PDA

View Full Version : Presidential election

Mwahahahaha
01-25-2008, 19:58
Sure, I'm not american, so I might have missed something, but anyway:

If you were a democrat, wouldn't your most important goal be to make sure a democrat became the next president?

If so, why on earth is the primary objective to smudge the other democratic candidates to the greatest extent possible? Seems like the tactics they follow basically is to damage the other candidates so that they are completely unelactable hoping that themselves are the only democratic candidate that could possibly win a presidential election and thus become the democratic candidate for the presidency.

Considering the state of the economy and the Iraqi war, the democratic party has probably never experienced a situation with better odds than this, but they've certainly done the best to screw that up.

Insights to this rediculous situation?

Mr President
01-25-2008, 20:05
lol funny you wrote this.. i was just talking about the same thing this morning.
The battles with the democratic side almost seems like they are all in different parties and striving for the job..

Personally i'm sick to death of both sides. I'm sick to death of the media picking who they want and then thats all we here about and good candidates fall through the cracks.

I'm sick of having to chose the lessor of two evils. I'm sick of Bushes and
Clinton's being in office..

I'm sick of a lot of things i guess.. I preach and preach to my fellow American's in hopes that if enough people unite, change can happen!

pron
01-25-2008, 20:12
Generally speaking, a democrat will consider a crappy democrat to be better than a republican and vice versa. And most people realize that all the mud-slinging in politics is a load of crap. Most people...

Crimson Shadow
01-25-2008, 23:09
I'm sick of having to chose the lessor of two evils. I'm sick of Bushes and
Clinton's being in office..

Don't tell me you want Obama as president....

Satan666
01-26-2008, 04:18
Sure, I'm not american, so I might have missed something, but anyway:

If you were a democrat, wouldn't your most important goal be to make sure a democrat became the next president?

If so, why on earth is the primary objective to smudge the other democratic candidates to the greatest extent possible? Seems like the tactics they follow basically is to damage the other candidates so that they are completely unelactable hoping that themselves are the only democratic candidate that could possibly win a presidential election and thus become the democratic candidate for the presidency.

Considering the state of the economy and the Iraqi war, the democratic party has probably never experienced a situation with better odds than this, but they've certainly done the best to screw that up.

Insights to this rediculous situation?

well all i want in the aspect of the next president is I want someone that will fix this situation that we are in right now because of what Bush has done.

Xavior
01-27-2008, 01:18
What did you expect? This is politics.

If you have ever watched the Canadian house of commons Question Period, you will see that politicians are paid a rediculous amount of money just to throw insults at each other every day they work (which is very little considering all the holidays they get).

Back to topic: Go Obama? ;)

Bram Gotink
02-17-2008, 16:56
Belgian politics >>>>> American Politics

Even tho we haven't had a government between june 10,2007 and december 21,2007 :D

Go Clinton
dunno why, but Barack doens't sound like a peaceful kind of guy :D

Mwahahahaha
03-07-2008, 20:49
Well, if I had a vote, I'd vote for Clinton. Why? simply because she looks less fake than Obama. Obama is doing nothing but showing his expertice as being a part of the PPC (professional political class, in case the abbreviation I've picked up from my newsletters isn't generally known).

Either way, the democrats are really taking counter-productivity to a new level. With the unprecedented situation they were in earlier, I think either one will have to face a tough election. Nice way to f.... up something that normally would be a walk in the park.

Crimson Shadow
03-07-2008, 22:00
I don't like Obama simply because when he was in the IL senate, he did NOT vote on 189 different issues, because he didn't want to affect his political status. 189 times!!!!!!!!!!

I could see if it happened once or twice but if you are that big of a puss not to vote 189 times so your status isn't hurt then I don't think you are the right person for the presidential office.