PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in Nation-Wars?

Mr President
07-18-2009, 11:07
Most of you have been around this game for a long time.. most of you play other online games like ours and most of you have some good ideas that a lot of times gets missed.. Some of you are new to our game and i'm sure you too play other online games.. What i would like to know is what would you like to see Nation-Wars have in it's game.. I want to know if you feel we need to get rid of something, include something new, polish up something old to make it better.. any idea you have that YOU feel would make our game better in anyway.. Post any idea you have.. If you don't like a policy, POST IT! If you don't like a feature we have, POST IT! If you play another game and they have something that everyone loves, POST IT!

I'm trying to get a feel for what everyone thinks.. I do ask that you make serious replies to this topic. Spam and stupid comments will be deleted. We have had 1 1/2yrs of screwing around and stupid comments.. it's time for some serious talk.

thanks

Kamran
07-18-2009, 11:23
Larger Networth? Anyone remeber those days:closedeyes:
Maybe larger amount of turns given out?

if person sees there state grow everyday they will like to play more, they are achiveing something rather then buy huge amount of units to see any growth.

just me

but the main task i tihnk is recriutment fro advertisement which should play a key role, mabybe can you select where you can advertise you ads. i know this game Evony. almost any site i go to they ahve there ads there.

maybe we advertise in the military forums/

can we use the forum as a recriutment tool?

MAGGIO
07-18-2009, 12:44
I would like to see more socialization..im not sure how to get it there, but in that one game he just mentioned i saw that people have profiles and they upload pics and there seem to be a lot of girls and guys and they voted on pics and stuff like that. I think that is a major draw when more members are here. Everyone is so addicted to facebook and myspace its sick...

I would like to see more things to do when you are out of turns...I have no turns, or waiting on the market, no one is posting on the forums and it just pisses me off...sometimes i sit on NW hitting the refresh button every 10-30 min to see if anyone even posted anything else.

I would like to see the chat bot front and center at the top of the forum, and also larger. I think more people use that chat box than anyother feature, but I have to scroll down tothe bottom and I always forget about it...and since the height is so small idk i just think it would be used more and more if it was more front and center on the forums, and its the laziest way to socialize and virtually effortless to use.

I would like to see more rewards and a clear direction of the game. What I mean by that is lets define the game a bit more...what are the goals? So many goals and so many directions leads to arguements because people want to do different achievments in game. Some like to war, some like to net, some net and dont even care if the get a good score. Some use turns wisely some just expand and build. Expand and build is the most boring thing EVER! Reward for finishing on top will increase the reason for playing for the top. I like the idea of INDIVIDUAL states being rewarded for wars, killing and LG.

I would like to see Expand be virtually worthless after 2-3k land. I think expanding and building leads down the road of bordom, which eventually leads down the road of less active and/or quitting. If you dont attack with LG you should get NO WEAR at all. Im not saying increase LG formula, I am suggest decreasing land by expanding. If you can drop it off at 2-3000 land do so, if you can drop it off at 100 land to make it easier then do so, but that will effect start ups and top ten scores of all time. I WANT YOU TO FORCE ME TO LG! That would make me play more seriously and care more about each turn and using them.

MAGGIO
07-18-2009, 12:50
I would like to see a video...im not sure how to accomplish that, but i have friends that do.

More graphics are needed...not sure were, but they are needed in co-existance with an enhanced layout. I think its more of a draw for new visitors to play a game that looks new not like a dusty old game from 2000....10 years might as well be a 100 years in this industry. I have all the series of AOE, from AOE, to II, to Mythology, and the new one as well...HUGE visual upgrades each time. If you dont have highspeed (sorry) and you have an antique PC (sorry), maybe you need to upgrade a bit. A $400.00 complete system is 100X faster than a machine that cost 2K just 5-7 years ago.

I would also point out that when designing the game consider that 70%+ users use IE, NOT firefox. Firefox has about a 15% market share now, and google and MAC are really reducing that as time goes on.

nosejam
07-18-2009, 13:02
I would like to see more socialization..im not sure how to get it there, but in that one game he just mentioned i saw that people have profiles and they upload pics and there seem to be a lot of girls and guys and they voted on pics and stuff like that. I think that is a major draw when more members are here. Everyone is so addicted to facebook and myspace its sick...

I would like to see more things to do when you are out of turns...I have no turns, or waiting on the market, no one is posting on the forums and it just pisses me off...sometimes i sit on NW hitting the refresh button every 10-30 min to see if anyone even posted anything else.

I would like to see the chat bot front and center at the top of the forum, and also larger. I think more people use that chat box than anyother feature, but I have to scroll down tothe bottom and I always forget about it...and since the height is so small idk i just think it would be used more and more if it was more front and center on the forums, and its the laziest way to socialize and virtually effortless to use.

I would like to see more rewards and a clear direction of the game. What I mean by that is lets define the game a bit more...what are the goals? So many goals and so many directions leads to arguements because people want to do different achievments in game. Some like to war, some like to net, some net and dont even care if the get a good score. Some use turns wisely some just expand and build. Expand and build is the most boring thing EVER! Reward for finishing on top will increase the reason for playing for the top. I like the idea of INDIVIDUAL states being rewarded for wars, killing and LG.

I would like to see Expand be virtually worthless after 2-3k land. I think expanding and building leads down the road of bordom, which eventually leads down the road of less active and/or quitting. If you dont attack with LG you should get NO WEAR at all. Im not saying increase LG formula, I am suggest decreasing land by expanding. If you can drop it off at 2-3000 land do so, if you can drop it off at 100 land to make it easier then do so, but that will effect start ups and top ten scores of all time. I WANT YOU TO FORCE ME TO LG! That would make me play more seriously and care more about each turn and using them.

Yeah I get bored when I don't have turns, I like seeing people post, even if I don't like them or what they've posted I like it. Good idea about moving the shout box, though I tend to look there more now due to all the other data that's shown down there.

Not sure about changing how much land is given, I like to expand and build to put more land into the game, and also farmers have a tough enough time as it is, this would make all farmers sell at 70 so they could get some money for units; coupled with the fact if everyone stopped expanding at 3k land there wouldn't be a whole lot to go round imo.

MAGGIO
07-18-2009, 13:31
Yeah I get bored when I don't have turns, I like seeing people post, even if I don't like them or what they've posted I like it. Good idea about moving the shout box, though I tend to look there more now due to all the other data that's shown down there.

Not sure about changing how much land is given, I like to expand and build to put more land into the game, and also farmers have a tough enough time as it is, this would make all farmers sell at 70 so they could get some money for units; coupled with the fact if everyone stopped expanding at 3k land there wouldn't be a whole lot to go round imo.

We all know more land = higher score. Less land to fight for may be the ticket. Keeping land you take with AR, and LG more often may be what we need. Protecting Land may lead to more conflict of doubles and triples.

The harder it is and the more you have to fight to get a better score the better imo. Literally fighting for the land sounds great to me.

Example: Our Globe only has so much land, why in this virtual land its limetless.

This is overboard, but if you could only expand up to 3000 land and you gained NO land after that by expanding it would set up a situation were there wouldnt be anymore than 3000 x the amount of players. So if there was only 100 players their could only be 300,000 land. Who ever can obtain the most land or territory would get the better score, and also the people with the most land divided by how well its protected would determine how much of a target they were.

I dont think its a terrible concept.

My main point is that expand and build leads to not caring. Not caring about your score, not caring how often you log in, not caring really about even playing the actual game. I think this leads to inactivity, bordom and eventual quitting. Some will last longer than others as their tolorence for bordom is greater.

I know that if a console game was that boring no one would play it after a few times, and it would sit ont he shelf and collect dust, and after it was reviewed no one would buy it, and ESPECIALLY none would tell their friends to buy it or play it.

I think we need to have people really having a good time so they can tell others how much fun, addiciting, exciting the game is. Word of Mouth is all we have and right now I dont have enough good things to say to even beg my co-workers to play.

Crimson Shadow
07-18-2009, 14:42
Reducing the land would make the game boring IMO. Lower land = lots of hits on crappy land. We would all be fighting for 50-75 land and we wouldn't have those 2-3k grabs that can really help out restarts.

Land is fine where its at, if you reduce expanding as you recommend, then you are essentially punishing those who don't have 2-3 hours to sit around waiting on grabs.

MAGGIO
07-18-2009, 15:08
you could always increase the min grab. idk

All I know is that you definatly should not be able to come close to a good score with out land grabbing. those who put in more effort should be greatly more rewarded for doing so which would include waiting for good grabs, and grabbing more often.

Also those who expand and build are less likely to log in more often, less likely to care about thier states, the game, the forums, the everything (eventually), and are at a higher risk of just not playing anymore, and certainly not playing as hard.

Kamran
07-18-2009, 15:19
you guys also need to relize that game isn't competetive enough for everyone.

there are those who can net and stay top from beginning and the others who stock alls et and try to get atleast a top 10, the ones in between ones no one really tends to care of( me ). you can get more people but can make them stay long enough or that they can become competetive with rest?

nosejam
07-18-2009, 15:37
you guys also need to relize that game isn't competetive enough for everyone.

there are those who can net and stay top from beginning and the others who stock alls et and try to get atleast a top 10, the ones in between ones no one really tends to care of( me ). you can get more people but can make them stay long enough or that they can become competetive with rest?

Personally I care more for the guys like you, I prefer playing with you. The ones who can get to the top and stay there often get God complexes and forget there is anyone but themselves playing this game. But without the middle guys this game would be nothing, I would rather play with 20 average people and have my nation finish 2nd than play with 10 "pros" inf whoring and have my nation finish 1st.

Kamran
07-18-2009, 15:41
Personally I care more for the guys like you, I prefer playing with you. The ones who can get to the top and stay there often get God complexes and forget there is anyone but themselves playing this game. But without the middle guys this game would be nothing, I would rather play with 20 average people and have my nation finish 2nd than play with 10 "pros" inf whoring and have my nation finish 1st.

i like playing with yuo aswell but my point is there aren't enough of those middle guys its either stock or net high. the ones in middle will either stay cuase of being loyal to game slowly lose the taste for the game.

i think the middles are mostly LOR/WLF type of players.

atleast thats whats left.

Devil
07-18-2009, 15:46
Maggio if you put a set limit say 300k land total in the game and people restart and all the land is taken up how will they restart? and back when had a decent player base there was no way you could expand and build and get top 20. If there werent any wars or anything you wouldn't even get top50.

However more community interaction would be great. I say bring back the spam forum. Let us just go on about random bs and have fun. A joke thread a 3 letter story thread just random fun stuff like that. I mean right now all i ever do is post in W&R and if LoR isnt warring i mayb post 3-5 times a month.

Also an idea from earth would be government types either for Nation or States. It would give more than just 2 ways to play a certain strat. Well one kinda because what used to be known as stocking is now dead.

Landdropping? why was that taken away?

Would also like a spy op that lowers readiness. Maybe about half the readiness. I just see too many top states running with 250k lv 1 spys last week in the set.

Make recovering from GA's harder. Lets face it you just had 25mil pop destroyed. use a couple of turns and millions are flocking to you. I'd say put a 50k pop increase per turn used or something.

Bigger NW: Bigger is better, right?

Mhaphew
07-18-2009, 16:03
More turns
ability to have more turns on hand
ability to have more turns stored
store more in the bank
if the market is dry for more than 4-10 hours why not have the server generate random units that go up for max price...
zero tolerance policy on the forums, no more flaming, no more whining, whining should be strictly limited to PM's
bring back land dropping
set a limit of 50k land per player
More random events
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
on and on and on..

Divine Intervention
07-18-2009, 17:48
Landdropping? why was that taken away?

Would also like a spy op that lowers readiness. Maybe about half the readiness. I just see too many top states running with 250k lv 1 spys last week in the set.

Make recovering from GA's harder. Lets face it you just had 25mil pop destroyed. use a couple of turns and millions are flocking to you. I'd say put a 50k pop increase per turn used or something.

land dropping was taken away because it made warring too devastating and fast i believe. personally i always viewed land dropping as suicide legitimized by the presence of war.

i really really like the GA idea. so true. sometimes a nations only chance to make an impact in a war is GA (for example netter heavy nations with infantry heavy states) and being able to get it all back in 1 turn sucks *** for them. so yeah i think thats a very good idea.

the spy idea is also quite good. i remember seeing some top3 states with like 60mill inf and 200k lvl1 spies.

i think the middles are mostly LOR/WLF type of players.

atleast thats whats left.

i think atm im the only long standing WLF player left playing :thinking: well me and Cape too. Dboz seems to have quit...hope he comes back :( is there anyone else im missing :(?

More turns
ability to have more turns on hand
ability to have more turns stored
store more in the bank
if the market is dry for more than 4-10 hours why not have the server generate random units that go up for max price...
zero tolerance policy on the forums, no more flaming, no more whining, whining should be strictly limited to PM's
bring back land dropping
set a limit of 50k land per player
More random events
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
on and on and on..

actually i think having less turns on hand and turns stored will make people more active. atm 400 turns = no need to login for nearly 3 days.
stocking is too strong/easy as it is. having a bigger bank will just make it even easier.
i think theres already a market bot which automatically sends goods to the market.
so what do indies do when they reach 50k? besides its usually only a very few that reach 50k each set...so what do they do? its a bit like saying: "yeah youre the best this set at grabbing so now were basically gonna stop you from playing so that others can catch up"
some more random events would be good..i remember suggesting them in Dev Section (which would also help prevent a certain way of feeding atm).

northbabylon
07-18-2009, 19:56
i would like to see...
more players!!! woo
but seriously..
I heard of that game evony about 4-5 days ago. Been playing it since, and it has now been mentioned on this forum about 5 times since. That game is doing something right.

MAGGIO
07-18-2009, 22:30
i think less max turns even if it was forcing log in every two days instead of three.

I like the ideal of limiting the top state/s from running away with the set. dont know if max land is the answer, but it could be the easiest way to code.

i dont like that you dont have to defend at the top against spies. spy readiness is very important imo especially if a restarting nation has a chance against the enemy

Bram Gotink
07-19-2009, 11:59
i know this game Evony.

I heard of that game evony about 4-5 days ago. Been playing it since, and it has now been mentioned on this forum about 5 times since. That game is doing something right.

Evony :) Server (not World) 12, Saxony, |3RA|`´|

And now on-topic:
more players, definetly... My brother likes this game called the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I think it sucks, w/e) So he looked some stuff up on their wiki. Every page had at least three ads for Evony.
That was on *.wikia.com, so I suspect that all free wikia-wikis have the same stuff: evony ads all over them.

Of course, there's only one small problem: ads cost RL money

MAGGIO
07-19-2009, 12:22
stupid reply, but reducing things that lead to bordom, and increasing things to do while waiting to use turns.

anything that would increase the frequency of log ins has to help.

I log in freaking dozens of times per day, and I dont even look at the game.

Shabaz K
07-19-2009, 14:42
Evony :) Server (not World) 12, Saxony, |3RA|`´|

And now on-topic:
more players, definetly... My brother likes this game called the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I think it sucks, w/e) So he looked some stuff up on their wiki. Every page had at least three ads for Evony.
That was on *.wikia.com, so I suspect that all free wikia-wikis have the same stuff: evony ads all over them.

Of course, there's only one small problem: ads cost RL money

evony ads are everywhere, they are doing a massive recriutment ads. when you have the money you can do it. i used to play it but qiut.

Shabaz K
07-19-2009, 21:32
well i too think the more net you gain per turn the better meaning you are improving. this should be implented.

BUT

i think where we do lack is and that is the community. all those sites that every has mentioned could see there forums full of people. Communtication lvl is there adn thast what we really need to focus on.

TBH the only time anyone gets on and has a good chat with loads of people at same time would be during a warchat and everyone who has been to can say its the only time these days to get togather.

thast what new people need a place where chats like warchats happen but without the war nonsense. showing the activness of the community. but latly GD in this game had nothing to discuss on, it has really become a spam place.

Also post counts do rock, i think get a spam forum adn intregrate the spam posts as post count.:D

Mhaphew
07-20-2009, 14:42
Look at all these other sites and what do they have that we dont?

Ready?

Graphics....

The people of the internet are very simple minded..

MAGGIO
07-20-2009, 15:26
I was thinking there should be a graphic for everyone action in the body of the site, so when you go to the scores sheet, there should at least be a button for enterview, attack, etc... and then when it sais attack have a graphic for that...

we can make them .gif so they dont take much of anything to load, and onceyou hav them cached your pc will load them and not bog down the server.

I have already submitted graphics for units, and maybe attacks...not sure.

Xavior
07-20-2009, 18:58
I doubt graphics are that big of a deal.

I think a better help/manual would be more appealing for players who are starting out. Something more organized and simple. Who wants to read an 5000 word essay on how to play the game? No offense Mr P :)

Bram Gotink
07-20-2009, 19:15

I think a better help/manual would be more appealing for players who are starting out. Something more organized and simple. Who wants to read an 5000 word essay on how to play the game? No offense Mr P :)

I'll work on something manual-ish
Gonna need help to write indy/techer/farmer startups and tips tho

Crimson Shadow
07-20-2009, 20:46

I started off rewriting it last year but got busy. So I just edited alot of typos and condensed it from 10 pages to 8. lol

Not P's fault as I was the one who worked on it, not him.

pcgluva
07-20-2009, 23:13
i had a graphics page in the works a while ago but it was too new hightech for users. i can do it again

MAGGIO
07-21-2009, 13:52
show me

pcgluva
07-21-2009, 16:05
thereonmyold comp im in the works right noww ill get one to you

kanman
07-22-2009, 15:56
I would like to see things that increase nation continuity. One easy thing would be nation forums that continue from round to round. Another thing could be keeping track of which nations have the highest net for 3 continuous rounds. If this record is seen as important, it could set up some interesting, intense battles for top spots in rounds where a record could be broken.

Also instead of a chatbox, would it possible to have a chatroom?

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 18:42
I would like to see things that increase nation continuity. One easy thing would be nation forums that continue from round to round. Another thing could be keeping track of which nations have the highest net for 3 continuous rounds. If this record is seen as important, it could set up some interesting, intense battles for top spots in rounds where a record could be broken.

Also instead of a chatbox, would it possible to have a chatroom?

I stongly feel that there should be a button that opens a new window for the chat box, and nation chat box. I think Nation Chat Box is under used. Its no better than MSN, but we always seem to fall to MSN.

Not sure how the three set score would get more activity.

Inner nation forum that was more like Vbulletin would be cool. That could be something that could be bought with credits.

Xavior
07-22-2009, 18:44
We should go back to mIRC. People can idle there for days.

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 18:52
maybe prem accounts should no longer be available for purchase, adn all things and more be able to be bought individually with credits. you wanna go in vaca mode, buy some vaca days. you wanna get bonus turns done for you all set, buy that feature each set. you want a private pw protected subsection of this forum then buy it with credits. everything based on credits not "cash".

Mhaphew
07-22-2009, 18:59
maybe prem accounts should no longer be available for purchase, adn all things and more be able to be bought individually with credits. you wanna go in vaca mode, buy some vaca days. you wanna get bonus turns done for you all set, buy that feature each set. you want a private pw protected subsection of this forum then buy it with credits. everything based on credits not "cash".

Bonus turns Idea is not a good Idea.. we use the bonuses to help up the reputation of NW, now why would we offer that to paying members only??

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 19:35
that is no different that what is happening now. Prem (paying) members dont have to click on them...

Crimson Shadow
07-22-2009, 20:42

So then you are basically making pres pay for the game out of pocket without any income if you have to purchase prems with credits.

Personally, I don't feel that credits should affect ingame things. Members who have been here since the beginning will be able to buy anything that pres implements, but new members who just sign up won't be able to receive the features that we do. I'm all for new ways of using credits, but I don't like the idea of handicapping new members.

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 20:43
Another thought is to somehow get players who are killed to make another state. I am not sure how you accomplish this, but as soon as a nation is wiped out like S for example this set, they dont come back and there was two week left.

Maybe the smaller nation gets stronger restarts, or just stronger restarts in general. maybe they start out with all lvl 8 units, or more turns, or 300 turns and 600 stored or something.

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 20:45
So then you are basically making pres pay for the game out of pocket without any income if you have to purchase prems with credits.

Personally, I don't feel that credits should affect ingame things. Members who have been here since the beginning will be able to buy anything that pres implements, but new members who just sign up won't be able to receive the features that we do. I'm all for new ways of using credits, but I don't like the idea of handicapping new members.

pres would be the only one to tell us what income comes from what. I have bought credits twice as many times as I have bought a prem...i mean you buy a annual and your done for hte year so in order to contribute more money i bought credits.

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 20:49
I havent seen an ad for a long time, but if they are not paying out as they should be then i would remove them in order to make the game look better in appearance.

Xavior
07-22-2009, 21:34
I have to disagree here. Credits should stay credits. They are only used for forum use. The Premium accounts should include ingame incentives, but should never affect gam play.

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 21:51
since im not understanding tell me what the big difference between buying a prem account and buying/earning credits are different. I would like to cherry pick the things I pay for not get an "all or nothing" list.

no one said anything about making the game unfair.

are talking about hte nation sub forum, cause If I want to buy a forum, and host it, there would be no difference except there is a link on here to it.

Xavior
07-22-2009, 22:04
How many people here have actually bought credits? Even if Mr P stops giving them out once in a while, we would have to get rid of the Bookie system entirely.

MAGGIO
07-22-2009, 22:20
ask him how many people buy credits I dont know, but what you are assuming is that no one does, or that more prems are bought, which you shouldnt assume.

why would vbookie have to be elimiated some bet some win some loose its your risk.

kanman
07-22-2009, 22:31
I stongly feel that there should be a button that opens a new window for the chat box, and nation chat box. I think Nation Chat Box is under used. Its no better than MSN, but we always seem to fall to MSN.

Not sure how the three set score would get more activity.

Inner nation forum that was more like Vbulletin would be cool. That could be something that could be bought with credits.

If scores over three sets counted, it is a longer time period where how you play matters. It would be some incentive to keep the same nations around longer and see how a group of players can do over a longer period. Also if you had 2 good rounds in a row, you would really want to get together as strong a nation as possible for that third round.

just a suggestion...

Crimson Shadow
07-22-2009, 22:37
If scores over three sets counted, it is a longer time period where how you play matters. It would be some incentive to keep the same nations around longer and see how a group of players can do over a longer period. Also if you had 2 good rounds in a row, you would really want to get together as strong a nation as possible for that third round.

just a suggestion...

Its also a bragging right, we were the best over a 3 set period...now try to dethrone us.

MAGGIO
07-23-2009, 00:17
instead of setting a time limit like 3, why not let it keep going...a longevity score so that more have a chance if they out last other nations that may have been larger.

say LOR goes on for 10 sets, but SLOB goes for 20, but slob has have the memebers so they still have a chance of out lasting lor and getting a larger all time score.

Mhaphew
07-23-2009, 13:26
instead of setting a time limit like 3, why not let it keep going...a longevity score so that more have a chance if they out last other nations that may have been larger.

say LOR goes on for 10 sets, but SLOB goes for 20, but slob has have the memebers so they still have a chance of out lasting lor and getting a larger all time score.

not gonna work. Falls back on an issue we discussed earlier where the states/nations have been around for a while hold all the records and thus new states nations will not have a chance at ever getting anything..

nosejam
07-23-2009, 13:46

Have both?

If someone can keep a nation going for a long time it should be recognised, and having the 3 set limit will give new nations something to aim for while the all time is out of reach.

Mhaphew
07-23-2009, 15:12
Have both?

If someone can keep a nation going for a long time it should be recognised, and having the 3 set limit will give new nations something to aim for while the all time is out of reach.

I don't think having a nation going for 10 sets is a big accomplishment..

nosejam
07-23-2009, 15:45
I don't think having a nation going for 10 sets is a big accomplishment..

If you've lead a nation for 10 sets I'll believe you...

But what about 40? or 50?

And there is no guarantee they'll top the all time scores, if one nation plays 30 sets with more members they could have a higher score.