size of your nation?? i think that would be great. say:

2-5 members = 1 UN
6-12 members = 2 UN
13-25 members = 3 UN

or something like that. dont know if your trying to keep it even or not but in the real UN the bigger countries have more of a say and influence. dont see why it should be any differnt.....

*makes nation for next set*

MAGGIO
07-12-2009, 21:06
so smaller nations get less say? even though they are just as important as larger nations? neither smaller or larger nations should have an advantage IMO

My suggestion was to have a primary and secondary member incase the primary goes AFK. IE vacation, or other RL issues.

Im not suggesting it because of my own situation, because we are not letting dogma back in SLOB :P

Divine Intervention
07-15-2009, 23:16
League of Nations...