PDA

View Full Version : A Question concerning SA

-Z-
04-03-2008, 12:35
I remember there was a 10% random factor on SA attacks.

(meaning your military force upon attack could be shifted down up to 10%, randomly, resulting in a defeat, even if you have more military strength that the opponent)

does this still apply?

and is it still 10%?

I am looking for solid facts here, no speculation please, thanks.

Z

MAGGIO
04-03-2008, 14:05
It should be the same as it was, no code changes have been made (pretty sure) or they would be announced.

Rassputtin
04-03-2008, 14:58
I remember there was a 10% random factor on SA attacks.

(meaning your military force upon attack could be shifted down up to 10%, randomly, resulting in a defeat, even if you have more military strength that the opponent)

does this still apply?

and is it still 10%?

I am looking for solid facts here, no speculation please, thanks.

Z

I don't ever remember a randomness in LG's, just spy ops. IF there is a random factor i too would definitly love to know for sure.

evilnoob
04-03-2008, 15:20
The random factor is 15%
Defenders defence strenght is increased from 0 to 15%.
I dont know the formula for it. Just the range.
.................................................. ..................
okay I was told I was wrong
"its 10% in both ways. so 2*10=20, dont lie, its your words when some viet guy jumped and grabed me with -12% random.

I have seen the attack code once, but I dont remember it exactly. 10% both ways sounds familiar. svenny told something like that. So random would be +/- 20%
But then I also did see the code and there was some conflict or something like that and I thought it was funny when something impossible should be proven possible using svennys own words.

I never seen a viet hit a top 1 state unless he pretty sure he will win...

Tnova
04-04-2008, 11:29
The way i always understood it, the random for each state could range 20%, up and down. So your attacking could go down 5% and their defense could go up 10% and you would need about 5% more to win. It is confusing as hell and it is never the full 20%. On important grabs i always sent 107% to be certain because you don't want to give them 36 free hours. I've never lost on 107%. *knocks on wood*

Edit* to better explain the range you can have as much as -10%/+10% randomness on your attacking and the defender can have the same range. This gives the 20% range i was talking about. Hope that clears up confusion.

-Z-
04-04-2008, 12:17
The way i always understood it, the random for each state could range 20%, up and down. So your attacking could go down 5% and their defense could go up 10% and you would need about 5% more to win. It is confusing as hell and it is never the full 20%. On important grabs i always sent 107% to be certain because you don't want to give them 36 free hours. I've never lost on 107%. *knocks on wood*

Thank you.

Im still not 100% certain, but now I have a better idea.

Z

Rassputtin
04-05-2008, 15:10
Well that explains why my calc says "VICTORY" and the game says "YOU SUCK TRY AGAIN"

Norrisville
04-05-2008, 15:28
Well that explains why my calc says "VICTORY" and the game says "YOU SUCK TRY AGAIN"

lol
I've been getting VERY unlucky this set... people gotta stop hating on chuck norris.

esco
04-06-2008, 15:37
Just ask chuck norris to roundhouse kick the game code into submission