PDA

View Full Version : The Ashes

nosejam
07-12-2009, 13:46
Just finished the first test, nailbiting stuff, England holding on by the skin of their teeth for a draw and thw Welsh crowd erupt.

Hope the rest of the series is as exciting :drool:

Will
07-12-2009, 14:51
Just finished the first test, nailbiting stuff, England holding on by the skin of their teeth for a draw and thw Welsh crowd erupt.

Hope the rest of the series is as exciting :drool:

I hope it doesn't end like most of them (IE England being stomped:( )

Divine Intervention
07-13-2009, 09:05
no one cares about cricket. its a **** sport. roll on next season football! Arsenals title drought is gonna end 99.9% definite!

Will
07-17-2009, 12:57
no one cares about cricket. its a **** sport. roll on next season football! Arsenals title drought is gonna end 99.9% definite!

Football is full of Overrated, Overpaid whiny players like Ronaldo etc. Cricket owns.

nosejam
07-17-2009, 12:59
Football is full of Overrated, Overpaid whiny players like Ronaldo etc. Cricket owns.

I like them both which makes things easy for me as they rarely coincide with each other.

Aren't England doing well today though :p

Mhaphew
07-17-2009, 13:35

The only think I like about non-american football is to watch the players pretend to be in agony when they get hurt or kicked, and even sometimes pretend to be in agony when they didnt even get hurt or kicked...

nosejam
07-18-2009, 06:11
From Matt in Sheffield, TMS inbox: "This is a romantic poem for a man to a woman: Roses are red, Violets are blue, the Ashes are on, there's hoovering to do."

Divine Intervention
07-18-2009, 06:48
so whos winning the ashes atm?

nosejam
07-18-2009, 07:41
so whos winning the ashes atm?

England were lucky to hang onto a draw in the first test

This test England are on top, 200 odd runs ahead after the first two innings, could have made Australia follow-on but decided the pitch was too good for batting (that or the fact Flintoff isn't fit) and are now batting; today is day three.

Bram Gotink
07-18-2009, 07:48
no one cares about cricket. its a **** sport.
yay... Cricket is the most boring "sport" ever. Make that the second most boring sport ever, Football will always come first.

Football is full of Overrated, Overpaid whiny players like Ronaldo etc. [-]Cricket owns.[/-]
I concur, except (obviously) with the [-]part[/-]

Oh, and don't forget to watch la Tour de France !!! <--- filled with doping taking idiots, who apparently all have severe astma yet they succeed in riding a bike for more than 2 ft... :thumbdown: |--> don't forget the Belgian vedette, Tom Boonen, who has been caught with cocaine for the third time now... was banned from TdF, but sued and won xD

nosejam
07-20-2009, 05:37
England better not throw away this test, after all the good work done.

nosejam
07-20-2009, 07:45
Sorry for double post but England just won the second test to go 1-0 up in the series.

Don't leave us Freddie!!!

Bram Gotink
07-20-2009, 07:52
James, really, who cares?
It's cricket !!

Unless they start hitting each others with them bats, it ain't no fun.

nosejam
07-20-2009, 09:43
James, really, who cares?
It's cricket !!

Unless they start hitting each others with them bats, it ain't no fun.

The sellout crowd at Lord's cares, the Queen was there (not sure she was there today) and she was enjoying it; and most importantly to me, I care :p

Will
08-04-2009, 14:42
Third test is a draw. England still 1-0 up:)

nosejam
09-03-2009, 16:29
Oh by the way, we mutha trucking won!!

So if you meet any Australians, don't forget to mention it ;)