PDA

View Full Version : United Nations Discussion

MAGGIO
09-02-2009, 08:54
I guess this would be good to have a thread to discuss this feature.

I just voted on a topic, but the only vote you can choose is Yes, No, and Abstain. So that leads me to a suggestion. Maybe the UN can have a forum section (In-Game) like that nation's forum were things can be discussed.

Missionary
09-03-2009, 09:40
i dont think there should just be one position for each nation. i mean some nations have more than one leader. but yet who ever makes the nation is the only one to get to see all of these things. bit harsh on the other leader me thinks.

nosejam
09-03-2009, 09:42
If I made a nation next set I would have no idea whether to use the UN as I won't have seen anything that goes on inside it as I'm not the guy who made the nation- just reiterating Vinnie's point...

MAGGIO
09-03-2009, 09:56
I think there should be an option to actually officially make ONE other person in your nation the leader/coleader. not only for that, but for other reasons like sudden loss of internet...tragic RL situtions, death etc... If the leader cannot log on, then basically the nation is F'ed

BeeNo
09-09-2009, 13:41
how bout each leader can select the players he wants in his or her nation with access to the UN options for his nation. it could be another privilege.

Raul
09-09-2009, 16:38
I think there should be an option to actually officially make ONE other person in your nation the leader/coleader. not only for that, but for other reasons like sudden loss of internet...tragic RL situtions, death etc... If the leader cannot log on, then basically the nation is F'ed

this is a must be

Mr President
09-13-2009, 21:23
How the UN is now was simply a starting point. Having one other member representing a nation in the UN is fine with me, but before this can happen i have to make it so when a vote is cast, it counts for the nation.. That way both people from one nation and vote on an issue.

The voting needs to remain simple. that is why there are only 3 choices. You either agree, disagree or chose not to cast a vote..

There are many upgrades that the UN could have and will have. And we will do them a little at a time when the good suggestions come in. That way it keeps it fresh..

This set, i just basically wanted you all to see it and use it so the suggestions would start piling up :)

Overall, suggestions for other parts of the game are higher then they have been in a long time. I will try to do them as fast as i can, but it's just me and this set i just kinda wanna play without having to code anything :)

Overall i think the UN is a success. And i think it really changes the face of things in the game.

here are just a few ideas i have that will happen in time:

- Money that is spent to be a member of the UN will go to a UN bank.

- UN members will vote in a UN General who will oversea the entire UN.

- The voting process will become more sophisticated. (will go into further details later on)

- I would like to make it so things such as UN sanctions will be voted on by all UN members and where the UN would need 90% approval before sanctions can be placed against a nation. A UN sanction would be much steeper then National Sanctions.

- Money in the UN bank could be distributed to other UN nations in need with a majority vote from all UN members. The UN General would distribute these aid packages.

These are just a few ideas i have.. Total i have about 35 ideas for the UN lol.. I really love this new feature and i think in time, it will really be the cats @ss of features :)

The best thing about it is, nations do not have to join it if they don't want too. It's up to you... :)

nosejam
09-14-2009, 12:49
Is the ultimate plan to have more than one UN?

So there can be lots of nations under one banner and one under another. Start building up nations of nations, but this might require us to have a larger member base to work.

Dogma
09-14-2009, 13:32
I agrree with access to more than one member of each nation as many leaders have FA other than themselves. (ie: USA in the day). Plus I don't like not being able to see the section.

Bram Gotink
09-14-2009, 14:00
I think everyone should be able to see part of the UN section. I mean, in RL, journalists make sure we know the most important stuff. So, something like a UN News page should be visible for all (even memers of nations outside UN or nationless players), and probably more too. So, who starts a vote or a topic, should decide whether or not the vote/topic should be public. If it is, everyone can read it, if not, people without the right priv / that aren't leaders, can just see the title.
Make it more public. Make sure WE know what our great magnificent leaders are doing in there.

Ragnar
09-15-2009, 01:46
i just basically wanted you all to see it and use it so the suggestions would start piling up

Most of us can't even make suggestions...because most of us can't even see it.

*Guesses the UN page URL.* and then get's...

Only the leader of a nation can access the United Nation pages.

That's only 16 players that can make suggestions. No wounder there wasn't a single suggestion thread made about it...until this thread came along.

Can't see it...can't make suggestions!!

Maybe next round, let every one join for free again...and let every one in, with just the leader doing any voting and what ever else the rest of us shouldn't touch!!

er, some one wanna make a list of what's there, for the rest of us!!

Dezonus
09-15-2009, 06:58
Hmm...Do realise that If I do form MENACE next set, you are allowing a lunatic to vote...this could be interesting...

Mr President
09-15-2009, 21:02
Most of us can't even make suggestions...because most of us can't even see it.

*Guesses the UN page URL.* and then get's...

That's only 16 players that can make suggestions. No wounder there wasn't a single suggestion thread made about it...until this thread came along.

Can't see it...can't make suggestions!!

Maybe next round, let every one join for free again...and let every one in, with just the leader doing any voting and what ever else the rest of us shouldn't touch!!

er, some one wanna make a list of what's there, for the rest of us!!

Suggestions won't come in till it gets used more. Right now it's new and leaders are still forming an opinion.

The UN needs to remain a leaders club only type of thing. It will be made so another member can view it, but i'm not sure when i will have that done by. I'm really trying to take a set off and just play, cause it's been months since i have been able to do that.

We want the UN to in a way encourage members to make there own nations. If we let everyone in to see it, then why make more nations? granted i know you meant just so ppl could tour around it a bit, but the way it's coded, it would be hard to allow that to happen.

perhaps on the test server people who want to see it can make a nation and look around..

I have a lot to get done by next set and it seems i'm not moving very quickly :( So i'm not sure the UN will be changed by then. We'll see.

oh and yes i made it so it would say that if your not a nation leader.. I knew some would guess the url and try to view it :) lol.. i was right. lol

Ragnar
09-15-2009, 21:29
I knew some would guess the url and try to view it :) lol.. i was right. lol

It's actually *very* easy to guess!!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif It's the [u]nited [n]ations, there for just replace the space with [censored] and add a [edited]!! http://forums.nation-wars.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

We want the UN to in a way encourage members to make there own nations.

I'll be making a nation next round!

Last edited by Barack Obama (http://forums.nation-wars.com/posthistory.php?p=666); 09-11-2001 at 13:37. Reason: Bad Ragnar, bad! No free health care for you!