PDA

View Full Version : My Public Appology

MAGGIO
03-20-2008, 10:28
I really dont know to start...

I am sure you all have your opinions, but here is my perspective on some things.

I was working really hard with Svenne on WOW, and may have been a factor of him closing it down. That day was a very sad day for me. Svenne appoligized and thanked me time and time again, and I didnt have hard feeling for his actions because I understood them.

Danson contacted me, and said he could get a game promisense up and going and he knew a guy (which eventually became known to me a dirk). I was stoked, and knowing that MR P. and Dogma were trying to do something as well we collaberated. not knowing much about PHP we quickly pulled in Warlord. And on and on we go.

I quickly learned that NW was nothing like WOW, and even though I played my turns, I was discontent. Mr P worked his butt off as well as others but I just couldnt get into it like I was addicted to WOW.

I ventured into the shadows! Although i wasnt posting much, and playing much, I LOGGED IN EVERDAY AND READ THE POSTS AND KEPT UP WITH EVENTS.

One of the main reasons for my behavior is my family and health. I wasnt feeling right with my RL situation and was having some mental and health problems. I went to a few doctors, and psycologists. I have been diagnosed with Paranoya, Depression, and Anxiety at moderate levels. Through the last several months I have been battleing with different medication to try to create a normalcy in my life and the lives of my family.

When I was playing WOW i was neglecting my family and my wife, and this was causing damage to her feelings as well as my childrens.

These two factors also compiled with one more, which is the United States Economy Crisis. My electric bill has doubled, Our food bills have increased 100$ per month at the least, our gasoline expenses are up to 300+$ per month now etc.... I am sure I am not the only one feeling it.

I have had to work side jobs at night and on the weekends building websites and getting money were I can to support my wife, and three kids.

By the time I get home, I barely even touch my computer because I have been on a computer all day at my day job, and sometimes all night at my night job.

But I Never Never abandoned the community. I log in every day, and stay committed today.

I am so glad that the WOW code is back as I liked it much more but that is not the real reason. I really feel that I am a part of this community, and I am proud of all the people that stuck in there on a hope and prayer. I think we all owe alot to the people that made this happen for us. What makes me the happiest is that we have a chance to play with hundreds of people across the world like we once did. I may never be as involved as I was in the Olden days. I do not intend to get some big nation going or anything like that. I simply dont have the time given the circumstances, nor do I have the will due to my medications.

I will continue to support the community and forum in anyway that I can. I may not be jumping up and down for attension but I am here, all you ahve to do is PM me. I will make more of an effort to log onto to MSN in the future as I know alot of people would like to contact me about things that way.

I am sorry if I have let you down in any way. I have not come out in the public to discuss some of my situations even though maybe i should have until now. I do however feel now that I can share my personal situations with the community now that I have become more comfortable with my ailments.

Sorry for not being as vocal as I used to be, I hope you all understand.

pcgluva
03-20-2008, 10:38
hope all is well john..... good luck with all

Mahdi
03-20-2008, 14:57
take care of your family first John we are nothing more then a diversion from reality

Crimson Shadow
03-20-2008, 15:21
I agree with Mahdi...the game should be the least of your worries.

And there is really no reason to appolize to us. Its not like you chose these circumstances or anything like that.

ooga booga
03-20-2008, 16:04
Don't sweat it Maggio, your health and family are the things that matter most! You do what you have to do and realize that the community is here for you as much as you've been here for us. :thumbup:

Hoebawt
03-20-2008, 16:18
yea man handle ur business... Dont worry about it most of us knew u were doing things behind the scenes.... Good luck wit ur family man thats way more important then this game.....

L P
03-20-2008, 18:56
None of my anger or bitterness has ever been directed at you. I will admit that I, at one time, had a strong desire to throw overly ripe fruit at you. Honestly speaking though I always respected the fact that you were so involved in the game. Unlike others that complained but never wanted to help.

Missionary
03-20-2008, 23:57
no problem maggio, hope you sort all your problems out and crap. youve made ahuge contribution in the past and it will alwys be remembered (mainly for training me :P)

Dogma
03-21-2008, 04:37
Apologies not needed, we all have things in RL that take precidense. As was said, this is a game and an excuse to kill time. Take care of what you need to do, we will be here.

ranger2112
03-21-2008, 07:42
first and foremost, this game is about the community all gathering into one place and sharing thoughts, jokes and tears. we all have RL issues that prevent us from time to time to be involved as much as we would like. The game, for me, has always been a mere diversion and the forums....the community...family i have met here...thats what its all about. There is no reason to apologize or feel guilty in any way...we are just glad to have u and everyone here time to time and say hey. Best of luck with your RL issues and know we are all here for each other. one of us hurts, we all feel it...so RELAX and bask in the LOVE...

ooga booga
03-21-2008, 12:27
first and foremost, this game is about the community all gathering into one place and sharing thoughts, jokes and tears. we all have RL issues that prevent us from time to time to be involved as much as we would like. The game, for me, has always been a mere diversion and the forums....the community...family i have met here...thats what its all about. There is no reason to apologize or feel guilty in any way...we are just glad to have u and everyone here time to time and say hey. Best of luck with your RL issues and know we are all here for each other. one of us hurts, we all feel it...so RELAX and bask in the LOVE...

Beautifully put. :crying: Well said.

Hoebawt
03-21-2008, 13:57

Im sorry for ever attacking you....

Bram Gotink
03-21-2008, 15:31
Im sorry for ever attacking you....

lol

@ Maggio :
I hope you and the family fare well,
I know economy sux atm, but things can't get much worse
There is always a ray of sun at the end of the rain...

@ Ranger :
Which poet did you pay to write that ? huh??
C'mon, be honest

ranger2112
03-21-2008, 16:46
pffft. poet. i have three poems published as we speak. aint no big deal. i was just speaking from my heart. :)

esco
03-22-2008, 00:02
Like everyone says just chill and take care of the family first.

kanman
03-22-2008, 04:16
I have been way more inactive than you, but i would just like to say thanks for sharing this with us. At least it seems some of the things are coming back together again, that's great to hear. Best of luck in everything and I'll see you in game :).

Missionary
03-22-2008, 09:34
yeh but your not important kanny :P

CommunistCapitalism
03-22-2008, 13:58
aw i hope you're feeling better, i hoep everything is well in real life, keep it real john