PDA

View Full Version : Start up Guides

Mr President
01-08-2010, 20:59
I was wondering if any of you (who have been playing a long time) would be interested in creating a start up guide for each strat?

We would need one for Casher, Indy, Farmer and Techer.

Doesn't need to be a book just something that will explain in detail how someone who is new to the game could begin playing one of these strats.

As payment your name will be mentioned at the bottom of each guide as written by and special thanks too. :)

If you are interested please reply here.

thank you!

Mr President
01-08-2010, 21:02
also i have made (almost completed) a new tool called help search. It will be a box where someone can enter in a question and click search and an answer will appear.

In order for this to work we will need to have a database full of answers to questions that might be asked.

When this gets closer to being released i will ask you all to submit questions and answers of the most common questions. I will then enter that info into the database.

This will be a nice tool in helping new members get answers to questions that have.

northbabylon
01-08-2010, 22:49
From the DAK Forums:

Basically indies produce military. They keep industrial zones only, except for the construction sites. You should have at least 100 construction sites during the start. Then gradually get more as you see fit. It's a good idea to build construction sites if you need to regain readiness.

You should not keep any other buildings (except if you use the startup posted in the other thread). When you landgrab and gain other building types, you should destroy these, and build industrial zones instead.

Industrial zones produce military. Since you only have industrial zones, you'll produce a large quantity of military, but no food and only a tiny amount of money. You will therefore need to sell a portion of your military to get enough money for upkeep, upgrades and food. You'll quickly get an idea of how much to sell. If you're not sure, it's better to sell too much than not enough. It's also a good idea to keep an extra stock of money in the personal bank.

Make sure you upgrade the military you're going to use to level 8. This is infantry/tanks (we haven't decided what this nation will use yet), AGMs/Jets (your choice. Unless you're in the top 10, jets are recommended), Ships and optionally spies. You should have some spies, but it's your choice whether you want to upgrade them or not.

Except for this, indy is about making lots of landgrabs and getting lots of land. You can find more info about this in other threads. Make sure you only attack with standard attacks though, and you're only allowed to attack each target twice during a period of 36 hours.

The basic Dak indy startup:

set tax to 50% and production to 100% infantry

build 2 construction sites (turn 1-2)
build 36 farm zones (turn 3-8)
build 62 construction sites (turn 9-70)
explore 1 turn (turn 71)
build 10 construction sites (turn 72-81)
explore and build industrial sites 81 turns (turns 82-162)
destroy farm zones and build construction sites (turns 163-198)
Sell all military at the market.

Save up turns.

upgrade tanks (or infantry) to level 4 and set production to 100% tanks. Grab

JamesWheel Indy start up according to FED:

Step 1: The Startup

* Set your state tax to 50% (State Setup).
* Set your production to jets, bombers, and AGMs (percentages are up to you)(State Setup).
* Build 74CS.
* Build IZ, expand, repeat.
* Stop at 1.000 – 1.100 land.
* Build CS until turn 198.
* Turn 198: sell all units.

Step 2: Leaving protection

* Stay at turn 199 until you have 100 turns.
* Switch production to: 100% ships.
* Upgrade tanks to level 4
* Set your production to 1% spies, 85% tanks, 4% jets (or AGMs), and 10% ships.
* Start grabbingStep 3: Keep Going
* Continue grabbing.
* Upgrade infantry, ships, AGMs, and spies (in that order).

Angs strt up:

* Set your state tax to 50%.
* Set your production to 100% infantry.
* Build 59CS.
* Build IZ, expand, repeat until you have 1.000IZ.
* You will run out of food, so sell just enough on the BM so that you can play up to turn 199.
* Build CS until turn 198.
* Turn 198: Sell infantry on the PM.

* Stay at turn 199 until you have 150+ turns.
* Upgrade tanks to level 3 or 4.
* Set your production to 100% tanks.
* Grab until your last 20-30 turns.
* Set production to 100% infantry.

Step 3: Keep Going

* When you can, sell all infantry on PM, set production to 100% tanks, and upgrade them to level 8.
* Set production back to 100% infantry.
* Sell tanks for upkeep costs.

-T-s start up:

* Set your state tax to 50% (State Setup).
* Set your production to 100% infantry (State Setup).
You are going to upgrade tanks, so you need to produce something else, otherwise the upgrade cost for the tanks will be very high. You should always sell all of the type of unit you want to upgrade before starting to upgrade it. Make sure to set production of that unit to 0% before selling. Infantry have the lowest upkeep cost, so we will use them for the startup.
* Build 59CS.
Building Construction Sites will result in a higher BPT (Building Per Turn) - you can build more buildings per turn.
* Build IZ, expand, repeat.
You are playing industrialist, so you only build IZ & CS. WoW is built so that you will get the highest NW by playing a pure strategy (only having buildings that go with the strategy).
* Sell all infantry just before you run out of food.
You will loose 5% of everything if you run out of food or money.
* Buy 30.000 to 50.000 food.
* Build IZ, expand, repeat until you reach turn 134.
* Turn 134: Build 60CS.
You may need to expand while building CS. This is taken into account in the turn numbers.
* Turn 198: Sell all your infantry on the PM at $285-$293.
If you sell at too high a price, your infantry will take a long time to sell. Sell too low and you are wasting money. $290 is normally a safe price if you play your turns right away when the set starts. You need about $100M-$110M when you leave protection. You will need more if you leave protection with more turns.

* Stay at turn 199 until you have 130-150 turns if you plan to be very active the following 24 hours. Otherwise, wait until you have 200-250 turns.
* Switch production to: 5% spies, 85% troops, 5% jets, and 5% ships.
The reason for producing spies, jets and ships this early is to protect against suiciders.
You can produce AGMs instead of jets, and it is recommended if you think you can get into the top 10. You can use Jets in offence, but not in defense. You can use AGMs in defense, but not in offence.
* Upgrade tanks to level 4.
* Set your production to 1% spies, 85% tanks, 4% jets (or AGMs), and 10% ships.
The goal is to have 50k each of spies, ships and jets (or AGMs). Use these percentages until you have reached the goal, and then set your production to 100% tanks.
* You need to start grabbing as soon you leave protection.
Destroy all buildings that you gain in your grabs that are not IZ or CS. Then build IZ in their place. Build IZ in multiples of BPT, so that you don’t waste any turns. If you are not at 100% readiness after building these, build CS until you reach 100%.

Step 3: Keep Going

* Continue grabbing.
* Upgrade ships, jets or AGMs, and spies (in that order).

northbabylon
01-08-2010, 22:50
From the DAK Forums:

Indy Stocker

This strat can be played by using 5 minutes every second day. It's for people who don't have time to net or search for landgrabs, but still wants to help out the nation and have a state ready in case of war.

This is how it works

Set production to 2% spies, 48% infantry, 15% jets, 15% AGMs, 20% ships.

Expand and build industrial zones and some construction sites with all your turns except one. Use the last turn to sell everything you have at the public market.

Next time you log in, bank your money and do the same over again. Upgrade spies, infantry, jets and ships when you have the cash for it.

When your bank is full, and you've upgraded your military, you can start growing instead. At the end of the day, just sell 20% of your military instead of all of it.

This strategy will improve the nation army, give the nation money for tech, and if/when war breaks out, you'll have a fully upgraded state with 50B in the bank ready for war.

nosejam
01-09-2010, 05:38
http://wiki.nation-wars.com/index.php/Portal:Strategies

Surely some in there you can use, I use them :)

Devil
01-09-2010, 10:40
that casher start up on wiki is not so good.

thees two casher start ups

build 100 cs, expand 3 turns, build 96 more cs,

then there is mine that i use when the player base is higher but the 196 cs start is the best.

As for the indy start ups the upgrading tanks is obsolete. that was only if you were going to try and go hitless, but these days its pretty much impossible due to the over flooding of the market at the beginning and just not enough good grabs to stay ahead the whole time.

Divine Intervention
01-09-2010, 14:26
my start up is same for everything

get 50bpt
get 700-800 zones of w/e your doing (40-60 split for cashers)
build CS till 198, sell your goods

If you're indy, don't go tanks, go ships whilst your selling your infantry to upgrade it.

the 199 CS start up imo is either for:

a) someone who's very lazy and doesn't mind getting grabbed for 1k land after he finishes using his turns (ie expand and build)
b) someone very dedicated and hoping to catch several type a) players.

Devil
01-09-2010, 18:24
the 199 CS start up imo is either for:

a) someone who's very lazy and doesn't mind getting grabbed for 1k land after he finishes using his turns (ie expand and build)
b) someone very dedicated and hoping to catch several type a) players.

well its not hard to find people with extremely low def or none at all right when yo leave protection. Usually all you have to do is take there land and times it by 10, if its real close to their nw its a safe bet that they have 0 def and 5k tanks will break them ;)

Calvin74
01-09-2010, 20:47
well its not hard to find people with extremely low def or none at all right when yo leave protection. Usually all you have to do is take there land and times it by 10, if its real close to their nw its a safe bet that they have 0 def and 5k tanks will break them ;)

its all about timing

i try to teach all new guys my startup

explore/build farms/explore
message me at turn 199 so i can provide the essential gb for you to fly to the top of the scores list.:D

Divine Intervention
01-09-2010, 22:39
its all about timing

i try to teach all new guys my startup

explore/build farms/explore
message me at turn 199 so i can provide the essential gb for you to fly to the top of the scores list.:D

don't forget the 100% jet set up so people see straight OOP that you're hardcore and bad ***.

Calvin74
01-09-2010, 22:54
don't forget the 100% jet set up so people see straight OOP that you're hardcore and bad ***.
screw that
1 jet is all you need it is just super upgraded:P

to many jets and they might be able to hit back:P

Soviet Russia
01-10-2010, 11:50
Im trying to go spy/tank/bomber/sam/ship this set and its a hell amount of upgrades. But it gives good net; i hate jumping anyway. I also realised that Im getting less hits in comperation with my previous "normal indy" set. I think people dont want to get in mess with calculating tanks+sams strenght and comparing them with infs... too much time wasting so it seems they are skipping me :D

Calvin74
01-10-2010, 18:07
Im trying to go spy/tank/bomber/sam/ship this set and its a hell amount of upgrades. But it gives good net; i hate jumping anyway. I also realised that Im getting less hits in comperation with my previous "normal indy" set. I think people dont want to get in mess with calculating tanks+sams strenght and comparing them with infs... too much time wasting so it seems they are skipping me :D

you had me till you said bomber/sam. i have run the numbers countless times and they just don't work. we have to many military units in this game and they are to unbalanced.::topic:: i won't go into that and will just say....

unless you went 7-8 years back in time it won't work:P

Max Logan
01-11-2010, 17:31
****, people actually calculate stuff here? i play it just cuz you don`t have to do a thing, just click-click... :p

And careful with those WoW start ups, esp the grabbing part...
it`s not 1000 its 100 players now, so people going OOP are less and all compete for the few grabs...

Magalya2
01-12-2010, 09:38
Not sure if i should write this here but in the Missions there is one who ask to build 30 Residential Zones if i remember right but with the previous missions we are building Commercial Sites that bring us to 17 building per turn .

So i think we should read to build 34 Residential Zones as it takes 2 turn to build 30 RZ but by buying 30 we miss 4 buildings for the 2 turn as 2 multiplied by 17 = 34 not 30

I am not good at Maths but i think i got this one correct :p lol

Mags ☼

nosejam
01-12-2010, 11:00
Not sure if i should write this here but in the Missions there is one who ask to build 30 Residential Zones if i remember right but with the previous missions we are building Commercial Sites that bring us to 17 building per turn .

So i think we should read to build 34 Residential Zones as it takes 2 turn to build 30 RZ but by buying 30 we miss 4 buildings for the 2 turn as 2 multiplied by 17 = 34 not 30

I am not good at Maths but i think i got this one correct :p lol

Mags ☼

The lady makes a good point

Soviet Russia
01-13-2010, 09:19
you had me till you said bomber/sam. i have run the numbers countless times and they just don't work. we have to many military units in this game and they are to unbalanced.::topic:: i won't go into that and will just say....

unless you went 7-8 years back in time it won't work:P

Yep i noticed too it is hard:glare:

@max
neither i do.. but im sure some guys are out there with calculators.

Calvin74
01-16-2010, 23:42
Yep i noticed too it is hard:glare:

@max
neither i do.. but im sure some guys are out there with calculators.

i used to play this game with a notebook of paper and a graphic calculator. by the end of the set the notebook would be filled up:P

Max Logan
01-17-2010, 06:28
i used to play this game with a notebook of paper and a graphic calculator. by the end of the set the notebook would be filled up:P

:huh:

And I thought you were cool...

Clowntown
01-17-2010, 14:18
:huh:

And I thought you were cool...

so its a bad thing that im sitting 4 inches away from a TI-83 plus and tried to reverse engeneer the land grab fourmula

Max Logan
01-19-2010, 17:39
so its a bad thing that im sitting 4 inches away from a TI-83 plus and tried to reverse engineer the land grab formula

what?