PDA

View Full Version : Avatar the movie

-Z-
12-25-2009, 21:46
Some Disturbing news about Avatar...:o

Apparently Avatar has some hidden messages in it that may be detrimental to our youth, and cause the end of society as we know it...

"Since it opened last week, James Cameron's much-anticipated film "Avatar" has won praise from movie critics and been a juggernaut at the box office. But some who have seen the film say that it contains hidden messages that are anti-war, pro-environment..."

:RM:

OMG

How dare movie makers Rain on our parade of destruction!?

SICKENING !!! SICKENING!!!

Z

nosejam
12-26-2009, 05:06
How do these movie producers and directors sleep at night, have they no morals?

On a side note, I did actually enjoy the film, might have to go to a different cinema to watch it in 3D though as my local didn't have that facility.

-Z-
12-26-2009, 14:37
How do these movie producers and directors sleep at night, have they no morals?

On a side note, I did actually enjoy the film, might have to go to a different cinema to watch it in 3D though as my local didn't have that facility.

Same here. I saw it in 2D at a theatre, and it was great!

couldnt imagine 3D

But ya...

those evil people... Anti war and pro environment... And they have yet to be hung?

What is America coming to!?

What happened ot the day when you could sniff a huge line of cocain, murder 3 jews, rob and bank, and become president the next year?!

Its all falling apart I say...

:-(

Z

Will
12-26-2009, 18:19
one of the forums I visit suggests it's more anti-white than anti-war, but I've yet to see it so.......

p-kitty
12-29-2009, 00:49
... WAS F*G AWESOME!

and I still saw it in 3D in the front row(cuz there were no other seats left :'( ) and it was larger than life it was so cool!

wait, wait, wait, wait... anti-white... lmao XD it's only because the bad guys are very distinctly american-esque stereo-types. they made no secret about that. the "savages" also are not any type of african tribal stereo-type but a blend of all spiritual religions just like the bad guys are a blend of typical war-time figures. It's the way things are in most countries. It's your brains and brawns. that's all.

-Z-
12-29-2009, 01:05
Im interesting in how this 3d thing works.

hopefully I can go see one in 3d one day.

Wont really compare to Avatar tho probably.

Z

Xavior
01-04-2010, 03:53
I saw it in imax today. I must say, the movie itself (plot) was fairly predictable, reminded me of Dances with Wolves but just in a futuristic setting. However, the visuals and music were superb and I can see why James Cameron waited so long to film it.

As for the 3D, its not mind blowing. Don't expect to notice it throughout the movie, and tbh it wasn't worth waiting to see it in imax for me.

nosejam
01-04-2010, 04:40
I saw it in imax today. I must say, the movie itself (plot) was fairly predictable, reminded me of Dances with Wolves but just in a futuristic setting. However, the visuals and music were superb and I can see why James Cameron waited so long to film it.

As for the 3D, its not mind blowing. Don't expect to notice it throughout the movie, and tbh it wasn't worth waiting to see it in imax for me.

Everyone I know who has seen Dances With Wolves has said the same.

Mahdi
01-04-2010, 12:20
personally I thought it was an amazingly well done movie, so much so in fact after I saw it in theaters I downloaded it so I could watch it again. Sadly I won't be able to see it in 3D as those movies for some reason make me sick as hell, could have something to do with the drugs I have done but who knows.

-Z-
01-04-2010, 13:05
Dances with wolves, I have not seen it.

the main plots in Avatar are

-love

-natural symbiotic health vs modern usurpation of life

Z

Xavior
03-08-2010, 03:43
Anyone else surprised Avatar didn't win best picture?

totte
03-08-2010, 12:49
win what?

nosejam
03-08-2010, 15:38
I'm not surprised, The Hurt Locker was better, Avatar looked stunning but lacked something in the story imo.

-Z-
03-08-2010, 20:19
both were good, and IMO Avatar was better. (but then im a fan of Fantasy more so than war)

IMO they Oscar people probably just voted for hurt locker in order to snub Avatar, since avatar really didnt need any more attention.

Z

k959
03-09-2010, 14:59
imo avatar lost because of all the cg which by some actors viewpoint isnt acting.... and actors have a big influince on the vote