PDA

View Full Version : My man Clinton does it again

MAGGIO
08-05-2009, 23:47
Former president Bill Clinton's central role in the return of two journalists detained by North Korea has once again cast a spotlight on his vast web of financial and political contacts, a network that troubled senators who weighed whether to confirm his wife as secretary of state.

In the case of the detainees, Clinton tapped wealthy business people to execute a mission that, without a special federal waiver for the aircraft to travel to North Korea, would have been illegal. A few weeks ago, one of his business contacts had the ear of Hillary Rodham Clinton in her role as secretary of state, an uncomfortable reminder of the former president's far-flung interests and associates.

The intersection of power and connections blurred the exact nature of Bill Clinton's trip to North Korea. He agreed to meet with leader Kim Jong Il two days after North Korea called his wife a "primary schoolgirl" because she had likened the country to an unruly child. The Obama administration took pains to distance itself from the mission, though officials conceded they had repeated contact with North Korean officials in the days leading up to the trip to confirm the journalists would be released if the former president traveled to Pyongyang.

Hillary Clinton, who was touring Africa while images of her husband meeting with Kim flashed on television sets around the world, felt compelled to address the conflicting messages when she spoke with NBC from Nairobi on Wednesday. "I want to be sure people don't confuse what Bill did, which was a private humanitarian mission to bring these young women home, with our policy, which continues to be one that gives choices to North Korea," she said. "Our policy remains the same."

MAGGIO
08-05-2009, 23:52
Reading up on him Bill may be the most successful former president in history...the Clinton Foundation has deep pockets and limitless roladex.

pcgluva
08-05-2009, 23:58
the clintons have a deep root into pollitics and while there is only 4 former presidents alive currently he was the best choice to go to korea

MAGGIO
08-06-2009, 00:20
Seems that Hilary had to stay out of it to uphold Obamas and the US policy on NK.

Also I saw Al Gore at the press conf, and wondered why apparently it was him company that the journolists were working for. I still do love Al Gore

pcgluva
08-06-2009, 00:24
yeahh he runs the media company they worked for so he came to represent the company on thier return, i actually watched it live i was waiting to go to work while watching the news

MAGGIO
08-06-2009, 00:34
Same here. Something about Clinton that draws you in. They said Bing paid almost 200K for the fuel and the only thing funded by tax dollars was the secret service agents...I bet there was quite a few.

Could you imagine? There is literally no were to run...took a lot of bullocks

Disorder
08-06-2009, 07:52
Your pretty good at talking to yourself Maggio.. :-)

And I must say, clinton did an outstanding job over there.

Bram Gotink
08-07-2009, 04:00
Your pretty good at talking to yourself Maggio.. :-).
lol

Yeah, he did a great job.. At least this proves that it is possible to get some level of cooperation from NK

Minimus
08-07-2009, 19:06
Chuck Norris would have gotten them out quicker.