PDA

View Full Version : GRabbing

Dogma
12-27-2009, 13:08
Little FYI, If you don't have enough land at 8 hours left in the set, MORE WON'T HELP YOU! All you do is screw up someone else. Thanks, Moradon, I would have thought at least you would know a little better, being top state. But go ahead and waste the last few turns of the set.

Shabaz K
12-27-2009, 13:15
well as for me, no food on market, 8 hours to go, i took a chance:D, if it sells by then i have 15bill

Devil
12-27-2009, 13:18
lol dogma i know exactly what your talking about. Beautiful lies hit me today and lost more in in military he will get with that land. I personally think he was grabbing me to destroy military so he has a better shot at 4th but thats just my opinion, ill return the favor to him later tonight.

Dogma moradon is a sky state so i'd bet he should be too hard to br break ;)

Magalya2
12-27-2009, 13:59
well as for me, no food on market, 8 hours to go, i took a chance:D, if it sells by then i have 15bill

It is you who hide the food supply :blink:

I buy it on the Black Market , i cannot let my Troops die from starving :p

Mags ☼

Dogma
12-27-2009, 14:10
Oh I know, I wouldn't play that way anyway, I would just think someone that plays up top all the time would know better. Or maybe all the stories about how they play up top are true and hereally doesn't know wha thte hell heis doing on his own. Who knows?

Devil
12-27-2009, 15:25
Oh I know, I wouldn't play that way anyway, I would just think someone that plays up top all the time would know better. Or maybe all the stories about how they play up top are true and hereally doesn't know wha thte hell heis doing on his own. Who knows?

There is just no respect in the top10 now adays. If i was in my own nation i'd prolly br the **** out of them and then bring the aa's down and farm them just to teach them a lesson... but alas im in SLOB this set :)

pron
12-27-2009, 18:43
I got a tag you can use Devil :)

KelpKris
12-28-2009, 12:46
Little FYI, If you don't have enough land at 8 hours left in the set, MORE WON'T HELP YOU! All you do is screw up someone else. Thanks, Moradon, I would have thought at least you would know a little better, being top state. But go ahead and waste the last few turns of the set.

I had 290+17 turns after grabbing and building. So saying this grab was a waste of turns is wrong. Morale is this: not everybody has 0 turns right after round has ended.

Devil
12-28-2009, 13:29
I had 290+17 turns after grabbing and building. So saying this grab was a waste of turns is wrong. Morale is this: not everybody has 0 turns right after round has ended.

explain margus's act of maxing out just to grab me with less about 15 hours left in the set?

KelpKris
12-28-2009, 15:19
explain margus's act of maxing out just to grab me with less about 15 hours left in the set?

What 15h are you talking about? He grabbed you when there was more than 24h left. Besides, there were several other factors why he maxed out and grabbing you was not the top priority.

Dogma
12-28-2009, 17:41

So a 300 land hit was really worth what you lost in the attack and what you cost me? Ok, that answers a lot of questions.

KelpKris
12-29-2009, 09:55
So a 300 land hit was really worth what you lost in the attack and what you cost me? Ok, that answers a lot of questions.

It was 500+ grab and made before you jumped back into top10. Considering the NA support SLOB had, I only had to use relatively small portion of my ships. So the land I got certainly made back what I lost.
It's true that you lost a lot more than I won (you lost several million in nw while I gained some hundreds of thousands) but the consequences of grabbing are the same throughout the round. A few grabs in the beginning that only give you a very small edge at first can end up in difference of 100M nw in the end. You blame me for making a grab in last hours of the set that cost you a few million nw, but instead you should be blame me for the grabs I made you several days and weeks ago: these are the ones that actually cost you a fortune. Or maybe not, because if I wouldn't have made them you would have lost much more land. Though I'm not saying you should thank me for grabbing you, it's just something to think about.

Dogma
12-29-2009, 10:27
First off, I wasn't in SLOB last set.

Second, I know how the grab formula works and you didn't even know who I was till I changed my name with 1.5 days left in set. I stayed low with lowish land till about 7 days left in set.

I didn't blame you for anything, I still say that grabbing that late is a waste when your net production would have been higher by just cashing. Forget about it, I know what the deal is.

KelpKris
12-29-2009, 11:14
First off, I wasn't in SLOB last set.

Second, I know how the grab formula works and you didn't even know who I was till I changed my name with 1.5 days left in set. I stayed low with lowish land till about 7 days left in set.

I didn't blame you for anything, I still say that grabbing that late is a waste when your net production would have been higher by just cashing. Forget about it, I know what the deal is.

Ah yes, I confused you with someone some else who sent me an angry letter in-game because of the grab I made. I thought it doesn't match-up.
This however means I had even more turns to spend after grabbing you and losses were smaller. Cashing was not the option for me for a certain reason.

But still, would you had made this thread if I had grabbed you 2 days earlier with the same losses, land gain and 0 turns at hand (I'm not sure whether you knew how many turns I had)?

Dogma
12-29-2009, 11:33
Look Kris, let it go, I was only a bit aggrivated with the grab that late, I know different people play different ways. So, lets just agree to disagree.

No I would not have made a thread about a grab with 2 days left, Grabbing part of the game.