PDA

View Full Version : feed Back Plz

Mr President
07-27-2009, 16:23
I like the idea of when you create a nation you chose a Govt which then gives you plus and neg to each.. Here is the catch.....

This would be implemented on the new server which means we only have a short time to come up with some suggestions and get it in the game in time for testing before opening day.. At this time i don't want to have to redo all the formula's (not enough time) so i'm trying to think of simple things to make this work for now and then after it's up we can work on upgrading and making new implements..

I'm thinking things like:

- adjusting time to market.
- Making certain techs available to certain govts.. Like Communism could only put tech in Indy strat, and maybe make Democracy where you can support any strat but have a longer goods to market time...

Perhaps one where you get a tech boost in a certain strat..

I really don't know, i haven't played enough games with Govt options to really know what would be good.. So this is why i'm asking you all.. Perhaps there are some simple things we can do right now to get it up and going and then add to it as we move fwd..

Ideas? Opinions?

Mhaphew
07-27-2009, 16:29
this will definately change the dynamics of the game...

Anyhow, how about one that allows us to send goods to market right away? Or how about an option that would allow us to run a "recruitment" turn, similiar to what cashers have, just for indys tho...

MAGGIO
07-27-2009, 17:07
what turned me off about alot of games when i was looking is that I wanted to dive in, and when you have to choose a gov, or race, with out knowing what impact it willhave on your game, it turned me off as a prosective new player.

I am only saying this because it effected my descition, but it may be different for other or most others.

having govs, and strats definately gives many different variables not only to have but to test.

Mhaphew
07-27-2009, 17:14
what turned me off about alot of games when i was looking is that I wanted to dive in, and when you have to choose a gov, or race, with out knowing what impact it willhave on your game, it turned me off as a prosective new player.

I am only saying this because it effected my descition, but it may be different for other or most others.

having govs, and strats definately gives many different variables not only to have but to test.

agreed..

Xavior
07-27-2009, 17:48
Changing any dynamic of the strategies or core gameplay will take time to balance them.

- Variable banksize
- Max tech %
- Max NA support %
- Longer or shorter time between tax changes

I wouldn't market them as governments, but bonuses.

Max Logan
07-27-2009, 17:57
careful with tech. you don`t want to unbalance the strats further

Nubs
07-27-2009, 18:13
i suggested this some years ago, and I still like the idea.

as for new players being able to dive right in, they still can. choosing a government would only affect individuals creating nations.

pron
07-27-2009, 19:25
Time it takes to declare war:

If totalitarian, then declare time would be shorter than in a democracy.

Also--I wouldn't make the bonuses innate for the states that join, but make it something that over time will help the nation. Xavior had the right idea: Instead of 155% for indy's, if it's communist, make the max tech 160% or something. Same for casher in democracy, or farming in Monarchy.
What we shouldn't do is have something where the democracy automatically gives a 10% cash bonus, because then people can create their own nations with no tax, and start cashing for mega-cash turns ^^.

Finally, less readiness loss in war attacks for the war governments. Since they control the media, there would be less opposition to war :)

Oh--and we should probably have negative things as well for each government. If you choose democracy, you might produce less military. Or if you choose communism, you might produce less money. etc etc.

northbabylon
07-27-2009, 20:10
Time it takes to declare war:

If totalitarian, then declare time would be shorter than in a democracy.

Also--I wouldn't make the bonuses innate for the states that join, but make it something that over time will help the nation. Xavior had the right idea: Instead of 155% for indy's, if it's communist, make the max tech 160% or something. Same for casher in democracy, or farming in Monarchy.
What we shouldn't do is have something where the democracy automatically gives a 10% cash bonus, because then people can create their own nations with no tax, and start cashing for mega-cash turns ^^.

Finally, less readiness loss in war attacks for the war governments. Since they control the media, there would be less opposition to war :)

Oh--and we should probably have negative things as well for each government. If you choose democracy, you might produce less military. Or if you choose communism, you might produce less money. etc etc.

someone been playing civilization?

MAGGIO
07-27-2009, 21:03
if gov affects tech, then whats the point? If your going indi then you choosing gov a., if your going cash then gov b?

if your going to do something then make is less intwined with strat.

Mr President
07-27-2009, 21:15
To start i was thinking a little less involved. I'm not talking about messing up the tech.. what i'm saying is, if you chose Govt A then when you go to the dev page, only the prosperity and residential areas show up for you to put science in.. If you go with Govt B then only the indy parts would show and not the others.. This way not all Govts could support all strats.. (medical would show up on all) This would make things easier to tell which nation is supporting what just by the D or C in the scores page.

I know it would be nothing huge, but it would be a start to something different. And again, these are just suggestions. it may come to us leaving it the way it is.. I just like the idea of Govts being involved in a "Nation Wars" game. :)

There would be one Govt that supports all strats if they want, but the price for chosing that Govt could be longer market times or less tax or smaller nations bank for stocking.. Again, just throwing simple ideas out there.. Anything that will change the tech code or all of that isn't an option right now.. I'm looking for simple things that we could introduce a Govt feature with and then build each set..

Devil
07-27-2009, 21:22
To start i was thinking a little less involved. I'm not talking about messing up the tech.. what i'm saying is, if you chose Govt A then when you go to the dev page, only the prosperity and residential areas show up for you to put science in.. If you go with Govt B then only the indy parts would show and not the others.. This way not all Govts could support all strats.. (medical would show up on all) This would make things easier to tell which nation is supporting what just by the D or C in the scores page.

I know it would be nothing huge, but it would be a start to something different. And again, these are just suggestions. it may come to us leaving it the way it is.. I just like the idea of Govts being involved in a "Nation Wars" game. :)

There would be one Govt that supports all strats if they want, but the price for chosing that Govt could be longer market times or less tax or smaller nations bank for stocking.. Again, just throwing simple ideas out there.. Anything that will change the tech code or all of that isn't an option right now.. I'm looking for simple things that we could introduce a Govt feature with and then build each set..

are you talking about nations being governments or individual states?

MAGGIO
07-27-2009, 21:24
may i suggest making up gov names since not everyone is going to want to be a "commi"?

K.I.S.S.

What about differense between warring and netting?

I am sorry, i hate to be negitive about this one...i just dont see (yet) the awsomness.

Mr President
07-27-2009, 21:48
are you talking about nations being governments or individual states?

Nations

may i suggest making up gov names since not everyone is going to want to be a "commi"?

K.I.S.S.

What about differense between warring and netting?

I am sorry, i hate to be negitive about this one...i just dont see (yet) the awsomness.

lol it's fine.. i don't want people to like an idea just cause i put it out there.. I post these ideas so the members can either take off with it and suggest more for it, or tear it apart and send me back to the drawing board lol.

Devil
07-27-2009, 22:10
Ok heres some general ideas.

Government 1: Income +5% , Unlimited bank, food consumption +5%

Government 2: 5% + military strength, -10% construction, +5% attack losses,

Government 3: +5 indy production, +5% farmer, +5% income, -5% military strength

Government 4: +5% indy production, higher unit upkeep, personal bank limited to 15 bil

Governement 5: Farmer +5%, Lower unit upkeep, -10% spy strength, double gdn and tdn cost

Government 6: Normal

MAGGIO
07-27-2009, 22:15
Ok heres some general ideas.

Government 2: 5% + military strength, -10% construction, +5% attack losses,

Government 3: +5 indy production, +5% farmer, +5% income, -5% military strength

Government 4: +5% indy production, higher unit upkeep, personal bank limited to 15 bil

Governement 5: Farmer +5%, Lower unit upkeep, goods take half time to reach market

Government 6: Normal

what 4023 turns per set, you would have to really do some math in order to figure out what 5% this and 5% that would calculate into advantages and disadvantages.

Crimson Shadow
07-27-2009, 22:32

Seems to play right into a stockers hand. Low military so consumption doesnt matter, higher income, unlimited bank.
Others seemed to be balanced, except #5 has 3 positives and no negatives.

I like them though :)

Devil
07-27-2009, 22:37
Seems to play right into a stockers hand. Low military so consumption doesnt matter, higher income, unlimited bank.
Others seemed to be balanced, except #5 has 3 positives and no negatives.

I like them though :)

and as of right now a stocker can't compete for a top3. Unless everyone else is warred.

#5 is fixed

but these are all just rough ideas that need to be tweaked

@ maggio we could always run a test server with differant %'s to see what would be most balanced

Xavior
07-28-2009, 01:05
Or since spies have the huge random, make it a bigger percentage. Or make it a variable percentage, +/- 20% or something like that.

MAGGIO
07-28-2009, 01:46
just code them in, give them names, and for now just make them deplict strat. that would be honestly very helpful at this point, and bide time to really crack down and debate pluses and minuses...

not only would minor changes effect our volitile community, but making adjustments will disrupt future top 10 scores for the new server...

pcgluva
07-28-2009, 10:51
i think we should not be worried abotu top 10 scores overall but per set, a fresh game with changes is what we need. NZ updates there server every set. i was thinking of some stuff like this

Nation A: (Cashier Favored)
- +10% income
- Max Bank Size Doubled
- BM price is +10% of PM max(decreased from +20%) / OR max PM Max the BM price so if pm is dry they can still buy from BM

Negatives
- +5% Food Consumption
- Banking Cost 1 turn to Deposit
- Upgrade prices +10%
- Goods Purchased From BM arive in 1 hour

Nation B (indy favored)
+10% Production
- A production button added
- Upgrades -10% of original Price

nEGS
+8% food consumption
Bank Size -25% (no turn to deposit)

Nation C (Farmer Favored)
+10% Food production
-5% food consumption
Bank Size +25%
+Farming Button for extra production

Negs
+ 10% time to ship to market
Banking Cost 1 turn

ALL NATIONS START AS NETTING
Becoming a war nation: if your going to FS you have to declare yourself as a warring nation and it takes 24 hours
+ Readyness use after declaration(not declaration of war but as a warring nation) drops by 1/2
+ Bonus's from Cash, Produce, or Farm is Revoked
+ Ability To Declare War

(if you are FS you can imediatly declare war back and keep your netting standerds but do not recieve the Readyness bonus or the abbility to declare war on other nations)

Returning to Netting:
If you are finished warring and wish to return to the Netting Bonus Provided Above then u must revoke your warring status this should take 6-12 hours somewhere in there

ONCE YOU DECLARE PEACE ON A NATION YOU CAN NOT WAR THEM AGAIN FOR X ammount of days depending on the new set length

Then Some new Techs:
Market Shipping: the more tech you put into it the less time it takes to ship goods
War Declaration: more tech means less time to become a war nation (max is 12 hours instead of 24)
Bank Size: Max 25% of current bank level so Indy can return to regular, farm and cash will have an additional 25% if researched

someothers that i have in mind but i will see how this is liked

MAGGIO
07-28-2009, 10:56
i like the tech ideas

Dogma
07-28-2009, 11:32
Reading all the suggestions, I think something should be able to be brought out of all this, but, it will take a lot of time and effort to come up with something workable. One thing I didn't notice is a government of neutrality, sort of a Switzerland of NW. If all the nation strats are to be looked at and tweaked, why not do something with neutrality. Maybe it would take a certain amount of tech in order to remain neutral and non warred. Just a thought.

Side Note*** See I am still here :P

Max Logan
07-28-2009, 12:18
it`s just a thought, but maybe Govt should NOT give strat bonus.

Mess with market times, banks, military, GB.
And if you do, make it a difference, not just slight increase or decrease. make it matter, or don`t make it at all

Divine Intervention
07-28-2009, 13:01

this. not to mention that every game seems to have these government options etc. i

so 10% bonus but no tech bonus because its a newly created nation with no tax hence no money to buy science? lol they can do that if they want :P

anyway personally i dont like this idea. it will make NW even more like all those other games. im up for change but id rather have things like new attacks etc.

not to mention that we wont have enough time to test this for new server...and many of the suggestions are very unbalanced. for example if theres going to be some government which is war based then to counter act for making something which is overpowered as it is (war) theyd need to have things like....much bigger upkeeps...MUCH bigger upkeeps and things like special random events eg "peoples revolt" or something...like a red turn...so yeah having the possibility of having a red turn as a random event (although under a diff name obvs and more frequent) - to represent peoples dissatisfaction with the rule and their attempts to protest. basically for a war based government their top players shouldnt be able to compete for top spots in a netting set unless they war.

anyway thats just my view.

Devil
07-28-2009, 19:10
ALL NATIONS START AS NETTING
Becoming a war nation: if your going to FS you have to declare yourself as a warring nation and it takes 24 hours
+ Readyness use after declaration(not declaration of war but as a warring nation) drops by 1/2
+ Bonus's from Cash, Produce, or Farm is Revoked
+ Ability To Declare War

(if you are FS you can imediatly declare war back and keep your netting standerds but do not recieve the Readyness bonus or the abbility to declare war on other nations)

Then Some new Techs:
Market Shipping: the more tech you put into it the less time it takes to ship goods
War Declaration: more tech means less time to become a war nation (max is 12 hours instead of 24)
Bank Size: Max 25% of current bank level so Indy can return to regular, farm and cash will have an additional 25% if researched

someothers that i have in mind but i will see how this is liked

Why would you make warring more damaging to the fs'er? Its already harder to compete with netters if you even war for a few days. So your doing all attacks instead of land gaining,building and casher and such. Taking bonuses away would be even more damaging when in reality a nation gearing for war would start producing more food , more money and more army.

New tech ideas seem good.

also i'd say change the AR/GA formula and make it a little more turn consuming to kill a state

Mhaphew
07-28-2009, 19:54
Make the sets shorter but do not cut back on the amount of turns you get. Get more players to visit the site more rather than those who only visit when they have 300 on hand and a few stored.

Like 15 days but you get turns every 5 minutes instead of 10, or 20 days and you get turns every 7.5 minutes instead of 10....

MAGGIO
07-28-2009, 20:06
gain land/units for war attacks.

pcgluva
07-29-2009, 00:26
devil how about a new type of refuel that combines the cash/pro/indy buttons and refuel button its only availible in war, call it regroup or something along that line

Max Logan
07-29-2009, 13:13
also i'd say change the AR/GA formula and make it a little more turn consuming to kill a state

no. benefits only large nations

Mhaphew
07-29-2009, 13:26
change the LG formula, give less land per hit. I am sick and tired of losing 2-3k land a ****ing day

pron
07-29-2009, 14:24
this. not to mention that every game seems to have these government options etc. i

so 10% bonus but no tech bonus because its a newly created nation with no tax hence no money to buy science? lol they can do that if they want :P

anyway personally i dont like this idea. it will make NW even more like all those other games. im up for change but id rather have things like new attacks etc.

not to mention that we wont have enough time to test this for new server...and many of the suggestions are very unbalanced. for example if theres going to be some government which is war based then to counter act for making something which is overpowered as it is (war) theyd need to have things like....much bigger upkeeps...MUCH bigger upkeeps and things like special random events eg "peoples revolt" or something...like a red turn...so yeah having the possibility of having a red turn as a random event (although under a diff name obvs and more frequent) - to represent peoples dissatisfaction with the rule and their attempts to protest. basically for a war based government their top players shouldnt be able to compete for top spots in a netting set unless they war.

anyway thats just my view.

On the same token, some people's groups like going to war--Vikings, Mongolians, etc. Perhaps we should add a random event where people get an increase in drafts (% based gain in INF based on number of Indy sites). Then, if we go to war, then both random events could happen. Maybe if a nation is FS'ed, then a % of their population converts to military :)

Xavior
07-29-2009, 18:22
I agree that something has to be done about GA. Easiest way to fix is to make pop gain a lot less per turn.

Max Logan
07-29-2009, 18:47
indy FTW? :thumbup:

Bright
07-29-2009, 20:48
GA is definitely nerfed relative to all other attacks- it should have a permanent effect/damage something permanently like AR. Perhaps 1CS every GA or it converts a small of buildings into free land (like the spy op). This would make it have some lasting effect even if the target got online. Plus ground warfare wrecks infrastructure up anyways.

I like the suggestion of different attacks, but we shouldn't do anything too complicated like gov't types with bonuses and tradeoffs just yet.

Divine Intervention
07-29-2009, 23:21
GA is definitely nerfed relative to all other attacks- it should have a permanent effect/damage something permanently like AR. Perhaps 1CS every GA or it converts a small of buildings into free land (like the spy op). This would make it have some lasting effect even if the target got online. Plus ground warfare wrecks infrastructure up anyways.

I like the suggestion of different attacks, but we shouldn't do anything too complicated like gov't types with bonuses and tradeoffs just yet.

yep i like that idea. maybe destroying buildings or something. but then again i think were having a new bomber attack or something which destroys buildings.

Bright
07-30-2009, 00:30
If that's the case, we'll have to figure something else out, but the bomber attack sounds *****in. 8D

Mhaphew
07-30-2009, 12:40
We need to get the tanks in the game some how...

How many people actually use tanks all the way to the end of the set?

(same with bombers)

MAGGIO
07-30-2009, 13:20
We need to get the tanks in the game some how...

How many people actually use tanks all the way to the end of the set?

(same with bombers)

two birds one stone...

inf only on a ga kills pop

tank only on a new attack called "GA2" kills pop, and destroys buildings, but not land. or somethign like that. so its more expensive to use, but it benifits if the target is not killed all the way.

Mhaphew
07-30-2009, 14:26
two birds one stone...

inf only on a ga kills pop

tank only on a new attack called "GA2" kills pop, and destroys buildings, but not land. or somethign like that. so its more expensive to use, but it benifits if the target is not killed all the way.

I like the way you think my friend...but what about the bombers?

Crimson Shadow
07-30-2009, 16:10
In the new server there will be a bomber only attack for wars.
I believe that will make them used more :p

MAGGIO
07-30-2009, 17:07
I like the way you think my friend...but what about the bombers?

I think there is a Bomb Run (BR) attack in the worx.

BeeNo
07-31-2009, 06:28
the main reason i haven't fooled around with tanks and bombers is no casher nation or farmers used them since so little are produced. no indy's use them because they simply won't sell. their odd like that. i hate saying it but when their were more players u could mess around with different units more since there were always nations using every unit.

BeeNo
07-31-2009, 09:18
alright mr. p! i put some thought into this, and i thought it would be cool to the government in each nation have an effect on how each nation is put together and how privileges ect. are distributed. you can fool around with %'s if you want or not use them at all but i will attempt to put some here. but here is my idea.

also a note i feel the nation chat box shouldn't be a privilege but available to everyone in the nation.

i broke the governments down into more broad categories, but this should represent most of them.

Monarchy: government by one individual
in this form of government the creator of the nation can distribute or revoke privileges as he/she see's fit.

this is the base government and will function normally as ours do now.

-grand duchy(i need a better name for this)(fuedalist state?)(someone with more knowlege of royal families and things of that nature could give me some input here)
you break your nation into various (ducheries?fiefs?) lead by dukes and duchesses, once chosen these states now have a voice in your government and can overturn a leaders decision to retal or war by a majority vote(leaders vote counts as 2, everyone elses counts as 1) and cause a civil war where states must choose sides or leave the nation(just an idea of a power). these states will have TEAO privileges, and can each select 2 states to exist beneath them (i suggest they are labelled in the nation for all to see). the duke/duchess will have the V privilege to see just the 2 states selected.

the creator/leader of the nation will have all privileges and be able to select 3 states instead of the regular 2 states of the dukes/duchesses. And will have the V privilege over all states in his/her nation.

their will be 2 separate Taxes 1 for the nation, 1 for each (fief). Each fief can then add an extra (5-10%) tech/NA to the states in their fief. since tech tends to be more difficult to increase some thought should be put into how much tech will be needed for additional benefits. each duke/duchess can declare war/retaliation from his/her fief.

?when you choose this category it would be nice if you could break the nation up into fiefs on the member states list. nations can now declare war on individual fiefs in this nation and it won't result in a war on the whole nation. if the creator/leader of the nation declares war the whole nation goes to war, but you still have to go threw war prep. regardless if another nation declares war on a fief in your nation you still have to wait until the nation leader or the duke/duchess of your fief declares war and goes threw preparations to recieve the 2 turns to attack instead of the 5.

changing war prep time to something around 3-6 hours might be something to consider as a draw back to this nation. or changing that for the war prep time for the game might help too.

Republic: government by the people
when u choose a republic you must choose between the following types.

-Parliamentary
your nation is now a republic in order to declare war you must have majority consent of the members of your members. states can vote on declaring war only after war preparations have started and you can only war if you recieve a majority vote from the states in your nation. also elections are now an on-going part of your nation. in this form of government you will have 5 separate posts. you can cast your vote for each post and change them at any time. so at any point of the set you can have a change in position if a state accumulates the majority of the votes for a position. i think a separate link for a republic for voting should be put in place.
Prime minster will have all privileges. TFEAOMV
FA Adviser FOV
Technology Adviser TV
Economics Adviser EV
Military Adviser FAV

All states in the nation will recieve the V privilege. +50% bank, market goods only take 2-4 hours to arrive on the market. +10% technology effectiveness, meaning every 10 pts on a particular tech would count for 11. thus 1,000,000 would = 1,100,000 tech in a republic.

in order to avoid people abusing the majority vote by kicking players we should make a 6-24 hour waiting rule to join a nation, maybe have it in effect when 1-2 days into the set or start when the set starts. this way you can kick inactives if you need to, but kicking and having players rejoin right away won't be an available option.

-Constitutional
Similar to the Parliamentary government except for the following changes. You now have elections once every 7 days where states will have 1 day to vote for each position in the government. instead of a prime minster you have a president. The president can declare war preparations and declare war without the approval of the nation, but he must receive majority consent after 24 hours of the war or peace is declared.

States will only have a 25% bank bonus, and the nation will receive only a 5% technology effectiveness.

a side note for this nation, if you don't vote during the election day your voice will not be heard and you won't be able to change who your nation elected for until the end of the next week.

I think working on positives and negatives for this form of government needs to be done yet, i'm not sure on the bank/market/tech advantages. and i think mr. p could have some good idea's to add for this government because his nation USA was run similarly.

Dictatorship: government controlled by military rule

The largest state in the nation has control of the nation, including all the privileges TFEAOMV. He can distribute privileges as he see's fit. +10% military dispatch. War prep time halved. Market goods take 6-8 hours to hit the market. (less readiness lost in each attack?) -need to rethink advantages and disadvantages.

((only the leader can control privileges, he cannot share them?) or maybe give him 1 adviser?)

Communist: Communism is based on the concept of shared effort and shared resources. Please note that no existent nation practices pure communism in the modern world.

The leader will have all privileges. He then Chooses 1 state for each of the following positions. once chosen they cannot be changed.
FA Adviser FOV
Technology Adviser TV
Economics Adviser EV
Military Adviser FAV

You can send resources to other states in your nation at (1%?) of your money/military/food. or you can donate 10% of ur money/military to the nation. maybe a drawback to have to support the weakest state in the nation. or remove the sending of goods to states and only allow you to donate to the nation.

Theocracy: government a body of divine rulers or by religious law

i'm at a loss of idea's at this point but i'd appreciate any input from anyone on this post.

anyways the details need to still be hammered out but you guys can see where i'm going with the make-up of nation.

Mr President
07-31-2009, 17:29
alright mr. p! i put some thought into this, and i thought it would be cool to the government in each nation have an effect on how each nation is put together and how privileges ect. are distributed. you can fool around with %'s if you want or not use them at all but i will attempt to put some here. but here is my idea.

also a note i feel the nation chat box shouldn't be a privilege but available to everyone in the nation.

i broke the governments down into more broad categories, but this should represent most of them.

Monarchy: government by one individual
in this form of government the creator of the nation can distribute or revoke privileges as he/she see's fit.

this is the base government and will function normally as ours do now.

-grand duchy(i need a better name for this)(fuedalist state?)(someone with more knowlege of royal families and things of that nature could give me some input here)
you break your nation into various (ducheries?fiefs?) lead by dukes and duchesses, once chosen these states now have a voice in your government and can overturn a leaders decision to retal or war by a majority vote(leaders vote counts as 2, everyone elses counts as 1) and cause a civil war where states must choose sides or leave the nation(just an idea of a power). these states will have TEAO privileges, and can each select 2 states to exist beneath them (i suggest they are labelled in the nation for all to see). the duke/duchess will have the V privilege to see just the 2 states selected.

the creator/leader of the nation will have all privileges and be able to select 3 states instead of the regular 2 states of the dukes/duchesses. And will have the V privilege over all states in his/her nation.

their will be 2 separate Taxes 1 for the nation, 1 for each (fief). Each fief can then add an extra (5-10%) tech/NA to the states in their fief. since tech tends to be more difficult to increase some thought should be put into how much tech will be needed for additional benefits. each duke/duchess can declare war/retaliation from his/her fief.

?when you choose this category it would be nice if you could break the nation up into fiefs on the member states list. nations can now declare war on individual fiefs in this nation and it won't result in a war on the whole nation. if the creator/leader of the nation declares war the whole nation goes to war, but you still have to go threw war prep. regardless if another nation declares war on a fief in your nation you still have to wait until the nation leader or the duke/duchess of your fief declares war and goes threw preparations to recieve the 2 turns to attack instead of the 5.

changing war prep time to something around 3-6 hours might be something to consider as a draw back to this nation. or changing that for the war prep time for the game might help too.

Republic: government by the people
when u choose a republic you must choose between the following types.

-Parliamentary
your nation is now a republic in order to declare war you must have majority consent of the members of your members. states can vote on declaring war only after war preparations have started and you can only war if you recieve a majority vote from the states in your nation. also elections are now an on-going part of your nation. in this form of government you will have 5 separate posts. you can cast your vote for each post and change them at any time. so at any point of the set you can have a change in position if a state accumulates the majority of the votes for a position. i think a separate link for a republic for voting should be put in place.
Prime minster will have all privileges. TFEAOMV
FA Adviser FOV
Technology Adviser TV
Economics Adviser EV
Military Adviser FAV

All states in the nation will recieve the V privilege. +50% bank, market goods only take 2-4 hours to arrive on the market. +10% technology effectiveness, meaning every 10 pts on a particular tech would count for 11. thus 1,000,000 would = 1,100,000 tech in a republic.

in order to avoid people abusing the majority vote by kicking players we should make a 6-24 hour waiting rule to join a nation, maybe have it in effect when 1-2 days into the set or start when the set starts. this way you can kick inactives if you need to, but kicking and having players rejoin right away won't be an available option.

-Constitutional
Similar to the Parliamentary government except for the following changes. You now have elections once every 7 days where states will have 1 day to vote for each position in the government. instead of a prime minster you have a president. The president can declare war preparations and declare war without the approval of the nation, but he must receive majority consent after 24 hours of the war or peace is declared.

States will only have a 25% bank bonus, and the nation will receive only a 5% technology effectiveness.

a side note for this nation, if you don't vote during the election day your voice will not be heard and you won't be able to change who your nation elected for until the end of the next week.

I think working on positives and negatives for this form of government needs to be done yet, i'm not sure on the bank/market/tech advantages. and i think mr. p could have some good idea's to add for this government because his nation USA was run similarly.

Dictatorship: government controlled by military rule

The largest state in the nation has control of the nation, including all the privileges TFEAOMV. He can distribute privileges as he see's fit. +10% military dispatch. War prep time halved. Market goods take 6-8 hours to hit the market. (less readiness lost in each attack?) -need to rethink advantages and disadvantages.

((only the leader can control privileges, he cannot share them?) or maybe give him 1 adviser?)

Communist: Communism is based on the concept of shared effort and shared resources. Please note that no existent nation practices pure communism in the modern world.

The leader will have all privileges. He then Chooses 1 state for each of the following positions. once chosen they cannot be changed.
FA Adviser FOV
Technology Adviser TV
Economics Adviser EV
Military Adviser FAV

You can send resources to other states in your nation at (1%?) of your money/military/food. or you can donate 10% of ur money/military to the nation. maybe a drawback to have to support the weakest state in the nation. or remove the sending of goods to states and only allow you to donate to the nation.

Theocracy: government a body of divine rulers or by religious law

i'm at a loss of idea's at this point but i'd appreciate any input from anyone on this post.

anyways the details need to still be hammered out but you guys can see where i'm going with the make-up of nation.

Wow you did put some thought into that... Interesting ideas..

Dogma
08-01-2009, 09:44
Is there any thought of a government take over by a hostile natioon? That could be another wrinkle you could add. Maybe if a Dictatorship were to be able to take control of a constitutional governemt, the nation's gov would then be changed as in a coup d' etat.

Mr President
08-01-2009, 11:18
lol.. holy crap you guys don't ever want me to see the outside world again do you? I would be inside working on this game 24hrs a day... :)

I don't think we would go as far as Govt takeovers, but i am thinking that down the road making it so when a nation kills everyone in another nation there is an "option" that would oust the leader of the defeated and the winning nation could replace him/her with one of there own...

Kinda like territory occupation..

Dogma
08-01-2009, 14:59
Aat least you know I am still doing my job :P

BeeNo
08-01-2009, 23:29
instead of overturning the vote for civil war i was rethinking, and i think it would be better to have it simply as an option for a fief to start a civil war to oust the leader and take over as the leader and he can then have 3 states under him and run the nation if he wins his war.