PDA

View Full Version : NWII Final is now open!

Mr President
02-01-2008, 01:52
After a long wait, NWII final is up and running as our main game on the main server. You can access it with www.nation-wars.com (http://www.nation-wars.com)

I have implemented some changes.

- reserve- You can now reserve up to 25% of each military unit. While in reserve you do not pay upkeep on the reserved units. But is also lowers your networth too. This feature works like the real life reserves. You call them up as you need them. We will start with 25% and then tweak up or lower as needed.

-food consumption has been lowered. We may need to raise it a little bit though. But lets run a set and then go from there.

-unit values- each unit now has it's own set value that works towards your networth.

- Larger networth totals

- Expenses have been lowered.

-strats have been adjusted some. this will take a few sets to get them to where we really want them to be.

Loss calc- the amount of units you lose during a battle has been lowered.

-Manual and manage state tabs have been put back into the regular menu listing.

- attacks now cost 5 turns instead of 2

- extra menu tabs are now in bright yellow so you can spot them easier.
and also have been moved to the left of the screen next to the reg menu.

- I do not have the global account setup finished yet. I'm still debating using them or not. So each set you need to put in all your information again. Not really a big deal.. Just a few questions.

- For the time being, you can have up to 2 states without being labeled a cheater.

- New security measure have been put in place to catch cheaters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

here are a few things i'm still working on.

- Notification of war being declared on you.

- When at war making it so attacks are only 2 turns instead of 5

- Changing the word "captured" to "destroyed" while making war attacks

- Overview permissions for leaders and selected members

-linking forum accounts to game accounts (will need global accounts if we do this)

- Bonus turns for clicking on certain ads.

- making prem accounts take out ads on game.

-adding more ads to game. :P

We still have some work to do on this game, but all in all it's coming along very well. I think we have a good game with lots of potential and i'm looking forward to making it even better.

For now, reg nation wars is gone. if down the road enough people really want it back, maybe we will make it so prem account members have access to it..

Hope you all enjoy this. There have been a ton of hours put into making this game enjoyable.

enjoy!

Hoebawt
02-01-2008, 03:47
WAT 5 atatcks during war...... OMG tahts horrible...... eh time to run two states.....

Hoebawt
02-01-2008, 03:49
Btw i just found a major bug.... try setting ur tax at 50 and adjusting ur unit production :) ..... hmm is this happening coz the round hasnt started?

Crimson Shadow
02-01-2008, 07:57
It's about time we get it set up lol

And I think the "real name" should be removed for sign-up....its not like any of us actually used our real name. Plus it could discourage people from playing who don't feel safe giving away that kind of information.

Mr President
02-01-2008, 09:55
Btw i just found a major bug.... try setting ur tax at 50 and adjusting ur unit production :) ..... hmm is this happening coz the round hasnt started?

When the db is locked nothing saves. Expand 200 turns and look for yourself. it acts like it works but nothing is saved! :p I have that posted on every page. "Round has not started yet, however you can still access game tabs but nothing saves"

It's about time we get it set up lol

And I think the "real name" should be removed for sign-up....its not like any of us actually used our real name. Plus it could discourage people from playing who don't feel safe giving away that kind of information.

You don't have to put in your real name. just remember what name you use
incase you want to delete..

Crimson Shadow
02-01-2008, 10:28
Yes we don't have to put in our real name...but new players who dont read the forums might not know that.

I would hate to see us lose potential members just because they feel insecure.

Hoebawt
02-01-2008, 11:49
good point crim

Crimson Shadow
02-01-2008, 12:25
Also...messaging should be allowed when the set is down.

I don't want to wait until a day into the set to get the pass for a nation.

pcgluva
02-01-2008, 12:49
we cant even create natiosn yet

BB
02-01-2008, 13:31

Round has not started yet. However you can still access menu items but nothing is saved.

Mr President
02-01-2008, 15:39
Also...messaging should be allowed when the set is down.

I don't want to wait until a day into the set to get the pass for a nation.

we cant even create natiosn yet

I know about both of these. And will work to see if i can get that changed so
it won't be an issue next set.

Mr President
02-01-2008, 19:41
Round # 1 is now open. I started it a few hours early.. guess the suspense was killing me lol..

Satan666
02-01-2008, 19:53
you mean no one else used their real names? god i feel embarrassed:blush:

Mr President
02-01-2008, 20:15
real names or not, it's all classified info. :thumbup: nobody but myself will ever see them, and to honest i have never ever looked to see lol..

*goes to look so i can laugh at satan*

k959
02-02-2008, 00:21
mr p i could tell u what satans name is... its not that hard to guess

Missionary
02-02-2008, 15:32
mr p i could tell u what satans name is... its not that hard to guess

bernadette? lol

i sorta put my real name ish. i have post come to my house saying vinnie instead of vincent lol.

neways, bout time the game is open. took ages testing things.

Crimson Shadow
02-02-2008, 16:26
I'd rather have it tested though...instead of having major bugs in the middle of the first set.

Bram Gotink
02-03-2008, 06:24
This is actually like one big beta-test
they just decided to call it a new game, and dropped the beta-thing.

owh, isn't beta spelled like this: "bèta"?

yeah, now we have the first price-question of NW :
Is beta spelled "bèta"?
The first one with the right answer will get exactly nothing. Nothing less, nothing more :D
unless, of course, you want to die. Such things can always be taken care off :D :P

Mr President
02-03-2008, 12:24
Overview option for members in your nation will be available starting next set.

Mr President
02-03-2008, 15:08
When you have new mail it now blinks and is bright red.. The way i had it before kinda blended in and was hard to notice.. Now you can't miss it! :dblthumbup: