PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: All Members

Mr President
03-13-2008, 21:43
This is not how i wanted to inform all of you, but with this new bug with NWII i guess i have to fill you all in now.

Currently, there is a bug with NWII. It is adding huge amounts of military units to certain states. I thought it was fixed last set, but i was wrong. It has shown it's ugly face again and honestly, i'm not going to spend the time fixing it right now and here is why:

A few weeks ago Svenn sent me the WoW code for me to try and get working. There were some issues with the game and many hours have been spent trying to make it work. At first i thought it was going to take a few months to prepare, but we have made some huge progress on it and it is now working, but there are still some little things we need to fix, (links and stuff). The version i have was the last version we all played.

So this is where we are at right now. At this point, WoW would prob be up at max 2 weeks or less. (prolly less). So do i stop working on that and try to fix NWII? or spend the free time finishing up WoW? Honestly, i think the time would be better spent working on WoW.

There are still a few things i need to work out with Svenne. We will not be able to call it World-of-War, so the name of the game will be nation-wars. We have already made a name for Nation-Wars, and domains and all that have been paid, so there is no point in trying to come up with a new name.

Graphics and all that will also need to be changed, and then whatever else Svenn requests.

I do not have all the details at the moment so don't ask to many questions lol..

We have the forums to keep us busy and also a little down time might be a nice break. And also, it will give us time to get the word out and get people on here. By the end of this weekend i will have a much better idea on time frames, but like i said.. I'm thinking 2 weeks at the very most! But with not having another game to deal with, time will not be as scarce. Dirk and myself have been working on WoW every free minute we have had. we have stayed up very late trying to get it ready as fast as we could cause neither one of us can wait to play it again :-)

I really planned on waiting till the end of the set and making a casual post about having WoW, but this stupid bug has ruined the nice surprise..

thanks

northbabylon
03-13-2008, 21:46
YAY!!! hurry up pres. and i guess i can wait two weeks. To bad my midtersm were this week -_-

ooga booga
03-13-2008, 21:46
OH MY GOD IT'S BACK!!!! YESS!!!!! :D

pron
03-13-2008, 21:48
Take the time to work on WoW. It's got a GB code, good strats, and multiple other things that would take weeks/months to work on for NWII. That's my personal opinion.

Crimson Shadow
03-13-2008, 22:01
All I have to say is "HELL YES BRING BACK WOW"

BB
03-13-2008, 22:14
you know how hard its been keeping this secret lol ....

Pres has been working extremely hard on the code and hope everyone remembers to thank him for all the hrs he has spent getting things right with it.

Thank you pres for all the work :)

Hoebawt
03-13-2008, 22:15
Yea Bring it back

Mr President
03-13-2008, 22:21
you know how hard its been keeping this secret lol ....

Pres has been working extremely hard on the code and hope everyone remembers to thank him for all the hrs he has spent getting things right with it.

Thank you pres for all the work :)

Dirk has worked very hard on it too :)

BB
03-13-2008, 22:22
and Dirk sorry i don't see him so often I forget him :)

Thank you Dirk

northbabylon
03-13-2008, 22:23
enough with the thanks pres ****.

Thanks Dirk! you da man.

Appletanks
03-13-2008, 22:35
Sounds great! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

L P
03-13-2008, 22:35
I would like to be excited about this but my guess is that there is a few negatives we haven't heard about yet.

I'm also concerned about how much of a role Svenne has in our use of the WoW code.:glare:

ooga booga
03-13-2008, 22:44
I would like to be excited about this but my guess is that there is a few negatives we haven't heard about yet.

I'm also concerned about how much of a role Svenne has in our use of the WoW code.:glare:

Well if we already got the code I don't think Svenne would be involved. Even if he was I don't think it'd be a bad thing. I think this is all great news that a lot of people have been waiting a long time to hear. :)

northbabylon
03-13-2008, 22:46

the only bad news is that im not playing it yet.

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 22:50
do we get Chaos

Mr President
03-13-2008, 22:54

Svenne has had the biggest role in this. He is the one who gave me the code. So if he didn't do that then i wouldn't have been able to make that post..

Honestly, Svenne can have as much of a role in this as he chooses. This is and always will be HIS game. He made it and ran it for a long time. Granted it will have a new name, but we all must give him the due credit he deserves for being the creator of WoW.

ooga booga
03-13-2008, 23:16
I have a question, are we going to be able to have 2 states? If not we are going to have to do some serious old school recruiting... :P

Missionary
03-13-2008, 23:18
thisd should have been something he did in the 1st place. gave the game up to members who were active and he trusted to run the game on the day to day basis. there were plenty he could have done this to.

i say giving him credit for anything to do with what we have now is stupid. all we have now is credited to Mr.P and co and keeping the small amount of us together. althouggh credit to svenne for making the game, not the community.

BB
03-13-2008, 23:26
get busy recruiting lol

northbabylon
03-13-2008, 23:46
kinda hard to recruit with no game. =/

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 23:55
do we get to have Chaos back?

Missionary
03-14-2008, 00:15
nope, we dont want a game were i constantly pawn u ladies unless volz is playing lol

Mahdi
03-14-2008, 00:17
Vinny i kept up to you guys without feeding so how good does that really mean you are? and i could prolly get Vols back i talk to him and his son every now and then

Mr President
03-14-2008, 00:30
do we get to have Chaos back?

Prob not the first few sets. The main game will be Nation-Wars and then later down the road perhaps another server will open up.

Mahdi
03-14-2008, 00:33
aww shucks...
*Calls banker and tells him to hold off on the funds transfer*

longbowman
03-14-2008, 01:10
Alright glad to see it coming back.

kitoy
03-14-2008, 04:13
Thank you Mr P and Dirk.. :dblthumbup:

can't wait to play the game.

SkyCat
03-14-2008, 05:17
****:w00t:, cant wait ;=) :dblthumbup:

Crimson Shadow
03-14-2008, 06:27
So I guess this means I worked on the NW II manual for nothing then lol
Good thing it wasnt the best written thing then.

Take as much time as you need getting things set up....just the fact that we have the code makes it worth the wait. If you guys need help with anything let me know.

pcgluva
03-14-2008, 06:34
it doesnt matter if we have a game or not start recruiting my message just said wow is back with a link to the game and went to everyone on my msn list online and off line and sent it

Crimson Shadow
03-14-2008, 06:48
Yeah...if we wait until the first set has already started then we are already losing out on some members at the beginning of the set.

They don't have to come back now...but just get the message out that its going to be back in about 2 weeks or so.

youngwebsolutions
03-14-2008, 07:19
So I guess this means I worked on the NW II manual for nothing then lol
Good thing it wasnt the best written thing then.

Take as much time as you need getting things set up....just the fact that we have the code makes it worth the wait. If you guys need help with anything let me know.

you can work on the new Nation wars (III?!) manual.. ;)

youngwebsolutions
03-14-2008, 07:20
enough with the thanks pres ****.

Thanks Dirk! you da man.

thanx!!
:drink::drink::drink:

Akebavos
03-14-2008, 11:24
I'm glad WoW is back dont get me wrong, but whaaaaaa. I was doing the best I ever have this set. Yes I know all you stockers were going to jump up over me. But I also had a casher state that was stocking and I was going to transfer everything over to my indy set at the end. :( I finally got up there. Now I am forever forgotten :( and in 2nd place. No wait 3rd :sneaky: with all that cash and food and turns.

k959
03-14-2008, 13:10
i had just figured out the game mostly and now i have to relearn WoW again... err or figure out what strat i am going to play... and if i ever get in touch with devil im sure lor is going to be back because i dont want to run a nation thats to much work.... even more work when its lor...

Hoebawt
03-14-2008, 13:12
I'm glad WoW is back dont get me wrong, but whaaaaaa. I was doing the best I ever have this set. Yes I know all you stockers were going to jump up over me. But I also had a casher state that was stocking and I was going to transfer everything over to my indy set at the end. :( I finally got up there. Now I am forever forgotten :( and in 2nd place. No wait 3rd :sneaky: with all that cash and food and turns.

No u came in Second that top USA state is also bugged

El DuKay
03-14-2008, 13:24
gl with that :o

TheSecondComing
03-14-2008, 13:27
sucks that the NWII codes being a pain, but as i understood from it it has always been a crude unplesant code to work with.

Aside from that, if wow is back then i hope i can find the time to play, and maby help out with something if theres sometihng that crops up that i can actually do xD.

My Thanks to Mr.P and Dirk in advance for when they get the game up and running again

and i agree with k959 gonna be tough relearning wow.... i wasnt brilliant at it to begin with :P

Max Logan
03-14-2008, 13:45
Oh...so thats what happened...:unsure:

L P
03-14-2008, 14:41
gl with that :o

Great first post DuKay:dblthumbup:

BB
03-14-2008, 15:12
No u came in Second that top USA state is also bugged

how do you figure that????

Crimson Shadow
03-14-2008, 15:28
I like how all we say is we have the WoW code and then we have all these vets flocking back to the game :)

Crimson Shadow
03-14-2008, 15:31
you can work on the new Nation wars (III?!) manual.. ;)

I guess if I had to I could :P

Deus
03-14-2008, 18:01
I like how all we say is we have the WoW code and then we have all these vets flocking back to the game :)

Who says we ever left ;)

Mahdi
03-14-2008, 18:06
who says your a vet :P

Crimson Shadow
03-14-2008, 18:25
Who says we ever left ;)

Look at the numbers...before we had about 25-30 members visiting the forums a day; less than 24 hours after Mr P told us he had the code we are up to 50.

Deus
03-14-2008, 18:41
just because we dont log onto the forums doesnt mean we dont play.

And uh, likewise mahdi ;)

Akebavos
03-14-2008, 19:49
Mahdi's a n00b :)

Remember I did not say it. Deus did lol

Deus
03-14-2008, 19:52
i dont care ill say it lol

Mahdi is a nOob

kitoy
03-14-2008, 19:53
i had just figured out the game mostly and now i have to relearn WoW again... err or figure out what strat i am going to play... and if i ever get in touch with devil im sure lor is going to be back because i dont want to run a nation thats to much work.... even more work when its lor...

LoR will be back for sure..:D

Akebavos
03-14-2008, 19:56
I guess I will have to start up my Merc group that I wanted before WoW ended last time :)

Ake for hire :dblthumbup:

Calvin74
03-14-2008, 21:30
i dont care ill say it lol

Mahdi is a nOob

your all noobs:P

pcgluva
03-14-2008, 22:52

good ill have someone to pick on now for sure

pron
03-15-2008, 01:33

LOR never left--we merged with WLF, under Devil's guide...

Missionary
03-15-2008, 06:26
I guess I will have to start up my Merc group that I wanted before WoW ended last time :)

Ake for hire :dblthumbup:

when WoW is back, your cage comes with it :P

who says your a vet :P

i though that haha.

Akebavos
03-15-2008, 11:18
[QUOTE=Missionary;16322]when WoW is back, your cage comes with it :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will never go back, you can't take me alive copper.

Say hello to my little friend! :hammer2:

Xavior
03-15-2008, 17:17
Great, now i'll be able to sell food for more than $25 / bushel and get my lvl 8 bombers ;)

Mr President
03-15-2008, 22:19
Update:

Things were going well then there was a setback... Game won't be out till 3 months....

ok ok i'm kidding.. we did have a set back, but now things are moving along quickly and smoothly.. (*knocks on wood*)

The server company could have saved us a lot of time, but they won't do as we asked them too. So now all files have to be changed by hand.. no biggie, just will take a tad bit longer.. But i'm 95% sure that we will be under the 2 weeks suggested..

Once the minor changes are finished i will run some tests to make sure everything is smoooooooth and if so, GAME ON! :)

Missionary
03-16-2008, 01:11
whats there address? im sure they would cco-operate when i send ake round :P

Mahdi
03-16-2008, 01:18
why would you waste ake on a server company... hes better used at an orphanage or at a pet store... just feed him gun powder and send him to china to fight 5 year olds...

this post has been brought to my attention... and i just want to say ake is better used elsewhere a server company would be a waste of his talents send him to take over canada

Mr President
03-16-2008, 01:18
lol.. it's really not a big deal. it is a simple change. Just need to go to every file and change a couple of things.. But it goes pretty quickly.. yes it would have been easier, but like they said we take a huge risk of it messing up other files on the server.. So better to be safe then sorry..

But the game is up and once these few minor details are done then we will be all set.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some time this week... Once we are at the point i want to be at, i will pick 4 or 5 of you and let you test things out before we open it to everyone.

And above all this, i would like Svenne to go through it and make sure everything that he wants done is done..

But i'm heading to bed now.. been a long day.. g nite ppl!

nosejam
03-16-2008, 06:52
Thanks to Pres and Dirk, keep working hard, it'll be well worth it, pulling back the great players (and me).

Mr President
03-16-2008, 09:07
lol it will be nice seeing some of the old members back.. Would be nice to see some that played before me as well...

Anyway, i'm making a correction to my previous post. Instead of picking 3-4
members to test it, the game will open up to all Premium Account members first (they will be the testers)...

Appletanks
03-16-2008, 09:20
Ooooh. *buys premium account*

Mahdi
03-16-2008, 09:56
yay i knew being the first to buy a prem accout would have its benefits

Crimson Shadow
03-16-2008, 09:58
If only I had money....or at least a credit card :(

Missionary
03-16-2008, 10:16
why would you waste ake on a server company... hes better used at an orphanage or at a pet store... just feed him gun powder and send him to china to fight 5 year olds

5 year olds? that requires another 2 years training for him to handle that sort of pressure lol.

*donates 1 month to crimson* :P

Nat22
03-16-2008, 10:17
I'm guessing all mods will be able to test too Crimson. Mr P correct me if I'm wrong but would make sense seeing as you all sort of "work" for the game.

Mahdi
03-16-2008, 10:23
i think hes trying to give the incentive to buy a premium account... no offense to all the mods or Mr. P but if he gives the priviledge of testing it to the mods as well that kinda defeats the uniqueness of giving it to the prem holders... I mean yea you help with the community but the prem holders the help to keep the game goin... without us Mr. P would be alot farther behind then he already is

BB
03-16-2008, 12:19
I may be wrong but i believe alot of the mods have prem accounts. Just cause their name don't show the same color as you doesn't mean they don't...

BB
03-16-2008, 12:24
not to mention the mod staff here has put in alot of work for this game and the forums.. We value thier opinions and allowing them to work with the test server does help us give a little back to them for all the work they assist us with.

Mahdi
03-16-2008, 13:08
BB what i meant is i think hes allowing the prem holders to test it because right now there really is no reason to have a premium account other then to help the game out financially... and yes i know a lot of the mods hold prem accounts

Mr President
03-16-2008, 14:07
I didn't post that so people would go buy a prem right now.. (although thanks to those who did) :dblthumbup:

I really aim it at those who bought a prem account when we really didn't have a game at all. They stuck with us and helped support things and then when NWII came out, more support came in cause it wasn't that bad of a game.

So as a thanks to Premium Account members, i think it's only fair they have first tests at the new game.

I'm not looking to turn this into a battle. I just thought it would be a nice way to kinda pay the prem holders back a little. You all must remember that the whole testing period will only be a few days. It's not like it's going to be weeks or months.

Now an update about the game. I'm happy to report the game is running and so far running smoothly. No major errors or bugs yet :dblthumbup: and i have been playing it for the past couple of hours. Just so you know, my state is in first place and the nation USA is also in 1st place lol...

Spoke with Svenne earlier and there are a couple small things that still need to be changed.. but right now i'm thinking 1-2 days then the testers will have access then we will give them a couple of days and if all goes well, the game will be up by the weekend.....

k959
03-16-2008, 14:21
sweet thx for workin so hard to get that code working in a week... and for allowing perm members to test it... i knew thier was a reason to why i bought mine

Hoebawt
03-16-2008, 14:46
WOOT WOOT To wow... i hope aliens visit my state again :)

Mahdi
03-16-2008, 15:12
watches millions of immigrants run towards Hoebawts state... so thats what they meant...

and for everyones sake and for p.c. immigrants can be anyone

Akebavos
03-16-2008, 15:16

If its your state then they already have :) j/k

Congratz on getting things up and running Mr. P and Dirk and who ever else helped.

To Mahdi and Vince: I am loose and running amuck, no more cages for me. When WoW comes then I am for hire. And those 5 year olds are already toast (took them out after ready the posts), and canada would be wrong, because then who would I make fun of (except the French of course) lol

To Mr. P: Can we have the stock trader back all my credits were in there and I have none for anything else :(

Crimson Shadow
03-16-2008, 16:15
no offense to all the mods or Mr. P but if he gives the priviledge of testing it to the mods as well that kinda defeats the uniqueness of giving it to the prem holders... I mean yea you help with the community but the prem holders the help to keep the game goin... without us Mr. P would be alot farther behind then he already is

I think it should be ONLY prem accounts to test the game.

I don't feel as though I, or any other mod, should get special member privs without paying just because we are mods. I mean really I don't do too much extra since everyone has been behaving lately.

Hoebawt
03-16-2008, 17:58
I think Dev group Members should be hte only ones...... and maybe Perms

northbabylon
03-16-2008, 18:50
as long as i get to play then idc. :dblthumbup:

BB
03-16-2008, 19:22
I think Dev group Members should be hte only ones...... and maybe Perms

That I strongly disagree with

Hoebawt
03-16-2008, 19:33
Why is that?

ooga booga
03-16-2008, 19:43
Why is that?

Because you're the one that said it. ;) But seriously stop arguing like 2nd graders. Mr. P said Prems get to test if for 2 days (I have faith that you can survive 2 freakin days if you don't have a prem) so that's that. He's not looking for your suggestion on who should test it he's telling us who will be able to. If you're so uptight about it buy a prem account. :p

BB
03-16-2008, 19:48
Why is that?

No ooga its not cause he said it........ I just don't feel there anything special the way he is trying to make it out...

Cemetary
03-16-2008, 19:52
luckily i have both bases covered so i can test it... if only i hadnt wasted my first 20 bucks towards the game on jsut a standard donation and instead bought like 3 years prem...

Hoebawt
03-16-2008, 19:57
How The hell was i mkign it sound like its anything special? First off i have a Perm and im on the dev group so which ever he picks im gonna be testing it... but my point of why i think the dev group should test it is coz wats the point of having a DEVELOPMENT GROUP if we are not gonna be allowed to do testing and further develop the game we are gonna be playing.....

BB i know u and i dont get along but god dammit grow up and put ur hatred towards me aside... im trying to state a valid point of view

idk how u made my statement seem like im saying its special....

i didnt say anythign but state my point......

BB
03-16-2008, 20:07
How The hell was i mkign it sound like its anything special? First off i have a Perm and im on the dev group so which ever he picks im gonna be testing it... but my point of why i think the dev group should test it is coz wats the point of having a DEVELOPMENT GROUP if we are not gonna be allowed to do testing and further develop the game we are gonna be playing.....

BB i know u and i dont get along but god dammit grow up and put ur hatred towards me aside... im trying to state a valid point of view

i didnt say anythign but state my point......

Hoe you need to chill out... Having a tantrum on the forums because someone does not agree with you doesn't help your case any..

I do not agree that just dev members should test the game.. I feel your trying to make yourself as a dev member out to be something that sadly isn't the case. This is how I feel and I have my right to that. You post your feelings and others are allowed as well rather you agree with them or not... You don't see me going on a cuss out spree just because I do not agree with you... I stated simply that I do not agree you asked why I stated why. It was that simple. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean you need to have a tantrum..

Hoebawt
03-16-2008, 20:20
I just dont see where "I think Dev group Members should be hte only ones...... and maybe Perm" implies that the dev group, perms or myself are made to be anyting special....

You made an assumption that makes no sense to me.....

and im not complaining about ur opinion we all are entitled to one...all i did was ask you why u disagreed.... and its not that i dont like ur reason bb i just dotn see any logic behind it..... ur reason was coz U think i Think being a dev group is something special..... how is that a logical way to make a decision or opinion on anything... Thats why i asked u why....coz it simply just makes 0 sense to me

BB
03-16-2008, 20:23
Just the comment in general made it look to me like you think that dev team is special over anyone else... That comes from the well maybe the prem......

Hoebawt
03-16-2008, 20:26
Well thats not how i implied it..... I support my statement coz i think the Development team.... you know the group that was selected by Mr p and others to test new things and come up wit ideas for the game... should have the first crack at testing it.. and i said maybe perms coz they ither bought or earned a perm at some point and its a privilege that would be nice for them.... Stop assuming wat my post mean and read them for wat they are

L P
03-16-2008, 20:40
I like turtles!

Hoebawt
03-16-2008, 21:22
thats a great vid tons of laughs

Cemetary
03-16-2008, 22:32
jesus i think MR. P needs to buy some d0uches to clean the forums of all the uncool people posting

Cemetary
03-16-2008, 23:45
maggio, your editing ruined the whole post... couldnt u have put in like "snatch" or something?

Firestorm7
03-16-2008, 23:57
Zeon will rise again.... and I have talked to Mech..... DOOM is planning to return

northbabylon
03-17-2008, 12:27
Bram|| Ashen-Shugar [Jötun][LOL] says:
Can you vote in my place?
Andy (USA) says:
yea
Andy (USA) says:
lol
vote : GET WOW BACK ON NOW !

ooga booga
03-17-2008, 12:28
Awesome, I always liked DOOM. :) Glad to see you guys are back!

Bram Gotink
03-17-2008, 13:05
Can you vote in my place?
Andy (USA) says:
yea
Andy (USA) says:
lol
vote : GET WOW BACK ON NOW !

thx for posting that,
bug is fixed now anyways

Raul
03-18-2008, 02:57
So when can we start signing in???

Missionary
03-18-2008, 05:44

im sure you will get visitors from your home planet :P

Devil
03-18-2008, 06:05
so is this the now crap Old wow?

if so i may have to think about comming back :)

Deus
03-18-2008, 06:16

i didnt say anythign but state my point......\

I have to say. I fully support hoebies idea. It makes sense that Dev. Group be the ones to test it. That way they get first dibs on starting game development. If the development group doesnt take part in said activities, it would seem rather odd to me. A deveopment group, that doesnt develop the game after seeing how it works.. It does make sense.

Crimson Shadow
03-18-2008, 06:25
So when can we start signing in???

Once it gets tested by the Prem members then it will be open for everyone else to play.
So probably about a week or so would be my guess.

Yes it is WoW :dblthumbup:

pron
03-18-2008, 09:14

You'd better get your scrawny Air-Force *** back in the saddle:P

P.S.--hit me up on MSN sometime. There is much to discuss

Mr President
03-18-2008, 12:21
The game is ready for testing.. i will be sending out PM's within the next hour to the testers.. I will also make a post on here explaining what i need you to look for and do..

More info to follow.....

Mr President
03-18-2008, 12:22

crap old WoW? lol..

yes it is the same code but with a new name

So are we going to see the crap old LoR back? lol

Hoebawt
03-18-2008, 12:26
hmmmmm testing :)

MellonColly
03-18-2008, 13:01
ooo lala :)

scordes11
03-18-2008, 13:03
am msging lots of ppl.. see if we can get some old nations/players back.

Mr President
03-18-2008, 13:33
Ok PM invites have been sent out and instructions of what i need from you are in it.

One thing i did forget to mention is, before you go and play the game, you MUST go into usercp and select the prem membership group. If you don't it won't let you in.

Those of you who already have the silver name do not need to worry about it. But some others who have different jobs in the forums (like mods) need to select prem membership before playing.. I know it's kind of a pain in the butt to have to keep switching back and forth, but it's only during testing.. Once the game is up for good you won't have to change anymore..

The testing will run for 4 days. Round will start TOMORROW. Later on today like around 4pm est, you will be able to create a state.. I'm just finishing up a couple of things right now and then i will reset the game and open it up to you.. So check back later tonight.

During this testing, play the game like normal. but please let me know anytime you see any the name World of War. And also of course you will be looking for any bugs.. Make all posts in the help/bugs section of these forums.. Please do not MSN me with a list of things as i don't really have the time to go over everything with each one of you :D Not trying to blow you off, but i have been very busy and there is still a lot of changes we have to make so we can get it open to everyone soon after the testing is over.

Also, one more thing.. This is just a test for bugs and WoW stuff.. Please just keep it to that. Don't point out things that we should do, or changes we should make ect ect.. they will be deleted... Please understand that i have been working non stop for many months now on these games and i'm looking forward to a break lol.. And honestly, WoW didn't and doesn't need a lot of changes made to it. It's a good game as it is.. But i'm sure down the road we can add some things to it. But i'm looking forward to just sitting back and playing it and not have to work on making changes each set.. (except for bugs, as i will always fix them when/if the happen)

northbabylon
03-18-2008, 13:40
finally. thanks pres! i think you should just sit out this testing period. you need the rest. Ill take care of USA for the first set for USA as well. You just get the sleep an older gent needs.

Mr President
03-18-2008, 15:13
Ok game is up ready for the testers... you can now make your states!

just a couple of things though.. The bonuses are not done. Having a little issue with them. Prem acct members "should" still get them though.. it's when we open it for everyone is where we will have the issue.. but hopefully i will have it fixed by then..

We are working on loading the chatbox we use in the forums on the game, but that isn't 100% completed yet.. but should be soon. So until then, go to preferences and turn it off, then you won't have a huge white box at the top anymore.. (black & yellow, blue themes)

You can also turn the guide mode off in preferences as well..

Enjoy!

Mr President
03-19-2008, 09:38
Testers:

Please let me know how many turns you started out with. I started with 300 and i assumed everyone else did as well..... If not then i need to go searching why.. :closedeyes:

ooga booga
03-19-2008, 10:27
I started with 200, I believe Andy did as well and probably the same goes for everyone else. :)

Guy77
03-19-2008, 10:45
i guess i should pay attention

yay wow!

=)

k959
03-19-2008, 10:48
i also started with 200

northbabylon
03-19-2008, 10:59
i started at 200

norris started at 200

BB

HOE

snoopy

cemetary

the list goes on and on.

i think pres is trying to cover up his cheating ways. he can't win a 4 day set without 100 more turns then everyone else.

Mr President
03-19-2008, 12:30
lol.. yea thats it.. :dblthumbup:

Hoebawt
03-19-2008, 13:36
Cheater!!!!!!!!!!! ive reported u

Missionary
03-19-2008, 14:16
bet everyone in USA started with 300 turns :P

Dogma
03-19-2008, 14:26
I had 200

Norrisville
03-19-2008, 14:50
100 extra turns, and you're not even in the top 10 anymore. Someone needs a vacation.:beer:

Mr President
03-19-2008, 16:11
OK.... The game is working perfectly... All functions are working as they should. The only main issues are cosmetic issues that still need to be worked on.. And that will take some time.. So this is what we are going to do..

We are going to load the game on the main server, and then open up the game for everyone to play. then during the set we will make the needed changes so the game "looks" better. That way you all don't have to sit around and wait while we make it pretty.. lol

The testing round will continue till Sunday, and then the new round on the main server will begin monday. Unless of course you all want to wait a week or two till i have all the cosmetic stuff done...

Guy77
03-19-2008, 18:39
Lets see

Our beloved game, which was so abruptly taken away from us is now back, i REALLY don't think anyone wants to wait on the cosmetics..........

Just a thought tho

Bring on the wow!

Mr President
03-19-2008, 21:36
Well lucky for you all, things moved along faster then i planned.. The game is up and ready for states!

Link is posted on front page, but here it is too..

www.nation-wars.com (http://www.nation-wars.com)

*** For existing forum members***

All you have to do is use your forum name and pass. The game is linked to the forums, so use the same login and passes..

Also, don't forget that the cbox is not ready yet, so there will be a white box at the top of your screen. Go to preferences and disable it to make it go away.

AND, the desert them menu is terrible.. I suggest you change themes as well.. unless you like it. I am working on changing it, but it will take some time..

You change that in preferences as well..

Good luck and enjoy!

pcgluva
03-19-2008, 21:45
signed up ready to rock

Hoebawt
03-19-2008, 21:51
First nation<<<<< and State i think :)

northbabylon
03-19-2008, 22:00
we killed pres!

Norrisville
03-19-2008, 22:02
we killed pres!

yeah. love how he failed to mention that we sped up the process by killing his state :sneaky:

MAGGIO
03-19-2008, 22:36
certainly a tear is shed. im glad i wrote most of that start up message so i remember how to play....lol

Hoebawt
03-19-2008, 22:42
LOL nice

Crimson Shadow
03-20-2008, 06:28
...here I was thinking I would be the first state to die

Crimson Shadow
03-20-2008, 06:40
And in the new round yet to start I have 200 turns....not 300 like Mr P ;)

Mr President
03-20-2008, 09:39
I have 200 as well... everyone starts with 200

Nat22
03-20-2008, 09:44
Btw I can't create a state in the game. I've got one in the test one. However, when i sign in on the normal one to create a state the page doesn't load.....

youngwebsolutions
03-20-2008, 11:25
Btw I can't create a state in the game. I've got one in the test one. However, when i sign in on the normal one to create a state the page doesn't load.....

35 others managed to do so.. give it one more try?
otherwise PM me or Mr. P the exact error (and/or screenshot) :rolleyes:

Mr President
03-20-2008, 11:55
When you first made an account it took you into the desert theme after you signed up. and that theme has some bugs.. So now, the default is black & Yellow theme and the desert theme has been removed. You will still see it when you create your state names, but right after that it goes to B & Y.

The other themes are still available, although the B & Y is the best one for layout wise.. But it's your choice.

also, the shoutbox default is now off. So when you make a state, you don't have to turn it to off. Once the shoutbox is loaded then we will put it back.

but the shout box is not a priority at this time.. So it will be a while.

MAGGIO
03-20-2008, 12:44
When you first made an account it took you into the desert theme after you signed up. and that theme has some bugs.. So now, the default is black & Yellow theme and the desert theme has been removed. You will still see it when you create your state names, but right after that it goes to B & Y.

The other themes are still available, although the B & Y is the best one for layout wise.. But it's your choice.

also, the shoutbox default is now off. So when you make a state, you don't have to turn it to off. Once the shoutbox is loaded then we will put it back.

but the shout box is not a priority at this time.. So it will be a while.

I saw what you mean with the desert theme. The honest true is the facts! The fact is that the old BW was the fav of the "vets", and when WOW was pumping up the mems it was the old BW theme. The themes started to change and the mems decreased. I know it wasnt the only reason, but it could be looked at as one of the reasons. BW theme as default would be my recommendation even though I was one of the ones who liked the new themes when they came out.

Mr President
03-22-2008, 13:42
This set each state started with 200 turns..

next set we will start with 300..

it should have been 300 this set, but i forgot to change it prior to opening the set.. not a huge deal though.

But so far member count looks great!

Max Logan
03-22-2008, 17:33
do I have to create an account for the game or do I use the forums one?

MAGGIO
03-22-2008, 17:37
do I have to create an account for the game or do I use the forums one?

forum one i believe

Max Logan
03-22-2008, 17:38
where do I get the password. I forgot it :P

MAGGIO
03-22-2008, 17:39
PM Mr. Pres

Mr President
03-22-2008, 18:26
yes. the game and forums are linked so you use your user name and pass that you use for the forums, for the game as well.

Hoebawt
03-23-2008, 12:31
If u get banned on the fourms does that mean ur banned ingame?

pcgluva
03-23-2008, 12:49
currently yes

BB
03-23-2008, 15:14
this is why technically admins are only ones hwo can ban.. now you reach infraction max and you have your three days... so be good in forums and ya don't lose out on game

Hoebawt
03-23-2008, 17:43
Thats the way it should be

Dogma
03-23-2008, 17:51
just don't get banned

Xavior
03-23-2008, 18:00
You amaze me with your suggestions, Dogma :)

Dogma
03-23-2008, 18:04
Well, not all can have my insight. :P

Hoebawt
03-23-2008, 18:31
Yea man wat a great suggestion top notch stuff right there