PDA

View Full Version : Missions

Mr President
10-04-2009, 14:09
I would like some feedback on the new missions feature.

thanks

pcgluva
10-04-2009, 14:41
works perfectly and actually very informative

Bram Gotink
10-04-2009, 15:12
works perfectly and actually very informative

Agreed. It gives enough information to start playing this game. Nice job, Mr.P

Dogma
10-04-2009, 15:28
One of your better ideas I think. PRops to ya Mr P :thumbup:

Max Logan
10-04-2009, 16:01
Love the invite :thumbup:

Mr President
10-04-2009, 18:48
One of your better ideas I think. PRops to ya Mr P :thumbup:

The idea actually came from one of our new members. I just added a bunch to it and made it happen. But the core idea was not mine.. :) credit goes to Ragnar :)

Ragnar
10-05-2009, 21:52
One *tiny* little bug. The quests.php page doesn't register new messages.

Message Center: In game Messages 1

Then when you go to the Missions page...

Message Center: In game Messages 0

Mr President
10-05-2009, 22:18
Fixed!

disturbia
11-04-2009, 10:50
Wow, finally you made this thing...i wrote you about that like at the beginning of may =)

Originally Posted by disturbia
i think we have two missions here how to get more players
1) how to attract new players to our site
2) how to make them stay with us

I think the second part is same important as first one.. and heres one thought how to help them get started..

i think it would be better for newbies to complete some tasks. so that they make account, then they can choose what strat they wanna be (recommended indy), first explaining little bit ofcourse, then they can begin playing like they do right now.. only difference is that they have possibility to take those tasks and if they are interested and they complete them, they get awarded.

and those missions would be easy at first and would explain at the same time how to do things if they dont know how.. so that sometimes to get it done, would be immediately, sometimes they have to wait several hours (for example while selling their good) or collecting asked army/money depending on what strat they choose.. later when they are still around, the tasks would get harder… but at first I think there should be lots of easy missions so that they would really look around the game and get to know it better..
the main point here is to give them some idea how things should be done..they don’t have to follow it, if they don’t want. No pushing..

and also I think there is needed to have some special statistic for them based on those points so they can see how great they are..this would obviously work only if there is more than few of them.. and maybe so that they can take those “missions” 3 sets for example.. and after those 3 sets they aren’t those newbies anymore.. the reason why I think 3 sets is good, is because I think it would be awesome if they get points when choosing different strat next set or something like that.. indy and casher, cos farmer might be too slow and boring (I have been farmer only once – 2 sets ago, and I still think it’s the most boring strat ever – cant grab, don’t have money, cant do anything at first)

I know its probably very hard to make something like this to work but just something to think about in the future =)

I don’t think nation wars is difficult game, but but the thing is..newer people need help to get started.. I have tried to find out many new games lately and often I have found myself in situation where I have no idea what to do..maybe our newbies have the same problems..they just don’t know how to get started..

Also I think getting awards make them greedy and they want to complete next tasks as soon as possible.. making them coming back and not to forget this game.. and after those tasks are finished they should already love this game and stay =)

vussu
11-04-2009, 20:32
:drool: disturbia, great to have you back! And those ideas are just perfect, i think that those things will improve beginners willpower to play the game!:thumbup:

BladeEWG
11-15-2009, 09:36
That was one of the things I noticed first..nice touch !