PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Trigger
11-09-2009, 17:13
Came across this game and I am checking it out. I am building the farm strategy...one question-I built some industrial zones but I'm thinking that is unncessary because I can buy everything I need? Also, how do I get the technology to improve my farm output?

Max Logan
11-09-2009, 17:31
Welcome!

You can destroy those Industrial Zones

To increase farm output, join a nation which supports Farming! They will have nation technology to boost Farming

Mr President
11-09-2009, 17:45
Welcome to Nation-Wars!

When trying to increase output it is best to join a nation who supports the certain strat you are running. Nations purchase the tech (science) needed to boost each of the states in the nation so they maximize output. Also, while in a nation you also receive 50% help from the National Army. Which means when you attack or get attacked 50% of the losses are from the National Army and not 100% from you.

You are able to purchase tech yourself from the markets, but it is always best to be in a nation.. Plus in a nation there are many others who would love to help you out till you understand everything in the game..

Good Luck and thanks for playing! :)

Trigger
11-09-2009, 17:59
Okays thanks for the help!

Disorder
11-09-2009, 18:31
Farmers are great.. Welcome!!! :thumbup:

Max Logan
11-09-2009, 18:39
Indies>Farmers!! :o

Disorder
11-09-2009, 18:43
Max Logan < Farmers

:sneaky:

Trigger
11-09-2009, 19:03
I haven't worked out any of the formulas, is there really one strat that's better than another? I would guess that indy would be a good start up in the beginning for NW, but seems as if the costs would catch up with you as your get moreand more military costs?

Max Logan
11-09-2009, 19:10
I haven't worked out any of the formulas, is there really one strat that's better than another? I would guess that indy would be a good start up in the beginning for NW, but seems as if the costs would catch up with you as your get moreand more military costs?

Indy is more suited if you already know the basics of the game. But casher is recommended for new players, as it`s the best way to get to know expenses, get a hand at landgrabbing and find the relevance of net/land ratio.

Indy takes time and planning, while casher takes lots of skills at grabbing to excel!

Trigger
11-09-2009, 19:17
Well it seems like no matter which strategy you play, its all about land. The more land you have the more potential $ and NW

BeeNo
11-09-2009, 19:28
yep its all about the land, and it is fairly balanced between strategies.

i should clarify technology does nothing for your individual state. but you can create/join a nation. when you do so you will have a tax rate, and everyone gives a portion of their production/sales to the tax. the nations can then buy technology to place on your different productions, and also use this money to build up a nation army.

Trigger
11-09-2009, 19:40
The nations army is that just used for self-defense or do nation members use the national army for attacking as well?

Disorder
11-09-2009, 19:47
The nations army is that just used for self-defense or do nation members use the national army for attacking as well?

If at full strenght, it will match your forces by 50% when attacking or being attacked.

Disorder
11-09-2009, 19:47

If at full strength, it will match your forces by 50% when attacking or being attacked.

Trigger
11-09-2009, 20:07
Gotcha.. so that means what one sees on an intel report and if they are in a nation, it could mean that you'd need to multiply the break by 1.5 in order to get the proper break amount.

When exploring for land, is it best to explore the maximum amount of turns you can (before exploration is haulted in some cases) that way you explore at the current explore per turn, or does that amount automatically lower during those X amount of turns that you explore? Or is the cost to build buildings increased significantly more than its worth and one is best to just explore as needed and build on that land as you explore for it?

Xavior
11-09-2009, 20:12
Gotcha.. so that means what one sees on an intel report and if they are in a nation, it could mean that you'd need to multiply the break by 1.5 in order to get the proper break amount.

When exploring for land, is it best to explore the maximum amount of turns you can (before exploration is haulted in some cases) that way you explore at the current explore per turn, or does that amount automatically lower during those X amount of turns that you explore? Or is the cost to build buildings increased significantly more than its worth and one is best to just explore as needed and build on that land as you explore for it?

If you are not currently in a nation, or your NA does not match your army, then you should definitely send up to 1.5x more army than the state you are attacking. However, if you playing in an established nation, you can simply assume you both have full NA support so just send a bit more army than theirs and it should do it.

I'm not 100% sure on the expanding, but I do think it gradually lowers. You can't expand any more until you have more than half your land built up, and when you have a lot of land expanding is not a great option, so the difference is negligible.

Trigger
11-09-2009, 20:23
Well I'm not sure how the Nation rankings go and don't know if they compete for top spot.. I wouldn't want to bring down anyones averages near the end of this round.

How long does each game last? It says this one has 18 days left, and networths are quite high--so I assume its pretty lengthy?

and thanks xavior :)

Dogma
11-09-2009, 20:58
It is a 27 day round. As far as expanding, you must have 50% of your land built, once you get a fair amount of land, it will stop giving you that notice as your expansion rate decreases rapidly as you gain land.

Dogma
11-09-2009, 20:59
Oh yeah, welcome to the game. AS you see, there are plenty of people who will help if you need it.

Shabaz K
11-09-2009, 21:24
hi Trigger, welcome to the game

if you are going farmer strat. then you can join my nation, we are proly the only farming nation that can support farm strat. and i will personally help you out

Devil
11-10-2009, 06:31

you must be from earth? considering the concept of batch exploring.

Mr. Pres would know but many people rarely explore unless its to regain readiness

nosejam
11-10-2009, 08:20
you must be from earth? considering the concept of batch exploring.

Mr. Pres would know but many people rarely explore unless its to regain readiness

Stockers expand as not a lot of states to choose between for bottom feeding, and lazy people expand as well :thumbup:

Devil
11-10-2009, 09:47
Stockers expand as not a lot of states to choose between for bottom feeding, and lazy people expand as well :thumbup:

a good stocker wont expand after 6k land. You can still grab more than you explore very easilly.

BeeNo
11-11-2009, 08:53

my opinion is your better off expanding and building 1 turn at a time if your going to expand and build. this is lengthy and time consuming, but it keeps your production %'s high. (production is based on what % your land is built towards 1 strat / your total land) so expanding until 50% if it is unbuilt hurts your production on each consecutive turn.