PDA

View Full Version : Missions

FrogBu
11-01-2009, 23:26
Yo, Mr. P., the idea of missions are great... However, there aren't many people who have been playing for less then three months... So, I was wondering if you could award everyone with missions. I find it more useful for the masses then the what... 3 people who are 'new'?

-Z-
11-01-2009, 23:33
I miss Missions...

:blink:

Z

pcgluva
11-01-2009, 23:40
there is many more than you think and it is not made for use to spam it to get turns and such it is made for the new guys to learn the game so i disagree with making them for everyone

FrogBu
11-01-2009, 23:50
there is many more than you think and it is not made for use to spam it to get turns and such it is made for the new guys to learn the game so i disagree with making them for everyone

It's mainly to keep people interested in the game, which is 'more than you think'.

pcgluva
11-01-2009, 23:54
the implications of "missions" was done to help teach the new members how to begin playing

FrogBu
11-02-2009, 00:19
the implications of "missions" was done to help teach the new members how to begin playing

Yeah, and how many new people are there to this game? Read what I previously wrote.

pcgluva
11-02-2009, 00:23
and read what I, there are many newer member what are "unseen" because they do not know about the forums.. IE the mission making them make a post had a huge increase of members on our forums... and like i said missions should not be used to hoard turns for starting up from members who know how to play the game... Missions give rewards to newer players to help them start to learn the game and thats how it should stay.. it was the reason for implication if you want extra turns eather purchase a prem or do the voting with the bonus turns.. leave the missions for what they were implicated for

pcgluva
11-02-2009, 00:27
-Missions-

10 challenges for new members to work on which will help them learn there way around the game faster. .

FrogBu
11-02-2009, 15:24
See... I guess you don't see the big picture... As NW doesn't have that many 'new members' to really 'justify' the time Mr. P. put in for such a small quanity of members. Thusly, having Missions for everyone and not the few 'new members' is more rewarding for everyone versus less then 1/20th of the population. Get it now, or must I break it down even further?

FrogBu
11-02-2009, 15:27
and read what I, there are many newer member what are "unseen" because they do not know about the forums.. IE the mission making them make a post had a huge increase of members on our forums... and like i said missions should not be used to hoard turns for starting up from members who know how to play the game... Missions give rewards to newer players to help them start to learn the game and thats how it should stay.. it was the reason for implication if you want extra turns eather purchase a prem or do the voting with the bonus turns.. leave the missions for what they were implicated for

How can they NOT know about the forums, when the cgi script that is 'do=logout' redirects them TO the forums. Seriously, what kind of logic are you attempting to use?
This is the precise url for the logout script. http://forums.nation-wars.com/?do=logout&u=1080

That in itself shows that the forums ARE visible to them if they can't see it, then why the heck are they playing the game? I knew about the forums after 1 day of playing since this script has been around for most likely years now. What now?

northbabylon
11-02-2009, 15:55
why don't we add more missions for experienced players?
like maybe one saying'break 50k land' or 'Land grab a target for over 2k land' orsomething along those lines. 'Kill an enemy state with AR' and make little medals or acheivments for each mission.

pcgluva
11-02-2009, 15:59
yes but others tend to skip over the forums.. there are many who i have trained through the years that never once thought about making a post untill i showed them our comunity.. if you look at the influx of new post in secluding days after missions were introduced you would see a influx in post in the introduce yourself forums aslwell as some others.. un sorry FrogBu i normally dont fight publically about topics but i feel that unless there is a large consensous about changing this (which IMO i dont think you will) i feeelthat your fighting a loosing battle.. Missions were introduced to help new players start up the game, The community has never been big on handing extra turns to anybody yes this includes bonus turns.. but bonus turns are availible by voting on websites or just clicking the links in the bonus section... if you are reall lazy then buy a prem but Dont try to get turns/land/cash from missions which you are simple able to complete after 1 or 2 sets... i have been playing with this community for over 6 years now and i wondered why somethign along this line was never thought of... now that we have an auto train method along with the "guide tips" you feel that the missions should be open to all.. like stated in my last few post i highly disagree

Crimson Shadow
11-02-2009, 16:34
why don't we add more missions for experienced players?
like maybe one saying'break 50k land' or 'Land grab a target for over 2k land' orsomething along those lines. 'Kill an enemy state with AR' and make little medals or acheivments for each mission.

I would be fine with that, as long as those missions don't add any extra benefit to states ingame. Only the top 2-3 will break 50k land, so they don't need anything else to help them get even farther ahead. But an achievement would be cool.

lotusfox21
11-03-2009, 23:03
perhaps some of them, like me, prefer to lurk rather than actually post.