PDA

View Full Version : Territory Map

Mr President
07-10-2009, 17:20
Starting Next set there will be a new change in the game in the way we create a nation.

In the past we created nations but never had any real showing for it other than the scores listing.. We had all this land, but yet nothing visual to show for it... That has now changed..

There is now a world map in the game. And when you make a nation, you will select a territory that you would like to build your nation on...

Here is what you will do.

Go to the create a nation screen. You will see a new box asking for you to enter a country location # and next to that will be a link that will take you to a map showing you all the territories with there representing number. Above the map it tells you which territories have already been selected.

Pick a number, enter it in the box and continue creating the nation as normal..

When the nation is created, that territory will now belong to you and your nation. In the nations scores page, below all the scores is another map. If you hover your mouse over a territory, it will show you some quick into. Like who the territory belongs too and there NetWorth.. (more may be added down the road). You are also able to click on it and it will take you to that nations stats page.

It's nothing major yet, but it's still pretty cool. I have lots of ideas that i will be using to expand this feature. Right now is just a start.. A couple of the ideas are, if you lose in a war by surrender or they kill every state, the attacking nation would have the option to fully occupy or take over that territory.. Which would put all of the losing states on the streets lol.. They would have to make a new nation.. Anyway, thats down the road and prolly won't happen on this server..

This new map feature along with the UN feature will be implemented next set. I wanted to get some info for both of them on here so you can read up about it so your not so confused at the start of next round..

I feel both of these will help the game in a lot of areas.. Mainly, NATIONS.. We need more of them. Along with more members... BADLY!!!!

The map gives us a global visual.. So it now makes it like we actually own some land that we are building our nation on.. A couple of ppl have checked it out already and both have said it's pretty cool..

I do need about 5 more testers.. I would like these 5 people to create nations and mess around with the UN feature and mess with the map feature. I don't need a killing spree.. I don't mind if you use turns and play some, but please don't go on a killing spree.. it does nothing for testing.. And it irritates me greatly.. and we all don't want that :)

If you are interested, please send me a PM.. i will pick 5 out of all the PM's i receive.

thanks

Mr President
07-10-2009, 17:22
also for those testing.. please remember that the map updates when the nation scores update.. I will make the cron run a little faster so it won't take and hour.. but i wanted you all to remember that so you didn't think it wasn't working.. lol

nosejam
07-10-2009, 18:05
I like the concept, and nifty graphics are always a good thing

MAGGIO
07-10-2009, 21:10
for testing may i make a suggestion. instead of just aking peole to thumb around and click on whatever, have them test specific features that you want taken a look at.

Like a list 1-10 things to do etc... this way its more focuses and you will get better feed back.

Tnova
07-10-2009, 23:02
I'm sure you've thought about this, but nations that have leaders with Premium accounts get auto made every set. Does this mean that the first time a person in this situation would have to select the nation and from then on out it would auto create on that territory?

Or will the premium benefit go away and it is a mad dash at the beginning of the set to steal nations names and territory?

Mr President
07-11-2009, 15:31
Well right not it is set to keep the same territory set after set for Prem members who are leaders...

I did think about making it so each set ALL nations have to pick a zone, but i felt that this would be a nice perk for prem members.. They can pick there zone one time and not have to worry about losing it..

If they don't want that zone anymore, then they would have to destroy the nation and then pick a new zone..