PDA

View Full Version : Stop-Loss Review (spoilers)

pcgluva
03-29-2008, 22:26
My Girlfriend wanted to go see it so we went last night, and IMO it was a good movie,

***SPOILER DO NOT READ IF U HAVE INTENTIONS OF SEEING MOVIE******(highlight)
The movie starts off at an army road checkpoint in iraq they are quickly confronted by a drive by of insurgents, they mount up and chase them into an ally where they are ambushed, there sergent orders them to take cover and an intense gunfight imerges. 3 die 2 more seriosuly injured, there are a few scenes and then it comes to the sergents last day, he fills out his papers hands in his stuff and proceds to report to his superior. Then finds he has been stop-lossed in other terms is going to be redeployed again, after just finishing his mandatory tour. he goes and escapes the base and goes underground, ill leave the rest for you, but this is where it gets me mad

Definition of Stop loss (http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=6021)

MTV is now playin a big anti war propaganda which pisses me off, yes Stop-Lossing is unfortunete but there are ways out

The new program does allow for some separations of Soldiers. The following active-Army soldiers are normally not subject to Stop Loss:

Soldiers eligible for mandatory retirement;

Soldiers eligible for disability retirement, separation for physical disability or other physical conditions;

Soldiers pending separation for the convenience of the government such as surviving sons and daughters, parenthood or pregnancy;

Soldiers pending separation because of dependency or hardship;

Soldiers whose quality of service warrants separation;

Soldiers in violation of the Army's homosexual conduct policy;

Soldiers pending separation who are conscientious objectors, and;

Soldiers who do not meet military personnel security program standards.

*spoiler*
what gets me mad is the fact that throughout the movie he claims he cant go back because of leading his men on into there deaths meaning the ambush and it haunts him, wht not file for separation because of dependency or hardship