PDA

View Full Version : Bomber Run (BR)

MAGGIO
09-12-2009, 16:52
Can we get a definitive definition of the attack.

what defends, what is destroyed, what is teh max readiness etc...

Mr President
09-12-2009, 17:41
Bombing Run (BR)

When this attack is used it destroys a % of all the enemies buildings as well as lowers his/her readiness.

The max readiness loss is 60%. It will not drop below that.

bombers are a attack unit only. They will NOT defend against Bombing Runs.

Jets and SAM's do defend against a Bombing Run.

Below is the percent loss for buildings in the attack.

Residential- 0.01
Commercial-0.01
Industrial-0.02
Farms-0.02
Science-0.02
Construction Zones-0.005

Out of war attack will cost the attacker 25% readiness loss per turn
In war it will cost the attacker 20% readiness loss per turn.

Of course these vary depending on offensive to defensive amounts just like all the other attacks have.

FrogBu
09-14-2009, 04:14
I am sorry Mr. P., but that is a heck of a readiness loss for such an insignificant percentage of buildings killed.

.01? if someone had 10k buildings of commercial, only 100 gets destroyed by a single Bomber Run and there goes 20% readiness if in war and 25% if not in war? That seems a bit useless unless I am reading it wrong.

pron
09-14-2009, 12:53
You have percentage loss of readiness based on amount of troops you send as well. So, if you only send half your bombers, you wouldn't lose 20% of your readiness.

Bright
09-14-2009, 22:53
I like the new attack, may need to play with the numbers a wee bit, while its fair in terms of what defends it, the military strength numbers are highly skewed towards defense since you have two units with a high military strength ratio compared to bombers- then again, nevermind, its pretty balanced thinking about it since a state who invests heavily in AGM and jets would be open elsewhere.

Now to make something similar for tanks....

Mr President
09-14-2009, 22:57
Yes it will need tweaking.. On the test server we got it as close as we could to what we thought was right, but we knew once we got it in game and got it used, then we would need to tweak it more.. Which is fine. It's the way it should be.. We will keep tweaking it till it's as perfect as we can get it. :)