PDA

View Full Version : Ragnar checking in!!

Ragnar
09-01-2009, 15:21
Fear not! I'm here! No need to shut da game down!!

I've been playing online text based games since 2006. One game I played just shut down and on the forum it has threads about other text based games to play, which is how I found this game.

This seem to be a nice community. No where except here have I posted a thread on a game forum and ended up with three PMs from players offering help!!

I joined right after the last round started and I think I'm geting it down pretty well for a total n00bie. Last round I ended ranking 48th, and right now I got...

http://www.vgchat.com/nation-wars.jpg

and I'm still figuring things out! After a few rounds, if I'm crashing and bombing, then I might contact a few of you pros!!

And before some one yells out 'BUY A TON OF MILITARY!! ALL THAT LAND WILL MAKE YOU A DEAD NATION!!' Yes, I already am!! :D

One little question, does GDN and TDN actually help? It looks like no one every joines those!!

nosejam
09-01-2009, 15:33
And before some one yells out 'BUY A TON OF MILITARY!! ALL THAT LAND WILL MAKE YOU A DEAD NATION!!' Yes, I already am!! :D

One little question, does GDN and TDN actually help? It looks like no one every joines those!!

G and T can be useful in certain instances, like if you're third/fourth and don't want to be grabbed by the top two guys. And maybe if stocking really really low GDN could work. TDN is also useful if you're worried about being suicided, see the top states in The Long Journey. But I'm probably not the best person to ask as I rarely use them lol.

Hope you enjoy your stay here most of us are friendly...

Ragnar
09-01-2009, 16:45
LOL!! It looks like a graveyard in that version!!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Mr President
09-01-2009, 20:26
Fear not! I'm here! No need to shut da game down!!

I've been playing online text based games since 2006. One game I played just shut down and on the forum it has threads about other text based games to play, which is how I found this game.

This seem to be a nice community. No where except here have I posted a thread on a game forum and ended up with three PMs from players offering help!!

I joined right after the last round started and I think I'm geting it down pretty well for a total n00bie. Last round I ended ranking 48th, and right now I got...

http://www.vgchat.com/nation-wars.jpg

and I'm still figuring things out! After a few rounds, if I'm crashing and bombing, then I might contact a few of you pros!!

Well we are glad to have you here. if you have friends from the other game you played feel free to invite them over to this game :) we love getting new players, which is why you got so many PM's letting you know help is just a click away lol..

We have a great community. We all have been around each other for a long time, even though this game is still very young.

Enjoy your stay and let us know if there is anything we can do.. Oh and feel free to offer advice on improvements or things you like or dislike. We love the feedback!

:)

oh and congrats on being 1st so soon in your NW career.. Wanna join USA? lmao!!

MAGGIO
09-01-2009, 22:10
and you picked a good nation too...thanks for joining, we wont let you sway to far out of control.

hey if he had a P in there it would be a full house.

Ragnar
09-02-2009, 14:40
if you have friends from the other game you played feel free to invite them over to this game

I posted a thread over on the forum, and some of them are showing up! (Posting about other games is allowed there!) I also posted my own version of the cash strategy there and I'm hoping to get enough of them over here to figure out how to play this round and then make a nation next round and crush the competition!!! :D

Mr President
09-02-2009, 19:08
I posted a thread over on the forum, and some of them are showing up! (Posting about other games is allowed there!) I also posted my own version of the cash strategy there and I'm hoping to get enough of them over here to figure out how to play this round and then make a nation next round and crush the competition!!! :D

lmao.. perfect! someone who wants to come in and kick @ss...

Missionary
09-03-2009, 10:21
G and T can be useful in certain instances, like if you're third/fourth and don't want to be grabbed by the top two guys. And maybe if stocking really really low GDN could work. TDN is also useful if you're worried about being suicided, see the top states in The Long Journey. But I'm probably not the best person to ask as I rarely use them lol.

Hope you enjoy your stay here most of us are friendly...

G+T is always useful nosey :):thumbup:

welsome to the game rag. could have picked a better nation though, hehe jokes :P

nosejam
09-03-2009, 10:23
G+T is always useful nosey :):thumbup:

welsome to the game rag. could have picked a better nation though, hehe jokes :P

It's not free though, got to weigh up if the juice is worth the squeeze, maybe getting grabbed by someone with 15k land is better than restricting the grabs to people who only have 5k land?

Bram Gotink
09-03-2009, 10:28
I agree, GDN and TDN is useful, but not always worth the money.

Dragonfly367
09-08-2009, 21:16
I have used it/them once.....didnt use it after that :p

Ragnar
09-09-2009, 00:51
I have used it/them once.....didnt use it after that :p

Yah, it didn't take very long for me to notice it doesn't help that much. It's much better to be able to attack players way lower than you for land. Heck, I'm geting land from players that have 1/8th my Networth! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

wel[c]ome to the game rag. could have picked a better nation though, hehe jokes :P

LOL! Last round I was in it and we ended in first place, plus they do da casher which is what I do.

Dragonfly367
09-09-2009, 03:50
ima catch you Ragnar ;)

:D

J1nx
09-20-2009, 04:29
i havnt seen any usefullness from GDN :glare:

Max Logan
09-20-2009, 15:36
If you stock, don`t use GDN. Or else you`ll be grabbed only by people 1/3 or 1/2 your land, which is gonna be a pain and no GB will save your sorry ***. Better leave yourself open for high people to grab you.

::LD::GrimReapr
09-25-2009, 17:58
Listen to Max he knows what hes talking about. WTF am I saying dont listen to max hes a newb and has been playing this game for years.::oops:

Hi Max I still love you.

Max Logan
09-26-2009, 12:34
:p

Esp when most people love to bottom feed :p

Ragnar
09-26-2009, 21:24
I think it's safe to say I got the game down pretty well for a n00bie!! I just spent my banked cash going from ranking 32 to 8, NW from $26.897.931 to $78.790.821. I won't be doing anything else this round! I'll starve to death if I do!!!!!!! Heck, this round I probably lost around 10 million in NW just from starving!!! I'll do casher next round, then I might try being a farmer so I don't have to worry about starving.