PDA

View Full Version : I am a 'scout" from earth2025

BladeEWG
11-15-2009, 09:17
As y'all know and your "Mr.President " has posted on our soon to be dead forums, earth2025 is closing . I followed his link to check out the game.
I have seen a few names i recognize, so i am not the only "scout"

I will not promise a bunch of "us" coming here but I think a few, and myself will come here for kicks and just to play something new.
there is a earth clone in the works and most of our tags will be there I'm thinking.

So far, I am impressed with the speed, confused by all the actions needed.
keep in mind that earth2025 was a pretty brainless game, right up my alley ;)
Today I found the "missions" part..nice touch!
I'm sure that when i take the time to read the manual, this will make more sense to me.

I am also amazed that I have had a country here for 3 days now, and have not seen a recruit message from a "tag".Thats a big thing for me. Ya need to find the new folks and get them right away.

Not quite sure if I'm in "protection" or not..Guess if I start getting hit, then I'll know I'm not ;)

DBozMen
11-15-2009, 09:25
Hi and welcome :),

i would say take some time to read up on the manual and that would explain most of your questions. if you do got some other questions feel free to ask any1 :).

BladeEWG
11-15-2009, 09:34
I shall do that..one of these days ;)
Thanks for the reply, thats appreciated!

right now I'm just chillin waiting to check the scores update time. thats a major issue for us at 2025, especially these days. hard to have a war with no scores updates. Jolt has forsaken us big time :(

DBozMen
11-15-2009, 09:53
I shall do that..one of these days ;)
Thanks for the reply, thats appreciated!

right now I'm just chillin waiting to check the scores update time. thats a major issue for us at 2025, especially these days. hard to have a war with no scores updates. Jolt has forsaken us big time :(

there are 2 updates,

state list once every 20 minutes, and nation every hour :).

Mr President
11-15-2009, 10:13
As y'all know and your "Mr.President " has posted on our soon to be dead forums, earth2025 is closing . I followed his link to check out the game.
I have seen a few names i recognize, so i am not the only "scout"

I will not promise a bunch of "us" coming here but I think a few, and myself will come here for kicks and just to play something new.
there is a earth clone in the works and most of our tags will be there I'm thinking.

So far, I am impressed with the speed, confused by all the actions needed.
keep in mind that earth2025 was a pretty brainless game, right up my alley ;)
Today I found the "missions" part..nice touch!
I'm sure that when i take the time to read the manual, this will make more sense to me.

I am also amazed that I have had a country here for 3 days now, and have not seen a recruit message from a "tag".Thats a big thing for me. Ya need to find the new folks and get them right away.

Not quite sure if I'm in "protection" or not..Guess if I start getting hit, then I'll know I'm not ;)

Welcome to Nation-Wars!

You are in protection for the first 199 turns.. Once you use 200 turns your on your own :)

As for the recruitment, that is kind of odd. Normally our members are too aggressive and scare people off lol. Well take your time and work your way around the game. If you have any questions or concerns just pot them here. You will find that everyone in this game is willing to help new members learn the game. You will get lots of offers i'm sure lol.. Good luck and thanks for playing!

btw, USA is a casher nation and we are more then willing to let you in and help you learn the game.. Just send me a message (state #2) if you are interested..

nosejam
11-15-2009, 10:20
I'm not recruiting this set as I don't have the time to teach/help new people as well as I'd like otherwise you would have seen a message from me in your inbox, also my nation is running the farmer strat which new players tend to find a little boring so not the best to blood new players with.

And as Dboz said above the scores update like that, and you can also check upto the second individual scores with the state search function.

Shabaz K
11-15-2009, 10:53
actually im thinking of firing Nosejam, so if you want his position your more then welcomed to join us, will teach you.:D

northbabylon
11-15-2009, 13:07
welcome to the game buddy! I have played earth for about a year and have brought a few guys form my clann from there. I plan on bringing a few more when the set ends. BTW i am in the clan MD. Also, i know its been stated already, but any questions just ask. More then willing to help.

Devil
11-15-2009, 13:31
welcome to the game buddy! I have played earth for about a year and have brought a few guys form my clann from there. I plan on bringing a few more when the set ends. BTW i am in the clan MD. Also, i know its been stated already, but any questions just ask. More then willing to help.

MD for life son!

MAGGIO
11-15-2009, 14:21
So glad you came over to check it out. Dont get discouraged from the many options...just click you way though and you will quickly find out what they all do.

I know its not perfect, but if you want to join a naiton which most would encourage, simply go to the recruitment section and you can join an open nation.

also pleae pleae please ask anything you want right here in this thread and several people will jump right in and answer your question pretty quickly. dont get frustrated give the game a shot, I am SURE you will like it.

This game Nation-wars is a clone from our old game World-of-War which was created from a enthusiastic Earth player name Svenne.

We have just tweeked, adjusted, and upgraded several several times. Our admin Mr. President is a hardworker and really has picked this up and learned it from scratch. As long as the game keeps growing we are not going anywere.

k959
11-15-2009, 14:42
im not the best in the game but i do know how to play casher fairly well so if you need help learning how to play casher strat just send me a message on the forums or ingame im always easy to find

Dogma
11-16-2009, 14:43
Welcome to our little insane asylum. WE would be happy to help you get your feet wet if you care to join SLOB. Apply in game.

BladeEWG
11-16-2009, 17:38
Thanks guys, that helps a lot.
I'll try to bring a few of my m8s over here to check it out.
Looking forward to the new set when i can focus a bit on what to do.

I'm sure some of you have strats out someplace already. How about home sites for the varous tags? you guys use Boxcar or some site?
thats really what keeps me in these games, its the friends I make as I go along.
and yes I have been recruited by 2 groups so far, but I wanted to stay untagged this round just to see how they are treated. I'm real big on treating new people fairly and usually recruit them in fairly quick.
thought it was funny that i was spied by one and hit by another in the same tag..guess i have to get my pound of flesh back eh?
I can see already I'll miss not having missiles to toss ;)

and forgive me, I know I have to learn a new lingo. I'll work on that,bear with me

Trigger
11-16-2009, 17:59
Hey blade--I'm from Earth as well, I joined last week after reading that same message. I usually just stick to the tourneys there as I don't have time for all the alliance stuff right now.

The strats are pretty simple. Indy, Farmer, Casher, Techer. Even if you are running solo--you should create a nation so you can use science. Only a nation can use science for tech purposes.

I'm sure some of you have strats out someplace already. How about home sites for the varous tags? you guys use Boxcar or some site?
thats really what keeps me in these games, its the friends I make as I go along.
and yes I have been recruited by 2 groups so far, but I wanted to stay untagged this round just to see how they are treated. I'm real big on treating new people fairly and usually recruit them in fairly quick.
thought it was funny that i was spied by one and hit by another in the same tag..guess i have to get my pound of flesh back eh?

and forgive me, I know I have to learn a new lingo. I'll work on that,bear with me

MAGGIO
11-16-2009, 19:22

oh this is a biggie. we dont go hit for hit around here.

there are harmful attacks and nonharmful (standard). its good to get hit once or twice a day as long as you are hitting other states just as much or more with STANDARD attacks.

almost all will not consider you harmful unless you hit the same state more than twice in a 36hr period.

so dont get offended if you pull some harmful attacks on states and get pounded into dust.

BladeEWG
11-16-2009, 20:54
I'll only do hit to hit, one of the things that screwed up earth2025 was the start of L=L(land to land).
The way i see it, if someone too large in a tag hits me, then I need to hit another in the same tag for the land.
I understand the specialized attacks, those are for kill runs ony as far as I'm concerned. And a single guys not going to be killing anyone. Can that be done by a single country here? What causes a kill?
I'm only plannng on defending and retaling those that "pop" me.

MAGGIO
11-16-2009, 21:17
0 land or 0 population causes death.

you are going to be one frustrated person if you dont or are unwilling to follow suite.

the most land you have the bigger your state will be, the more NW (score) you will get.

it is encouraged to land grab (standard attack) other states constantly.

now there is no rules in the book about this, but this is gernally how we play.

hit for hit will get you nothing but hit and frustrated, eventually loosing your cool, and doing something that will get you killed.

there is always different ways to play the same game, but i was mearly suggesting you try it the way we usually play to get a hang of things.

joining a nation with people really willing to train you up will certainly make things go faster for you.

Keep posting questions here and we will answer any you have.

BladeEWG
11-16-2009, 21:37
0 land or 0 population causes death.

you are going to be one frustrated person if you dont or are unwilling to follow suite.

the most land you have the bigger your state will be, the more NW (score) you will get.

it is encouraged to land grab (standard attack) other states constantly.

now there is no rules in the book about this, but this is gernally how we play.

hit for hit will get you nothing but hit and frustrated, eventually loosing your cool, and doing something that will get you killed.

there is always different ways to play the same game, but i was mearly suggesting you try it the way we usually play to get a hang of things.

joining a nation with people really willing to train you up will certainly make things go faster for you.

Keep posting questions here and we will answer any you have.

If following suit is a requirement here then you definately don't need me here.

I am encouraged to land grab , yet you tell me hit=hit is wrong?
if i hit someone, i expect to be hit back. Likewise if they hit me they should also expect a hit back.
if thats not how it is here then explain to me how one gets lands by not doing that?
I appreciate the suggestions,don't get me wrong on that. But I am definately not the sort to just go along with the status quo.

Mr President
11-16-2009, 22:16
What Maggio was saying is, land is the key to this game. ALL the states in this game hit eachother for land. It's called land grabbing. As long as they are SA's (Standard Attacks, then they are legal attacks. If you use the other kinds of attacks then some nations will take that as an act of war and retaliate back against you.

So What he was saying was, don't go hit for hit with the same person. If someone hits you for land and you get mad and hit him back the cycle will just keep going and you will get frustrated.

If someone hits you for land and you seek out another state to get it back, then your playing perfectly.. He just didn't want you to get mad by going back and forth with the same state is all..

Land is everything in this game. The more you have of it, the larger you can become. Feel free to attack any state you feel you can beat for land... As a courtesy most states won't hit the same state more then 2 times in a 36hr period... (unless your in a war then you kill the bastard lol)

You mentioned that earth was simply and that was what you liked about it. Well Nation-Wars is also simple, but yet is still challenging. Some states are really good and have mastered everything about this game. Everyone here plays for a different reason. Some like to net, some like to war some just like to play :)

MOST in this game will not kill or batter a new member. In the scores there is a "N" next to those who are new. Our members respect the fact that you are new and won't get all crazy thinking someone is trying to ruin there state and retal you for some dumb reason. This allows the new member to make mistakes without getting killed for it. :)

In Earth you didn't have wars like you will here. In this game, Domination Leads to War. Meaning everyone is shooting for the top spot and will do whatever it takes to achieve it. But some (like myself) enjoy playing and don't shoot for the top spot all the time..

Mr President
11-16-2009, 22:19
oh and btw, going by all the chats we have had with in game messages and on here, i think you fit in perfectly here :)

Calvin74
11-16-2009, 23:06

there aren't any sites that work like boxcar or gt for this game. get mr p to talk to pangea(or her he spells his name)

the aspects of this game really aren't that hard the confusing part are the politics of the game:P good luck on getting people over. i think a lot of people from earth would like this game and would hope to see several full tags come over. mr p is much better than mehul/omac and he actually still understands the code:P

there are no unexplained outages here and we don't have to wait for changes once a decade:P

btw MD was the best in earth (at least 8 years ago:P)

Calvin74
11-16-2009, 23:07
crap that was the longets post i made in a while:(
so much for being quiet

northbabylon
11-17-2009, 03:08
:O calvin!

BladeEWG
11-17-2009, 08:02
A good friend of mine started up today.
His name is freddie :)
Might actually get enuf interested to make a new tag in here.

MAGGIO
11-17-2009, 10:12

please do create a tag, and post the name here. I can message the UN members to be on the look out and let them know you guys are new and to extend a hand, and not be abusive.

BeeNo
11-17-2009, 11:24
or find yourself and ally to help make sure someone doesn't push you around ;)

Mr President
11-17-2009, 16:11
there aren't any sites that work like boxcar or gt for this game. get mr p to talk to pangea(or her he spells his name)

the aspects of this game really aren't that hard the confusing part are the politics of the game:P good luck on getting people over. i think a lot of people from earth would like this game and would hope to see several full tags come over. mr p is much better than mehul/omac and he actually still understands the code:P

there are no unexplained outages here and we don't have to wait for changes once a decade:P

ok who logged in under Calvin and wrote this book? He hasn't said this much in months.. I knew you were missing us buddy :)

And thank you for the compliment. The nice thing about our game is that the community has a say in how things are ran. Everyone has ideas for new things and we urge them to post them and after we all debate it out, I work on making it and implementing it. When members feel they are a part of something instead of just a number, they tend to be more loyal. And this game has some really loyal people in it.. :)

That's great and thank you for telling him about Nation-Wars!

please do create a tag, and post the name here. I can message the UN members to be on the look out and let them know you guys are new and to extend a hand, and not be abusive.

or find yourself and ally to help make sure someone doesn't push you around ;)

lol you two make it seem like there are vultures in this game just waiting for new people so they can kill them. It's not like that. 99% of the new people who come to this game ALWAYS have plenty of time to learn it before they really get placed in the mix. There are some new members who just want to learn how to war and begin killing other states, which that is fine too as long as when they get killed in return they don't get discouraged and leave.. That is why we all try to make sure new people are not killed in a war.. At least till they understand the game and how to war lol.. then they are all ours!! PT:::

It's a great game and a great community and for the past few months we have really been growing strongly..

MAGGIO
11-17-2009, 17:38
see my post in the suggestions section plz about Earth.

BladeEWG
11-17-2009, 19:34
I appreciate that Mr Prez, and I came here under the assumumption that the new and the untagged will be bullied and farmed. Thats what I am used to and is the same as many of the smaller tagged members from earth will also assume.
Its up to the players here to show diferent is all.
That is why i choose to not be tagged for the rest of this round, thats how I can see for myself how they are treated.
So far I've been popped a few times and thats no matter to me. I am learning as i go and this is just a test for me here anyhow.
I am not here to tell others how to play their game, you have a small community and understand that. If i fit in, thats fine, if not thats fine also.
I will adapt to whatever i need to be here, and above all else I will defend those that come with me here to play.
thats how I roll. ;)

northbabylon
11-18-2009, 00:05
I appreciate that Mr Prez, and I came here under the assumumption that the new and the untagged will be bullied and farmed. Thats what I am used to and is the same as many of the smaller tagged members from earth will also assume.
Its up to the players here to show diferent is all.
That is why i choose to not be tagged for the rest of this round, thats how I can see for myself how they are treated.
So far I've been popped a few times and thats no matter to me. I am learning as i go and this is just a test for me here anyhow.
I am not here to tell others how to play their game, you have a small community and understand that. If i fit in, thats fine, if not thats fine also.
I will adapt to whatever i need to be here, and above all else I will defend those that come with me here to play.
thats how I roll. ;)

i think you'll fit in quite nicely here, i like you more already than a lot of other people who play :) like xavier -_-

BladeEWG
11-18-2009, 09:22
LO well thats good then.
I do tend to be quite blunt, another good reason for me to stay clear of anything to do with FA ;)

Xavior
11-19-2009, 00:34
i think you'll fit in quite nicely here, i like you more already than a lot of other people who play :) like xavier -_-

At least spell my name right Nball :thumbdown:

northbabylon
11-19-2009, 00:50
At least spell my name right Nball :thumbdown:

yeah, i figured i spelled it wrong lol...

DBozMen
11-22-2009, 06:58

The politics might be a bit strange yeah, because over the years people have changed sides in a lot of fights. Next to that, almost every1 knows every1 right now.

So some new meat would be fun :thumbup:

bladenightbreeze
12-13-2009, 13:21
thank you my old friend for giving me something else to play =]:thumbup:

BladeEWG
12-13-2009, 13:29
Check your messages here :)
Can use you!
MU and I have a mission it seems

bladenightbreeze
12-13-2009, 13:41
checked man will be there shortly

ooga booga
12-13-2009, 22:53
thank you my old friend for giving me something else to play =]:thumbup:

Welcome aboard. :) Enjoy your stay and if you have questions/need tips feel free to ask. Many players here are helpful of Newcomers and love to show them the ropes.

Soviet Russia
12-14-2009, 03:42
Earth2025 is closing? wow:blink:

Magalya2
12-14-2009, 11:14
Hello bladenightbreeze :)

Welcome aboard :)

Hope you will enjoy the game :)

15 years 16 days 12 hours before 2025

I would say that we are closing slowly but surely as time pass by Soviet Russia

I ahve omit the minutes and secondes on purpose , i have not drink enough coffee to do the Maths :p

Mags ☼

bladenightbreeze
12-14-2009, 17:10
i am enjoying my stay here =]

Soviet Russia
12-15-2009, 04:16
Well NW is a fun game too.. Thanks to Mr.P and others who kept it alive; I remember them (especially Maggio) spamming me every day to join nw after Svenn decided to abandon wow :D