PDA

View Full Version : Vendetta!

Mr President
04-08-2008, 15:30
Not this set, but probably during next set i will be loading up another version of the game like we had in WOW.. But we won't be calling it chaos.. But before i do this i need some input from you all.

1st, this version of the game will only be available to Premium Account members.

this is some of the opinions i need from you.

- We need a name for it.

- I want to keep it so we get turns every 10 min, but how many turns do you think we should get? 2, 4, 5, more, less ??

- How long should the rounds last? I know some want a longer round, some want quicker shorter rounds.. So you all tell me and the majority will win.

-should we allow nation? or make it a free for all?

- Rules, i really don't think there should be any lol.. but you decide.

and of course feel free to add anything else you think is important for this version.

We have plenty of time to debate all this. Once we get to a point i will close this thread and the Dev team will pull out all the solid points and things that need to be done and i'll get it ready..

And of course, if you don't want it then let me know that too and it will save me some work. lol...

pcgluva
04-08-2008, 15:58
max u should get is about 2-3 turns per minute,

longer rounds would be cool, but so would speed rounds,

nations- allow them but put a cap on them say 4 man teams or something like that or if its going to be like acctuall choas with 15 accounts, leave it to where u can have many of anything because, it always workied in wow we only had a few guys playing but RO, Want Killers Would always battle it out and such, would be awsome

also key factor for choas or what ever it will be called

Dev. Center
Enabled: True
Science Donations Enabled: False should be changed to true

Heres What i think ill take this right from game settings

Buildings
Building Networth Other
Commercial Zones 150
Residential Zones 150
Industrial Zones 150
Farming Zones 150
Science Facilities 150
Construction Sites 150 To increase your bpt (build per turn) by one you need to construct 1 Construction Sites

Resources
Food
Networth: 0.001
Land
Networth: 100
Food Production on unbuilt land: 0.7
Upkeep Cost: 1
Money
Networth: 5.0E-5
Science
Networth: 0.1
Population
Networth: 0.0001
Food consumption: 0.00085

Tech(all max ^ by 100)
Name Description Start % Max %
Genetic Manipulation of Crops Increases Farming productivity 100 265
Prosperity Increases the income from the population 100 260
Residential Increases the population 100 260
Industrial Increases the military production 100 255
Medical Treatment Decreases losses in battle 100 175

Market
Public Market
Buy and sell military:True
Buy and sell food:True
Buy and sell science:True
Time before you may take your goods back from the market: For free after 99999 hours
Turns it takes to sell goods: 10
Turns it takes to buy goods: 1
Min time it takes for goods to arrive at the market: 1 hours
Max time it takes for goods to arrive at the market: 2 hours

Nation tax on military sold at the market:True

Goods Min Price Max Price
Spies $1.080 $1.350
Infantry $250 $294
Tanks $1.180 $1.687
Jets $717 $844
Bombers $1.132 $1.510
AGM $717 $844
Ships $2.048 $2.276
Food $70 $100

Black Market
Enabled:True
Buy and sell military:False
Buy and sell food:True
Buy and sell science:True
Goods Buy Price Sell Price
Spies $1.620 $450
Infantry $353 $98
Tanks $2.024 $562
Jets $1.013 $281
Bombers $1.812 $503
AGM $1.013 $281
Ships $2.731 $759
Food $120 $33

Nations
Nations
Enabled:True
Tax- and Draftrate are linked together: True
Tax- and Draftrate changes: xx (depends on set length)
For a state to leave the nation during a war the state must not have made any attacks during the last: 24 hours
Timespan before a war takes effect: 0 hours
Number of times a state may join a nation: 2
Maximum amount of members a nation may have: 200
Members the nation must have to appear at the nation scores list: 1

Bank
Bank account limit: $50.000.000.000.000
Money Donations Enabled:False
Max Tax: 50%

Dev. Center
Science Donations Enabled: True

Army
Max Draftrate: 50%
Food consumption: 50%
Military Donations Enabled: True

State settings
Turns
Startup Turns (the amount of turns you have from the beginning): 500
Number of turns you need to have used to be able to delete your state: 200
Max turns you may have on hand (excluding bonuses): 1000
Max stored turns: 300
Number of turns you are in protection: 199

Vacation
Vacation Max Length: 7 days
Vacation Min Length: 2 days
Days before the end of the round that you may not enter vacation mode: 8 days

Other
Max Tax: 50%
Base (standard) bpt: 5
Miminum land you must have to destroy land: 100

Misc Game Settings
Turns
Food lost when you get a "red turn": 20%
Money lost when you get a "red turn": 20%
Science lost when you get a "red turn": 20%
Military lost when you get a "red turn": 5%

Readiness min gain: 5%
Readiness max gain: 10%
How often you get a new turn:Every 10 minutes (2-3)

User
Number of states that a user may have: 10-15
Number of states that may be logged in at the same time: 500

Game
Premium Account Game Server: True
How many days back the news archive will keep news: 20
Search limit, how many states/page to display: 50
For how long the game should be open after all turns have been distributed: 12 hours

Cash
Cash bonus: 75%
Research
Research bonus: 75%
Research base (minimum science you get when researching): 5
GDN
Size ratio of which you should be protected: 2x
How long you must have waited and not made any attacks before you can join: 48 hours
Minimum time you must stay as a member: 48 hours
TDN
Size ratio of which you should be protected: 0x
How long you must have waited and not made any attacks before you can join: 48 hours
Minimum time you must stay as a member: 48 hours
Expand
Amount of built land you have to have to be able to expand: 50%

theres more to be changed and screwd with but thats just an quick overlook of small dietals

Mahdi
04-08-2008, 16:15
*fiercely humps Mr. P's leg*
i left myself open there but oh well

change it so you can have like 6 States per account 2 turns per 10 minutes keep nations limited at 200

raise turn limit to like 800 and 200 saved

and of course increase networth value of units please?

Thank You

Mahdi

Mr President
04-08-2008, 16:35
*wipes leg off

i can't promise higher values for the units. Only say that cause putting a new game up on another server isn't all that time consuming. Having to change all the values and make sure they are even ect ect might take awhile.. so that might not happen at first.

Also, you all need to put in some suggestions on what to call this server...

Crimson Shadow
04-08-2008, 19:32
Turns - I think turns should be raised to 500 - 200 stored

States - Allow 8-10 states per person.

Nation - Combine all the states that a person makes into a nation, no outsiders allowed

Round - This should be kept almost the same as NW rounds are. That way we don't have sets starting when NW rounds are almost finished.

BB
04-08-2008, 20:21
If i see someone want to call it armaggedon I think I will ban them

ranger2112
04-08-2008, 20:31
how about Mobocracy

Crimson Shadow
04-08-2008, 20:43
Dangit BB...there goes my suggestion lol

MAGGIO
04-08-2008, 20:43
i think turns should be 5min with 600max and 100reserve. gluva that bank limit seems abit high

From a Dev stand point you really dont want the "secondary" game to take away from the "primary". Saying that I would be against opening up to the public, as well as making it more appealing or time consuming (besides running multi states) then the primary game.

I would also suggest that if you are board then lets think of some things or fixes for the primary game.

I dont know why i have such a bad taste in my mouth about Chaos, I guess because i dont have the time or will to play it.

Also it should stagger primary server sets so that in the down time some people can play it instead of waiting.

Hoebawt
04-08-2008, 21:01
armaggedon :smoke:

Mr President
04-08-2008, 21:48
I would also suggest that if you are board then lets think of some things or fixes for the primary game.

I dont know why i have such a bad taste in my mouth about Chaos, I guess because i dont have the time or will to play it.

Also it should stagger primary server sets so that in the down time some people can play it instead of waiting.

I am far from bored. I am enjoying some R&R. Putting up a new server takes little time and is easy. There will be no main changes to the game except simple ones that would take me little time to make.

The whole point of the "chaos" game is an added benefit to Premium Account members. That is the only reason i'm doing it this quickly. I feel they need a little more for there money. If they chose not to play it, then that is there choice but at least i have made an attempt..

Personally i was not that fond of chaos either. only played it a couple of times here and there. but never with any main devotion.

As for sets i'm thinking a set in the new server should run 60 days (2 normal sized sets) That way it covers a down time and also allows people to really have some fun with some pretty large states. But i will leave that option up to what you all want.

but again, remember that there will be no major changes made to the new server. Just simple value changes is all. ie, donations, nations, turns, round lengths, ect ect ect

Mahdi
04-09-2008, 00:17
Mr. P all you would have to do is raise the networth of units an even 10x or 100x even 50x

k959
04-09-2008, 15:45
my suggestion is to make it so you get 4 turns per 10 mins and make the sets last 20 days this way you will always have something to play due to the primary server only running 30 days. this will also allow you to play 11520 turns instead of 4520(i think thats the total amount you can play in the regular sever in a set). i also think you should also allow 5 states per person but allow nations to have up to 30 states making it so that thier is more then 1 nation enless everyone plays 1 or 2 states. i also think max turns should be around 900 with 300 saved (3 times the rate now if u didnt relize) this way you dont have to get on every day but you still have to get on at least every other day.

northbabylon
04-09-2008, 16:11
i don't think there is a need for so many turns. If its for prem members only. and each member can have 5 states lets say. There will be a lot more turns then there needs to be. If there are no grabs when there is 200 states, imagine when everyone has 4x the turns and 1/2 the states. unless you change the lg formula as well or make it so people start off with more land and can expand for more land as well.

Mr President
04-09-2008, 16:33
Starting out with more land is not problem. Prob a good idea seeing there won't be a lot of members at first.

I can also make it so expanding gives you more too.

I'm also thinking GDN and TDN be disabled and Stealing turned back on

pcgluva
04-09-2008, 16:38
more land and stealing awsome

Missionary
04-09-2008, 16:56
i say double the turns gained so 2 per 10mins. make it so you can have 500 turns on hand ans 150 turns stored. no nations, or just one person in the nation. would be better that way, means the main server is about nations and team play where as the second server promotes individuality. there isnt going to be a huge amount of people playing, so have 3-4 states each and maybe even remove the lg formula if possible.

either 2 set rounds or do 10 day speed rounds, either one not fussed :P

Mr President
05-01-2008, 00:32
Ok the Vendetta server is almost ready.. here is what i have so far.

500 turns to start with
300 max stored turns
800 total max turns
500 starting turns for restarts (basically start from scratch)
100 turns for protection
10 states per user
1000 starting land
No GDN or TDN
5 states max per nation
Stealing is back
60 day rounds
Donating is back
you can join and leave a nation 100 times
you can change tax 100 times
1 turn every 5 min

I was going to work on the networths some, but it is going to take awhile cause there is a lot to do to make the changes.. So maybe down the road some we can change the formulas around. I know many of you wanted it higher, but it's just not possible right now. Doing that requires a lot of setting then testing, setting then testing ect ect..

If i have missed something, please let me know.. I tried to take an idea from each post.. But if you have thought of something else, please get it listed ASAP..

Also, after the first set of Vendetta, we can make adjustments to it.. Like set lengths and other things.. 60 days is a long time, but i thought 15 day speed rounds was to short.. So lets start with 60 and see how everyone feels after..

Also, one thing i want to add.. In Vendetta, THERE ARE NO RULES.. It's a free for all and people will rape the crap out of you for land. So may the best man win! :-)

I'll let you all know when it's open! (prob 1-2 days)

Norrisville
05-01-2008, 00:49
this server was created for chuck norris alone! every character from walker: texas ranger WILL be represented in this set. let the rapage and horribly choreographed martial-arts begin!! :w00t:

Mr President
05-03-2008, 17:50
This server will open up either later tonight or by the end of tomorrow..

The round will start May 6th (server time)

Missionary
05-03-2008, 18:35
whats bank size going to be mr.p??

Mr President
05-04-2008, 02:05
100 bill

k959
05-04-2008, 02:30
umm i got a question is thier going to be any other layout besides the one there is now?? because i like the army layout the best...

Mr President
05-04-2008, 02:55
K959 you are going to have to make another state. (unless you already have) cause you beat me to the punch.. I had just opened it and was testing things to make sure everything was ok when you made your state. And well i had to reset the game.. sorry :(

to answer your question:
Yes, but it will be a couple of days till i get things transferred over to that server and then you will be able to switch themes..

Mr President
05-04-2008, 02:56
oh and just so everyone knows.. this server is now open.. so if your a prem account, go ahead and sign up.

k959
05-04-2008, 10:39
err i wanted the first state mr p. ahh well ill grab it from u next set

ooga booga
05-04-2008, 12:23
Ok the Vendetta server is almost ready.. here is what i have so far.

500 turns to start with
300 max stored turns
800 total max turns
500 starting turns for restarts (basically start from scratch)
100 turns for protection
10 states per user
1000 starting land
No GDN or TDN
5 states max per nation
Stealing is back
60 day rounds
Donating is back
you can join and leave a nation 100 times
you can change tax 100 times
1 turn every 5 min

I was going to work on the networths some, but it is going to take awhile cause there is a lot to do to make the changes.. So maybe down the road some we can change the formulas around. I know many of you wanted it higher, but it's just not possible right now. Doing that requires a lot of setting then testing, setting then testing ect ect..

If i have missed something, please let me know.. I tried to take an idea from each post.. But if you have thought of something else, please get it listed ASAP..

Also, after the first set of Vendetta, we can make adjustments to it.. Like set lengths and other things.. 60 days is a long time, but i thought 15 day speed rounds was to short.. So lets start with 60 and see how everyone feels after..

Also, one thing i want to add.. In Vendetta, THERE ARE NO RULES.. It's a free for all and people will rape the crap out of you for land. So may the best man win! :-)

I'll let you all know when it's open! (prob 1-2 days)

Uhhh... WLF has 10 states, which are all Dboz, and uhh.... well... you said the max is suppose to be 5.... and... well.... um... last I checked 10 was greater than 5. :unsure: :confused:

Calvin74
05-04-2008, 14:01
i am not playing this game atm but i would suggest that you lower it to either 15 day rounds or 30 day rounds

60 day rounds might just get boring with a bank that small the set will/should be decided and no ranks will change unless someone really screws up after day 30

k959
05-04-2008, 14:16
i wouldnt count on that thier is always a way to jump up to the top and or just screw everyone s set at the same time

Mr President
05-04-2008, 14:18
i am not playing this game atm but i would suggest that you lower it to either 15 day rounds or 30 day rounds

60 day rounds might just get boring with a bank that small the set will/should be decided and no ranks will change unless someone really screws up after day 30

I picked 60 out of the blue. Figured everyone could play one round of it then we would go from there and decide if it needs to be longer or shorter.

In this game, i don't think you will see much netting going on. It's not set up for that, it's mainly made for people to just destroy everyone else lol..

But changes can be made if needed..

Missionary
05-04-2008, 14:26
are we able to keep making more than 5 states? created 5 and it still gives me the option to make more and clicking the link takes me to the state creation page.

Mr President
05-04-2008, 14:36
You can have 10 states! After that it should stop you. if it doesn't let me know lol..

Mr President
05-04-2008, 14:37
also if you all feel the bank size should be larger, then let me know now before the round starts.. I can raise it more if needed.. But after the round starts it is stuck where it's at.

Missionary
05-04-2008, 15:07
yeah raise it to like 250bill i say :)

Missionary
05-04-2008, 15:23
made a 6th state but now for some reason cannot make anymore or look at the rest of my created states in the drop down box :(

Norrisville
05-04-2008, 19:48

i agree completely

Mahdi
05-04-2008, 20:13
i cant see my states anymore... and it wants me to create a new state but my states are still listed on the scores page

ooga booga
05-04-2008, 21:21
i cant see my states anymore... and it wants me to create a new state but my states are still listed on the scores page

Same thing has been happening to me all day. :( As soon as click from 1 state to another it crashes on me and I can't view my states

Mr President
05-04-2008, 21:57
Try it now and see if it works better..

The "create new state" in the drop down window will not work. You have to click the tab on the bottom to make a new state.

ooga booga
05-04-2008, 22:04
Try it now and see if it works better..

The "create new state" in the drop down window will not work. You have to click the tab on the bottom to make a new state.

lol still doesn't work. I try going from one state to the next and it goes haywire.

pcgluva
05-04-2008, 23:36
it wont let me create a state

edit: nvm its workign now
but i can only create 1

Missionary
05-05-2008, 08:43
lol still doesn't work. I try going from one state to the next and it goes haywire.

it does that to me on the 1st switch i try to make. it logs me out, i log back in then its fine :P

ooga booga
05-05-2008, 12:21
Ya it logs me out too, but when I log back in and try switching again the same thing happens. I can only view and work on 1 state. :(

Mr President
05-05-2008, 15:08
i don't know what is causing this. Everything worked fine during my 3 days of testing it. Then this started as soon as i restarted the game.. But also, when i tested it i started the round right away.. So maybe after the game starts this will smooth out.. So lets wait till tonight when the round starts. if it keeps acting up, we may have to stop it and redo it again.. which i don't want to do. :thumbdown: So let's hope it works out lol..

ooga booga
05-05-2008, 16:06
i don't know what is causing this. Everything worked fine during my 3 days of testing it. Then this started as soon as i restarted the game.. But also, when i tested it i started the round right away.. So maybe after the game starts this will smooth out.. So lets wait till tonight when the round starts. if it keeps acting up, we may have to stop it and redo it again.. which i don't want to do. :thumbdown: So let's hope it works out lol..

Boo :P I can't even create a nation cause I can only log into 1 of my states :P You and your USA will be the first to face my wrath Mr. P :P lol jk.... maybe :wub::w00t::drool:

Mr President
05-05-2008, 16:24
clear your cookies then try.. should work then!

Norrisville
05-05-2008, 17:01
Boo :P I can't even create a nation cause I can only log into 1 of my states :P You and your USA will be the first to face my wrath Mr. P :P lol jk.... maybe :wub::w00t::drool:

usa may just be the first victim of the horrible fake karate moves that walker: texas ranger unleashes on. beware!

DBozMen
05-05-2008, 17:10
I had set my nation up and running.... 10 states in 1 nations, am i getting the question if i could just make 2 nations of max 5 states :(

chrishorler
05-05-2008, 20:54
I think there should be a different message sent out at the start of the game when you make a new account to say the differences to the normal game!?

Mr President
05-05-2008, 21:58
yea it should be changed.. the server it's on now is just a test server, seeing we are basically testing vendetta out this set and finding bugs.. So when it's up and running i will make sure the message is different.

Guy77
05-06-2008, 10:28
Everything seemed to run smoothly to me

Logged in fine ( but only have 1 state)

Joined nation fine

played turns fine etc........ was able to grab =)

Mr President
05-06-2008, 13:05
I think i have found the problem with the switching states... I will work on fixing it now, but the game needs to come down for a little while. (prob 45 min or so)

Mr President
05-06-2008, 13:34
ok this issue has been fixed!

Game on!

Mr President
05-06-2008, 13:54
One other change that was made.. the round is now only 20 days long..

nobody really like the 60 day round, so i'm sure this change won't bother anyone.. normally i would never make a change like this right after is started, but this one was needed.

enjoy!

Norrisville
05-06-2008, 20:56
so thats what it was around noon when the game shut down for like a minute...
i was gonna annoy you too mr p :P

Akebavos
05-14-2008, 11:55
So here is a suggestion. While playing Vendetta I have seen several peeps come in and get beat up then say that they will be back next set because it is to hard to come back after that after about 2 weeks of play.

So my suggestion is a normal set length, but only be able to have 20 states for that entire set. So you get all 10 destroyed, then you get 10 more then after that you have to sit out until next set.

northbabylon
05-14-2008, 13:23
rofl i have like 16 dead states, thats no fun =P but i guess that is a good idea. But whats going to stop someone from killing all your states right out of pro?