PDA

View Full Version : Al JaZeera = Broadcaster of the year.

-Z-
12-22-2009, 18:56
After a rough start up, in 2006 Al Jazeera launched an English language channel.

Since this time they have emerged as a dominant channel covering the developing world.

World leaders tune in to Al Jazeera come decision time now more than every. Al Jazeera is unique in that it reports actual news, you are not likely to see Product placement and commercials urging you to purchase this or subscribe to that while watching an Al Jazeera newscast.

Coined as "BBC of the South" Al Jazeera looks beyond the establishment's point of view.

Disagree if you shall, but please state your choice for broadcaster of the year if you think Al Jazeera does not deserve the title. Also please explain your reasons.

And for the love of god please don't even bring Up Fox News, that would be a bit silly.

Z

Will
12-22-2009, 19:55
BBC obviously. It's British and we are God's chosen people:)

-Z-
12-22-2009, 20:53
BBC obviously. It's British and we are God's chosen people:)

I love BBC.

and BBC would be a close choice, its allways bveen my fav broadcaster for years now.

But on pure merits Al-Jazeera has done so much these past few years, they are doing amazing stuff, making BBC look like a british CNN.

Z

MAGGIO
12-22-2009, 23:54
in the US i am partial to NPR over any to get more of the facts than the story...

Xavior
12-23-2009, 07:10
BBC is good for world news, and it comes on like every 4 hours. I watch ABC and occasionally CNN for american news. Sad to see another anchor go for ABC, and I'm sure Diane Sawyer will only be a temp replacement until a younger fellow takes over for good.

And of course CBC for canadian news.

-Z-
12-23-2009, 11:08
NPR eh? never heard of them..

Im talking more global

CBC is great for canada, and if u want to hear about how aunt bettys miniature schnauzer got hit by a 1992 ford pick up on 11th street yesterday.

j/k, CBC does some good stuff too.

But Al Jazeera....

they beat CNN and BBC at their own game... and AJZ are just a bunch of young people from around the world.

AJZ gets interviews with Heavy Metal rockers of Islam, Taliban leaders, Uighur minorities in China.

They do these things that CNN doesnt even attempt, and they also cover IMF policy and climate change.

AJZ was the ONLY international broadcaster in Gaza during the Israeli invasion.

AJZ is the only broadcaster who is documenting an ever-larger swath of the planet.

Z

MAGGIO
12-23-2009, 12:17
i guess NRP is like BBC, for the US, its non profit, and commercial free. Its pretty big.

Soviet Russia
12-24-2009, 10:04
AJZ is ****. They are not objective, neither CNN and BBC are.

Shabaz K
01-02-2010, 19:00
i agrre with SR on this aswell. ALJ is just another tool

-Z-
01-02-2010, 22:22
SRS who Do U nominate?

AJZ may not be 100% objective, but I think they report more truthfully than CNN, and are more comprehensive than BBC.

AJZ report on important issues that the other major broadcasters ignore.

And while CNN and BBC and CBC report with the same Bias, AJZ reports generally with an opposite Bias, which is very refreshing.

Broadcaster of the year IMO is not about Bias... everyone is Bias to some extent.

Z

-Chris-
01-02-2010, 23:53
-sigh- Z do you always have to express your extreme left bull**** in this kind of matter?

Al JaZeera is hardly a credible news service, much less worthy of broadcaster of the year. Rush Limbaugh is more objective then they are, and he's a retard.

Personally, I nominate the Comedy Central News Crew for broadcaster of the year.

(Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart)

Atleast you know that everything that comes out their mouth is the truth, and not just truth, but truthiness. CNN and FOX spin for the left and right, respectively, and I'm not one to comment on the BBC because frankly I'm not British.

To say that Al JaZeera is anything more then a puppet is simply ludicrous.

I can never get a feel for your political beliefs Z, but this is one of your more ridiculous ones.

-Z-
01-03-2010, 09:00
Chris, Perhaps you have not been paying attention?

Or is it Al Jazeera channel's willingness to broadcast dissenting views that would have you write it off as left bull****?

Fankly I'm a more than a bit offended.

I post a normal thread, expressing some thoughts, I give reasons for my thoughts. And U come here and bash me and my reasons, just because you Like something else?

Which news broadcaster would you Pick Chris? and what are your reasons? are u prejudice against Arab stations?

Does CNN have an Arab language station?

Because AJZ has recently created an English channel.

AJZ has reporters who are Not Just from one country (Unlike BBC and CNN, whop mostly have american or british reporters, and simply ship them around the world), AJZ has reporters with citizenship in a large variety of countries.

AJZ comes from Qatar Originally in the late 90's, and has grown to be a major competitor among channels like CNN and BBC concerning world events. This Alone seems to be an amazing achievement to me.

If u are opposed to alternative media then you will not like AJZ, you should probably be watching Fox news, and reporting to big brother each time u take a crap.

AJZ is Contextually Objective, and values their tend to revolve around participatory democratic ideals of a mobilized citizenry.

Without the fine people like those in AJZ, their would be little hope for change and social communication.

AJZ is Counter-Hegemonic in that it not only challenges the views of American authorities (which is all anyone thinks about) but it also attacks against political and economic corruption throughout the Middle East and serves as a voice of dissent and forum for various national opposition movements.

AJZ Incites activism not only against US interests but also against corrupt Arab regimes, not to mention Israel, who acts sickeningly with agressions, theft of land, and murder in the region.

A sizable number of Al Jazeera’s staff responsible for producing marketing and publicity for the station are Western-trained and educated.

AJZ now owns sports channels, and a children channel, for those parents who would like their children to hear views that is open and democratic, as opposed to the mostly state run programs in the middle east.

WHILE OTHER NEWS PROGRAMS ARE CUTTING DOWN, ALJAZEERA HAS GROWN EXPONENTIALLY.

AJZ plans to open 10 new bureaus in 2010, while CNN, CBC, and BBC are all cutting their staff and bureaus.

AJZ Scooped the World by being the ONLY international Broadcaster in GaZa during the Israeli Onslaught.

AJZ is the only broadcaster that I can think of that is brave enough to challenge Israeli protocol, when it comes to Israels Murderous and destructive ways.

No one seems to give any reasons why anyone else should be broadcaster of the year.

How can you call AJZ a puppet Chris? it has a non-hierarchical structure, unlike most of the western news programs.

Chris, I'm just wondering... have you ever read the book 1984? please let me know.

Z

Will
01-06-2010, 15:20
and I'm not one to comment on the BBC because frankly I'm not British.

Neither is the BBC :P

-Z-
01-08-2010, 13:29
Neither is the BBC :P

Will your definition of what is British is flawed.

To you British means "White supremest, ultra nationalist, closed minded person"

Z

Will
01-08-2010, 19:36
Will your definition of what is British is flawed.

To you British means "White supremest, ultra nationalist, closed minded person"

Z

Erm, no. My next door neighbour is Japanese and I consider him British.

Bet none of you ever expected me to say that:)

-Z-
01-09-2010, 02:31
Erm, no. My next door neighbour is Japanese and I consider him British.

Bet none of you ever expected me to say that:)

inroads.

Z

Divine Intervention
01-09-2010, 04:32
Fox News.

-Z-
01-09-2010, 13:26
Fox News.

omg.

:thinking::scared2:

-Z-
04-11-2010, 00:31
Al-Jazeera for 2010

Z

esco
04-11-2010, 14:34
None, they all have their audience so they all report news relevant to those audiences.

Take yourself Z, you like Al JaZeera most likely because the news they report reinforces your own beliefs just like anyone else who watches Fox News or CNN.

Best thing you could do is to start watching some Fox News to see the other side. you'll probably hate watching it but too bad.

-Z-
04-11-2010, 15:34
None, they all have their audience so they all report news relevant to those audiences.

Take yourself Z, you like Al JaZeera most likely because the news they report reinforces your own beliefs just like anyone else who watches Fox News or CNN.

Best thing you could do is to start watching some Fox News to see the other side. you'll probably hate watching it but too bad.

I rarely watch Al Jazeera because I do not get the channel, so I just follow it online.

I watch CNN sometimes.

Z

FrogBu
04-15-2010, 11:14
Z...

NPR is National Public Radio... kind of like a known underground for people who have the balls to speak their mind and/or the truth.

Also, BBC is just as tainted as CNN, Fox News, etc... AP or nothing.