PDA

View Full Version : earth shutting down...

northbabylon
11-05-2009, 19:32
Lydias
Community Director

Earth - Announcement
ADVERTISEMENT:
Dear Earth Players,

It is with a collection of heavy hearts that we report that Earth: 2025 will soon be coming to an end. For some time now it has been a constant struggle to keep this game running on what is extremely old architecture, and the problems have just been getting exponentially worse. Sadly, it has finally reached the stage where the game has simply become impossible to maintain any further.

We will continue to maintain each server until the end of the respective rounds, but after that the servers will be shut down. The end of round dates are as follows:

Tournament- November 5th
Limited- December 9th
Council- December 9th
Primary- December 17th
Alliance- December 17th

It is truly regrettable that such an historic game must meet this fate, but there is no longer any other viable option. It's been a pleasure to be involved in this magnificent game and we wish you the best in your future gaming endeavours. We hope to one day return to this game with an entirely new version and you will hear from us when this happens.

-The Earth: 2025 Team

i think this would be a great time to try to recruit from earth and get them to come here..

L P
11-05-2009, 21:00
Yeah, maybe we could ask their site manager to extend a formal invitation to join us.

I left Earth2025 9 years ago because of a World of War(now N-W) banner add that was displayed while I was playing. I never really liked it there.

northbabylon
11-05-2009, 21:21
i played earth for about a year...it was fun fora bit...but NW is where it is at.

-Z-
11-06-2009, 00:01
We should get Mr P on this.

Devil said he would be willing to help out with some funding for Ads.

if we can get a direct link to our site on the earth site this would be good, we could proly get hundreds to at least check it out. Im sure dozens would stay.

This is an opportunity that needs to be taken, and there isnt alot of time.

Z

Hoebawt
11-06-2009, 00:11
Yea i agree.... we should def jump on this... I think this falls under maggios dept :P

pcgluva
11-06-2009, 00:15
we need to get on this asap

Xavior
11-06-2009, 00:24
Well since many of the original WoW guys were from Earth, I think it would be a great chance to really refresh this memberbase.

kitoy
11-06-2009, 00:46
earth shutting down...
i was like, OMG we're doomed.. :laugh:

anyways, i agree we should get those guys to play here..

northbabylon
11-06-2009, 00:47
we have about a month before the last set ends...so we really don't have a lot of times.

Shabaz K
11-06-2009, 08:01
yeah lets have our admins talk to their admins or just an to earth about with comparison of the games or even better if they let us recruit from there forums. haven't played earth in over about 4 years now.

btu seriously andy 2012 isn't that far away you could have used another title for it:laugh:

MAGGIO
11-06-2009, 08:05
this is mr p chance to talk to them owner to owner, and see if a deal can be made.

Mr President
11-06-2009, 09:50
Well this is a sad day. Earth has been around a long time and has maintained a decent member core. Even though they are the competition, it's still sad to see one of our own style games go under. From what i gather, they came to this decision cause the game is VERY outdated theme and style wise and nobody has the time or ambition to work on it. Running online games is a huge commitment and takes a ton of time. Anyway I am currently working on 2 other take over possibilities of other games. I will contact the owners of Earth and see what can be done.

Meanwhile i know many of you still play Earth, PLEASE PLEASE get the Nation-Wars word out to as many earth members as you can. See if you can get them to come over to our game. I mean after all Nation-Wars was designed around earth. :)

Does anyone have an idea on the active member count in Earth?

Devil
11-06-2009, 10:32
Does anyone have an idea on the active member count in Earth?

over 1k atleast. There are still a few clans in earth that are 100+ members. If some earth clans come over here fully prepare to get dominated by them only after a few sets. Earth'ers are more dedicated than most of us. Should spice up the game some.

pcgluva
11-06-2009, 10:48
it would be a good up for the game if whole clans were to move... andi havnt played earth in a few years but i think your about right with the 1k-2k range of members left

MAGGIO
11-06-2009, 13:22
careful for what we wish for i guess...lol

we better put a 25-30 member cap on nations right away....100man nation comes over here and we might as well join them...lol

Mr President
11-06-2009, 13:24
I have made a post in the Earth forums inviting the members to our game. It's always hard doing it that way cause these people don't want to hear about other games right now, they just want there game.. I'm sure you all remember how we felt when we got the news about WoW. We all had several invitations to other games and all we wanted was our WoW back.

This situation is a little different as a company owns this game. Both games were purchased, but all they really wanted was Utopia. Which is why Earth hasn't had any improvements in a while.. Or so i hear....

I will still speak with the owners, but i doubt anything will come of it.. So what we really need to do is do a HUGE push to the earth members. Those of you regular earth members (Devil, Calvin ect ect) Please send out as many messages about Nation-Wars as you can. Make as many posts in those forums as you can too.

If some earth clans come over here fully prepare to get dominated by them only after a few sets. Earth'ers are more dedicated than most of us. Should spice up the game some.

lol getting dominated is the least of my worries. I think it would be a huge asset to the game to have great competition and loyalty. Getting back to large nations and massive wars is totally fine by me lol.. I'm pretty sure the others will agree too. :)

Devil
11-06-2009, 14:09
I have made a post in the Earth forums inviting the members to our game. It's always hard doing it that way cause these people don't want to hear about other games right now, they just want there game.. I'm sure you all remember how we felt when we got the news about WoW. We all had several invitations to other games and all we wanted was our WoW back.

This situation is a little different as a company owns this game. Both games were purchased, but all they really wanted was Utopia. Which is why Earth hasn't had any improvements in a while.. Or so i hear....

I will still speak with the owners, but i doubt anything will come of it.. So what we really need to do is do a HUGE push to the earth members. Those of you regular earth members (Devil, Calvin ect ect) Please send out as many messages about Nation-Wars as you can. Make as many posts in those forums as you can too.

lol getting dominated is the least of my worries. I think it would be a huge asset to the game to have great competition and loyalty. Getting back to large nations and massive wars is totally fine by me lol.. I'm pretty sure the others will agree too. :)
I don't have that many contacts in earth. Calvin is alot more connected than I. I can talk to a few people i used to plan with though.

As for my other comment... your really underestimateing how serious some of these clans are. Imagine the BG'ers but a few nations of 50-60 of them or more ;)

Mhaphew
11-06-2009, 14:23
WoW, i havent played earth in like 5-6 years..

Mr President
11-06-2009, 14:57
I don't have that many contacts in earth. Calvin is alot more connected than I. I can talk to a few people i used to plan with though.

As for my other comment... your really underestimateing how serious some of these clans are. Imagine the BG'ers but a few nations of 50-60 of them or more ;)

I remember how serious they are.. And i still think it's very worth it..

BlitzKrieg
11-06-2009, 18:09
Yeah I havent played earth since I came here about 5 or 6 yrs ago now. It would be great to get alot of people over here from there. But like Devil said they do take it quite seriously, might have to step our game up around here some.

Mr President
11-06-2009, 18:30
I have yet to get any type of reply from anyone on my email i sent to earth's owners. I have seen several posts where a clone of Earth will be out next set, but i'm sure it will be like what we did when WoW went down.. About 99% short of what WoW was really like lol.. I'm sure they are getting tons of offers from people who are asking to buy the code, run the game ect ect.. so i'm not sure how far my email will go, but again we will see.

What we need to do is automatically assume nothing will happen from that email and take our own steps to get the members here. I have spent some time trying to get contact info from the top 50 or so players of earth and i will be using our new Invite system to send them a message. You don't have to have an email address, you can send them a invite using there MSN address too. I figure if we can get a % of the top people from there, then many of the others will follow there lead. I will continue to keep on doing this.

What i need from our members is pretty much the same thing. Try to send out invitation emails asking them to try our game. Many of Earth's members are very upset right now so some will join sooner then later.. Others might take a little longer as they hope Earth will somehow be back soon. If we all share a little of the workload, then more things will get done faster.

I will keep you posted if i hear anymore.. Till then lets recruit recruit recruit!

Shabaz K
11-06-2009, 21:28
get few poeple on there forum/message board, talk about the similiraties of this game with theres.

even better how we once had tons of earth players play here.:thumbup:

northbabylon
11-06-2009, 21:37
I have yet to get any type of reply from anyone on my email i sent to earth's owners. I have seen several posts where a clone of Earth will be out next set, but i'm sure it will be like what we did when WoW went down.. About 99% short of what WoW was really like lol.. I'm sure they are getting tons of offers from people who are asking to buy the code, run the game ect ect.. so i'm not sure how far my email will go, but again we will see.

What we need to do is automatically assume nothing will happen from that email and take our own steps to get the members here. I have spent some time trying to get contact info from the top 50 or so players of earth and i will be using our new Invite system to send them a message. You don't have to have an email address, you can send them a invite using there MSN address too. I figure if we can get a % of the top people from there, then many of the others will follow there lead. I will continue to keep on doing this.

What i need from our members is pretty much the same thing. Try to send out invitation emails asking them to try our game. Many of Earth's members are very upset right now so some will join sooner then later.. Others might take a little longer as they hope Earth will somehow be back soon. If we all share a little of the workload, then more things will get done faster.

I will keep you posted if i hear anymore.. Till then lets recruit recruit recruit!

i made a post in my clans forums...i had about 5-6 of them play with NS a few sets back. but the constant 'random wars' is what drove them away...in earth, most of the wars, that i have been in, are planned before the set before ends.

northbabylon
11-07-2009, 02:17
pres, you said that you posted in the forums there? perhaps a link so we can support your link.

Mr President
11-07-2009, 10:20
http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?p=14942452#post14942452