PDA

View Full Version : Next Round

Mr President
10-12-2009, 22:26
New public market page is completed and will be implemented next set. Looks better and you no longer need to click to get back to the PM page. It also will have state overview at the top like it use to have and instead of market summary, if your in a nation it shows your nations NA so you can see how many you have compared to your nation instead of having to click on NA tab.. If your not in a nation then nothing shows in that spot.

Also, nations will be able to appoint a UN ambassador. So now 2 from each nation can view it..

Plus, bombers will be implemented back into the AR attack.

I will fill you in on more changes for next round before the next round starts.

BeeNo
10-13-2009, 00:16
woot! i like all these changes!

L P
10-13-2009, 01:05
Plus, bombers will be implemented back into the AR attack.

You caved on that one, eh?

I think we need to hash out the unit attacks a bit and see if we can make some changes. If you want I can make a thread about it.

pron
10-13-2009, 01:39
You caved on that one, eh?

I think we need to hash out the unit attacks a bit and see if we can make some changes. If you want I can make a thread about it.

Bombers don't defend against anything, so they are pretty balanced in my opinion. But I haven't run the numbers ;)

Anyone with a ton of bombers will be open to lots of attacks, and a weak state defensively.

anglewing
10-13-2009, 01:56
Hmm...looks like next round is gonna be interesting, Im looking forward to the other changes...=]

L P
10-13-2009, 02:41
Bombers don't defend against anything, so they are pretty balanced in my opinion. But I haven't run the numbers ;)

Anyone with a ton of bombers will be open to lots of attacks, and a weak state defensively.

That wasn't where I was going. I'm leaning towards us coming up with a different idea of attacks. Such as Bombers lower readiness/destroy buildings and GAs take land. Amphibious Assaults combining Troops, Tanks and Ships in some sort of formula for Attack Strength. Maybe something like the ships have a capacity to carry an amount of Infantry and Tanks.

I also want to revisit an idea I had for spies to encourage upgrading by linking levels with the type of ops they can preform as well as maybe a new Terrorist unit that preforms destructive ops while spies preform intel/defensive things.

Essentially make the attacks more realistic to the real life units. I haven't really thought it all out yet and I'm not sure how complicated any changes would be.

L P
10-13-2009, 02:43
Mr. P,

When I type C A P A C I T Y it looks like this ==> capacity.

That seem odd to you? :D

anglewing
10-13-2009, 07:06
That wasn't where I was going. I'm leaning towards us coming up with a different idea of attacks. Such as Bombers lower readiness/destroy buildings and GAs take land. Amphibious Assaults combining Troops, Tanks and Ships in some sort of formula for Attack Strength. Maybe something like the ships have a capacity to carry an amount of Infantry and Tanks.

I also want to revisit an idea I had for spies to encourage upgrading by linking levels with the type of ops they can preform as well as maybe a new Terrorist unit that preforms destructive ops while spies preform intel/defensive things.

Essentially make the attacks more realistic to the real life units. I haven't really thought it all out yet and I'm not sure how complicated any changes would be.

Hmm...good idea, I have seen this in many other text-based games too. It could potentially be a very good change in the long run, however, some people may not like it and would prefer to stay with the current type. But if ever anyone decides to implement this, I think we should have a poll first to see if majority would like it to change or stay the way it is.

Mr President
10-13-2009, 10:40

adding new attacks in the game is compicated and time consuming. Not saying it can't be done cause well i would like to see more attacks in the game, but it takes time coding them and then even longer testng and tweaking.. We are still working out the bomber issues and tweaking.

And i wouldn't say i caved on the bombers. I honestly can't remember why they were removed from the AR attack. At first i thought it was cause it would make then too strong, but after looking back through all my notes i don't find any reason as to why i took them off. Only thing i can think of is i removed them and then forgot to add them back in. Hate saying that out loud as i'm not suppose to make mistakes lol.. jk

With bombers being back in the AR attack, they don't destroy buildings or readiness, they only help take land like the jets do. Only if you use the Bomb Run [BR] attack does it do that.

As for the spies, making it so certain levels can only do certain attacks is actually pretty easy to implement. We just need to decide what lvls would do what. Obvously lvl 8 would be able to do all attacks, but maybe make it special attack for lvl 12.. But is that fair seeing lvl 12 is a random?

The beauty of this game is there is still a TON of un tapped potential and lots of things we can add to it to keep it exciting.. Just need to take small steps and make sure everything we implement is working perfectly before we move to the next.. So once we have the Bomb Run [BR] ready to go then we will move to the next.

anglewing
10-13-2009, 10:58
Hey Mr.P how about this.
What if we made it such that every level unlocks a new type of attack, and the higher the level it is, the higher the chance for success? So it will be like the below.

Level 1: Unlocks Action 1 (30% success rate)
Unlocks Action 2 (30% success rate)
Unlocks Action 3 (30% success rate)

Level 2: Unlocks Action 4 (30% success rate)
Actions 1,2 and 3 now have 40 % chance of success.

Level 3: Unlocks Action 5 (30% success rate)
Actions 1,2 and 3 now have 50% chance of success, Action 4 has 40%

Level 4....And so on and so forth....

At the eighth or sixth or seventh level, whichever you choose, all the actions become unlocked.

Level 12: All actions now have 90% chance of success.

Of course, this wont be only factor accounting for whether you succeed or fail and so the other factors will be factored in as well. Anyone understand what I am saying?

Xavior
10-13-2009, 16:08
How would the number of attacking v. defending units factor into the success rate then?

anglewing
10-13-2009, 17:32
How would the number of attacking v. defending units factor into the success rate then?

I guess it would be something like 50% of your success rate + 50% of the current way successes are counted.

CommunistCapitalism
10-13-2009, 20:37
IUH::: YOU ALREADY GOT ME WITH THE NO BOMBERS AR :)
ah, oh well, you live you learn! ruined my experience with bombers tbh :P

L P
10-13-2009, 20:57
As for the spies, making it so certain levels can only do certain attacks is actually pretty easy to implement. We just need to decide what lvls would do what. Obvously lvl 8 would be able to do all attacks, but maybe make it special attack for lvl 12.. But is that fair seeing lvl 12 is a random?

I had suggested this awhile back and had it figured out for the most part. I'll search though the old posts and bump if its still there.

BTW, Level 12 "ROBO OPERATIVES"? Can we maybe come up with something a little more imaginative? Remote Viewers, Telekinetic Mutants Ya know, stuff like that.

Leave 'em random and just boost the abilities.

And I'd like to see Random Level 12s for every unit one day.

Disorder
10-13-2009, 23:37
Good Rep to Mr. P for the changes! :thumbup:

Missionary
10-14-2009, 07:45
As for the spies, making it so certain levels can only do certain attacks is actually pretty easy to implement. We just need to decide what lvls would do what. Obvously lvl 8 would be able to do all attacks, but maybe make it special attack for lvl 12.. But is that fair seeing lvl 12 is a random.

surely the extra net value and chance of winning/mill strength is bonus enough??

lv12 flying hampsters for jets FTW!!!lol
lv12 cyber maggios for inf aswel lmao.

CommunistCapitalism
10-14-2009, 14:26
I had suggested this awhile back and had it figured out for the most part. I'll search though the old posts and bump if its still there.

BTW, Level 12 "ROBO OPERATIVES"? Can we maybe come up with something a little more imaginative? Remote Viewers, Telekinetic Mutants Ya know, stuff like that.

Leave 'em random and just boost the abilities.

And I'd like to see Random Level 12s for every unit one day.

not only do the names u suggested suck even worse, "remote viewers" thats the stuipdest thing ive ever heard
and if anything u should make it so tanks and bombers could be level 12 so people might actually use them, but dont give people an added incentive to ***** infantry with level 12 inf

L P
10-14-2009, 20:57
not only do the names u suggested suck even worse, "remote viewers" thats the stuipdest thing ive ever heard
and if anything u should make it so tanks and bombers could be level 12 so people might actually use them, but dont give people an added incentive to ***** infantry with level 12 inf

You hurt my feelings! :crying:

MAGGIO
10-14-2009, 21:43
surely the extra net value and chance of winning/mill strength is bonus enough??

lv12 flying hampsters for jets FTW!!!lol
lv12 cyber maggios for inf aswel lmao.

here you go...

(you know i have files on here that are close to 15 years old)

MAGGIO
10-14-2009, 21:46
oh and here is an oldone for Mr. P.

doppy
10-15-2009, 21:58
lvl 12 Jedi masters
lvl 12 X-wings

lvl 12 GI Joes

I like MAGGIO's cyborg idea

MAGGIO
10-17-2009, 19:15
lvl 12 Jedi masters
lvl 12 X-wings

lvl 12 GI Joes

I would be honored to be the first player to have a unit named after him.

Max Logan
10-18-2009, 12:38
lvl 12 Jedi masters
lvl 12 X-wings

lvl 12 GI Joes

what about... no Star Wars fanboys!! :o

Divine Intervention
10-18-2009, 22:09
having lvl12s for everything would make things too unbalanced and could change the whole course of the set which is a bit unfair...for example someone fairly got into top1 and ran away from #2 but with #2 getting several lvl12s in e.g. inf/ships/agm he can out of no skill of his own take #1 spot...keep it only to spies and jets imo. its okay for them because ppl never have too many of them...and if they do theyre still vulnerable. someone who has lvl12 agm/ships is pretty much invincible. lvl12 bombers would be acceptable imo.

Shabaz K
10-18-2009, 23:28
as long as we dont see too many lvl 12s handed out i like it

star wars fro the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Mhaphew
10-19-2009, 14:43
how about you be able to buy these level 12's?

Say 50b a pop?

FrogBu
10-21-2009, 00:27
Yo, Mr. P., how about when you buy something on the market it refreshes the screen instead of 'Report: You have purchased 1 Food from the market, this had a total cost of $93.'

I don't feel that I need to be reminded on what I bought and then I have to go and click a link again. Kind of annoying from time to time

Mr President
10-21-2009, 10:14
Yo FrogBu, that change will be implemented next set as i too find it completely annoying :)

(along with the rest of the game lol)

FrogBu
10-21-2009, 13:38
Yo FrogBu, that change will be implemented next set as i too find it completely annoying :)

(along with the rest of the game lol)

Also, is there a way you could code in the "All State Scores" or "State Scores" web page, a click box for the event viewer beside the state instead of having it all the way up to the top? It could be useful as well.

Just a thought