PDA

View Full Version : Army theme

Mr President
04-07-2008, 23:31
I have loaded up the new Army theme in the game. IT IS NOT 100% DONE YET! but will be soon. A larger banner will be put in place and a couple other things will be added/changed too.

But for now, please go through it and let me know what you think of it so far.

the desert one will also be loaded soon. I will let you know when.

MAGGIO
04-07-2008, 23:49
I like what YOU have done, but I dont think it goes well with the gray borders. Lime green may be an overkill.

You may also want to consider just a simple plain as day black with white and a touch of gray for highlighting. You may think im out of my mind, but back in the day, as well as the vets true love is the most simple of all themes (black and yellow). I wouldnt be surprised if most used the most basic of themes, and it would take alot less effort on your part.

Mr President
04-07-2008, 23:56
I like what YOU have done, but I dont think it goes well with the gray borders. Lime green may be an overkill.

You may also want to consider just a simple plain as day black with white and a touch of gray for highlighting. You may think im out of my mind, but back in the day, as well as the vets true love is the most simple of all themes (black and yellow). I wouldnt be surprised if most used the most basic of themes, and it would take alot less effort on your part.

Blame Sean, he is the one who came up with the color scheme.. i simply put it all together lol..

As for the plain Black and white ect ect ect, i agree and with you.. The desert theme is very simple.

I can't really make one that is black and uses the same layout as the B&Y one we have now. Svenne asked me to change it so it wasn't like any of the WoW themes. So that is what i have done.

for awhile we will have 2 themes. the desert and the army. In time i will also make another one (prob blue theme) that will also be basic..

the lime green may go darker. I'm still figuring it all out. I needed to get it on the main game so i could see all the screens and gather some suggestions from others.

pcgluva
04-07-2008, 23:58
Sorry that its not complete guys thats my fault, ive been falling behind in my designing also, ballencing school, firehouse, and new job, i will make a new banner and see what i can do with the gray and green, ii figured green could work, its different and all, anyone have ideas feel free to pm me and ill try to get something going if its a good suggestion

Mr President
04-08-2008, 00:01
slacker!

lol your not behind. your doing fine. You have made a ton of banners for everyone in here and you have also made a ton of graphics for me to use on the forums and game. So you have done plenty and we all owe a huge thank you for what you have done for us.

Like i said, the only reason i put it up this early was so i could see all the screens.. on the test game it's only me playing so i can't see all of them ;)

But in the main game i can so now i can finish up the little stuff that needs done. there are still a couple of screens that i haven't added the right colors to yet.. So you have plenty of time. Don't rush! (that way i don't have to rush lol )

MAGGIO
04-08-2008, 00:31
just remove the frames on the b&y, use the desert theme and just go all black and white?

Missionary
04-08-2008, 09:31
i though the same. so which ones will be staying, the army theme and 04 theme?

Crimson Shadow
04-08-2008, 13:20
I see one flaw with Army Theme.

Peace declaration is the same color as market purchases in Interior News.

MAGGIO
04-15-2008, 17:06
im using the 04 theme right now, and its blank....background is gray and writing is mostly white. Get rid of the little green boxes, but a kick *** banner up and I think that is a perfect skin.

Crimson Shadow
04-15-2008, 17:08
04 was my favorite theme back when it had all the extra things added onto it.

Firestorm7
04-15-2008, 17:11
I like the army theme since it loads fast for me and the side bar does not disapear on me when at war!!!! :chair::vangry:

pcgluva
04-17-2008, 16:19
all members let me know what u think of the updated version, i know its not perfect some color factors need to be adjusted and such but tell me what you think

MAGGIO
04-17-2008, 16:34
all members let me know what u think of the updated version, i know its not perfect some color factors need to be adjusted and such but tell me what you think

you asked for it.

Kill the BS in the top left and right corners. Keep the banner its badarse. IMO i would drop all the color in the left hand navigation and just have it plain text links, and bolded headers. If not the white does not fly, and the 45 degree angles are too rough.

I know it was a bit of work so sorry if im coming off too rough. Simple is good. Your banners would be enough to make if fly by itself.

I have attached a file showing the areas squared off in red the ones i dont like.

Mr President
04-17-2008, 21:34
Thanks for posting that screen shot Maggio.. Are you using IE and also, what size monitor do you have?

I have a wide screen so it fits well on mine. But i know that some have smaller screens so i need to do some adjusting to it..

MAGGIO
04-17-2008, 21:44
Thanks for posting that screen shot Maggio.. Are you using IE and also, what size monitor do you have?

I have a wide screen so it fits well on mine. But i know that some have smaller screens so i need to do some adjusting to it..

I use both IE7 and Firefox depending on where I am and which computer I am using.

1024*768 is my preferred resolution. More than 60% of all internet users use this resolution. 20-25% of all internet users use 800*600 (older computers I guess), and the rest of users use wide screen resolutions which vary from user to user. In short it would be best to create a page that works best with 1024*768.

Mr President
04-17-2008, 21:47
weird.. all the settings are the same as from when svenne had it.. all i did was change the pictures out.. So it should work fine.

I'll look into it again this weekend and see what i can come up with.

Mr President
04-17-2008, 22:12
i took off the menu background color which i have been toying with that idea anyway.. I like it either way, but i think i like it a little more without.

Fixed the header boxes.

as for the top corners, i personally like it. Yes the images have to be shrunk a little bit and the edges cleaned up but it's nice to have a little "something" in the theme. The desert theme will be plain so anyone who doesn't like the army theme can use that one.

I do plan on making just a plain black and white one during next set. It will be be like the army layout just won't have the fancy corners. Will have a simple banner and all black and white.. So that will give us 3 to use. Then later down the road i will work on more. But there are other pressing things that needs to be done prior to more themes.. only reason i worked on these ones was cause Svenne asked we don't use his old ones.

Also Maggio, took me a few min to figure out what your screen sits higher then mine. Your a prem member, so without the ads everything shifts up. Which is why some of the boxes are covered by the top right corner. I can fix that, i will make the page come down some so it's not covered anymore.

But i am going to bed now.. long day! :-(

Calvin74
04-18-2008, 15:54
looks pretty good

mr p if svenn doesn't want you using his old one will you design one that is really close to the black style as far as layout and everything with the frames?
that is pretty much the only one i use and i don't like the layout of the newer ones

i haven't used this army one much but i much prefer having the bottom frame for the ingme pref and ingame msgs link

Cape
04-26-2008, 14:35
The screen in the Army theme where you select a nation and see it's members is hard to read, not your own nation screen but the one that appears when you select another nation. Having white text on brown/beige background is difficult to see. Otherwise it looks great!