PDA

View Full Version : What is Tax Abuse?

-Z-
11-15-2009, 08:53
Many people have asked me what I meant by Tax Abuse. Some claim I am full of ir.

IMO SKY is Guilty of Tax Abuse in Nov Set.

Here is an example:

Nation [X] has 6 member.

[X] tax rate = 10%

with a tax rate of 10% and only 7 members, it would not be possible for [X] National army to keep wup with other large nations NA that have a normal Tax rate.

Thus top states in Nation [X] would have a small NA, and be easily grabbed by other nations top states.

To cheat this, other members in Nation [X] Sell all or half or 3/4 of their Army, eceryday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. (they sell, then rebuy from PM, then sell again, never keeping much of a bank.

This is for Indy Strat of course.

By doing this, the selling members are essentially paying 20 or 30% tax, while the 1 Choosen top state pays only 10%

It is a way to Feed the National Bank, and Gain support for this 1 top state, while allowing this top state to pay a lower tax rate than the rest of the nation.

:thumbdown:

Z

disturbia
11-15-2009, 09:21
Many people have asked me what I meant by Tax Abuse. Some claim I am full of ir.

IMO SKY is Guilty of Tax Abuse in Nov Set.

Here is an example:

Nation [X] has 6 member.

[X] tax rate = 10%

with a tax rate of 10% and only 7 members, it would not be possible for [X] National army to keep wup with other large nations NA that have a normal Tax rate.

Thus top states in Nation [X] would have a small NA, and be easily grabbed by other nations top states.

To cheat this, other members in Nation [X] Sell all or half or 3/4 of their Army, eceryday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. (they sell, then rebuy from PM, then sell again, never keeping much of a bank.

This is for Indy Strat of course.

By doing this, the selling members are essentially paying 20 or 30% tax, while the 1 Choosen top state pays only 10%

It is a way to Feed the National Bank, and Gain support for this 1 top state, while allowing this top state to pay a lower tax rate than the rest of the nation.

:thumbdown:

Z

since u mention sky there so much, u should have done intel when our top state jumped.. with 25% tax

Margus
11-15-2009, 09:42
lol, I also asked about the tax abuse from you and you explained it well to us, thanks. Only problem is that Sky had 25% tax from start, top1 state jumped with 25% tax (produced most of the army for nation with the jump) and then we changed it to 15, which is even more than most nations in nw after their first tax change. Get your facts straight man.
Yes, 2 members of our nation expanded and sold a lot to help the nation, but only because we had like 3 active members lol. Moradon and snowworld were more like collecting turns.

-Z-
11-15-2009, 09:46
I did not mention Sky here, because I do not knowyour tax.

I only did intels on individual states.

I saw some feeding happening with Tax. I'm not sure to what extent it was happening, or what number of states. But over the period of a week I saw it for sure.

Z

Margus
11-15-2009, 09:59
But you put the link of this thread to the "wlf vs sky" which is basically saying that we did what you were saying in this thread.
And it's not so bad strategy anyway. I was the #27 who was "jumping up and down" and I like to play like that. On the January 2009 set, where anton got his first win and 600m+ score(because me and dolly were teaching him like Roel this set in Sky), I also helped anton's nation like that. He even told dolly to send me text messages many times, saying "please come online and buy your ships that are on market and resell them" or "please produce inf for nation" etc. And the point of this is that I got a second place that set. (I was the state named Alright in [high]). I love to play like that, helping nation and also helping my own state a bit when I can make turns with a lot of land and no expenses and then re-buy army with my money so small states can't grab me.

disturbia
11-15-2009, 10:18
I did not mention Sky here

Z

are u sure u didnt mention sky here? check your first post's second line in this thread lalala

I do not knowyour tax.

Z

so you weren't even sure of the tax abuse, just saw 1 state jumping up and down in scores. that's a lot of proof indeed. so much proof that we can agree on that the tax abuse reason for war is bull**** cuz you didn't even know what the TAX WAS in Sky

-Z-
11-15-2009, 10:22
It doesnt matter if your tax is 5% or 25% thats exactly the issue here.

When states are selling huge chunks of their army all day you can sell 5 times a day and rebuy and they u pay 25% tax.

Or u can sell 1 time and pat 5%

A nation with only 3 active players can not keep a good NA for a #1 state without feeding.

Z

Margus
11-15-2009, 10:56
It doesnt matter if your tax is 5% or 25% thats exactly the issue here.

When states are selling huge chunks of their army all day you can sell 5 times a day and rebuy and they u pay 25% tax.
Z
You're not very good at math, are you? :P
+ if the tax was 5% in any nation then I agree, it wouldn't be fair. But WLF had in fact 18% tax and then changed it to 10%, lol. Why do you say it is tax abuse when Sky had much bigger tax, 25% and then 15%? Roel had to pay more for the nation than you, so how can you call it abuse? It would be a problem if the winner would be the nation that has the most NA, but it's about who has most nw.. and Roel didn't get any advantage in Sky to get bigger nw.. and if your nation didn't have enough tech or NA then blame your low tax. The top1 state gives a lot to the nation.. produces the most and doesn't get grabbed (doesn't loose extra NA then). The only reason why the 2 states resold army was the lack of active members in Sky.
If you think this is wrong then please say why.

KelpKris
11-15-2009, 12:03
Like Margus were saying WLF (and some other nations) should have enough members to provide full NA support to their TOP states without any "tax abuse" so who do you think has the advantage? In this situation I'd say WLF (full NA support and lower tax).

Max Logan
11-15-2009, 13:14
Z, you sound quite pathetic, when we all know Anton did the same before and not once. And you never had an issue with it, even when it was in plan sight. So if you want to the 'good guy' getting NW rid of 'tax abusers' you better look at your own playing field!

Just what I saw funny! But oh well, I don`t expect much from hypocrit suicider, who gets his 'friends he doesn`t know' AA top people so he can grab them 20 secs later.

Nope, I`m cool!

MAGGIO
11-16-2009, 08:36
yah but if soeone is in your nation and they have a shot at being number one, isnt that what a nation is for to support their members?

i certainly as a team player would sacrafise my own nw for my top guy to get number one.

nosejam
11-16-2009, 08:58
yah but if soeone is in your nation and they have a shot at being number one, isnt that what a nation is for to support their members?

i certainly as a team player would sacrafise my own nw for my top guy to get number one.

Translation: Bring back donations!

-Z-
11-16-2009, 10:15
Z, you sound quite pathetic, when we all know Anton did the same before and not once. And you never had an issue with it, even when it was in plan sight. So if you want to the 'good guy' getting NW rid of 'tax abusers' you better look at your own playing field!

Just what I saw funny! But oh well, I don`t expect much from hypocrit suicider, who gets his 'friends he doesn`t know' AA top people so he can grab them 20 secs later.

Nope, I`m cool!

I wasnt playing when anton apparently did this. I took 6 months off while I was working alot.

If he did then why didnt any of you fools Kill him?

LOL Lazy bastards.

Z

disturbia
11-16-2009, 10:31
Translation: Bring back donations!

actually i was very against donations.. it made it all too easy.. too simple. right now the top guy has to pay the same tax. the higher is the tax the easier is to build nation but the top guy has to pay it also. with donations the tax could be 0%. too easy = pointless.

Max Logan
11-16-2009, 12:21
Donations are gone for good reason! And should stay that way - gone

-Z-
11-16-2009, 13:25
Donations are gone for good reason! And should stay that way - gone

I agree.

Tax Abuse is essentially Donateing (feeding) through trickier measures

Z

Max Logan
11-16-2009, 13:58
I agree.