PDA

View Full Version : Support/Help

Mr President
01-20-2010, 18:33
I have reworked the support/help tab. It now lists a few options (some new) and makes things a little more organized.

I have created a new Beginners Guide that kinda breaks down some important issues for new members.

The (reworked) TOS and Privacy Notice can now be found in that area.

There is also a feature to email an administrator.

This page just makes things a little nicer and easier for new members.

***ADDED***

Under the help/support tab is now a new tab "Enter a support/help suggestion". This is for those who wish to help build up the database. How this works is, you simply fill out all the boxes and then send it. An admin will look it over and if approved it will be added into the search/help database along with credit given to you. here is the things you will need to fill out when creating a help thread:

Topic- This is what your writing about. ie Attacking.

Description- Please make this a brief sentence. This is what will appear if someone searches for what you wrote. So if we follow the above example on Attacking then you would make this simply say, "Explains how to properly attack" or something like that. If you make it to long your post will be kicked out.

Keywords- This part is very important. You want to add in keywords that will help your post show up. using the attacking example above you would enter in things like this for keywords: attack attacking how do i attack ect ect..

Content- This is where you will explain in detail about what it is your trying to have them learn. It doesn't need to be a book, but make it clear so a new person would be able to read it then know how to do it or what it is for.

Spam and pointless entries will be deleted and if it's clear you are just screwing around you will be banned from the game. Admins will be taking the time to read all of these. This is a nice tool to help new people understand things in the game. So don't waste everyone's time.

Also, please DO NOT use quotation marks to highlight a word. It will kick it out and not enter it in. Just use the basic things like ( ? ! . )

Calvin74
01-20-2010, 19:16
also later tonight or tomorrow you will notice a new search box in the top right hand corner. Members will be able to enter questions in this box and have the answers pop up. This will take some time to fill the database up.

There will also be a new tab where members are able to submit answers to the most common questions. Once submitted an admin will look it over and if approved you will receive credit for it at the bottom.. ie "Written By- Mr President"

This will be a nice tool for new members to search for questions they have.

Will this tab be real time? If a person types a question will it just come up with the closest answer or will it be like the chat box at the bottom of forums?

Mr President
01-20-2010, 19:32
It will be real time.

They enter a question or a word and it will search the help section of the database and will pick out everything that matches it. It will then list them out with a brief description and if it's what the user is looking for they can click on it for the full details.

Mr President
01-20-2010, 20:33
more has been added to my original post.

Calvin74
01-23-2010, 01:30
It will be real time.

They enter a question or a word and it will search the help section of the database and will pick out everything that matches it. It will then list them out with a brief description and if it's what the user is looking for they can click on it for the full details.

I was just curious if people like me would be able to answer them real time. The people that are to lazy to sit down and write things but love to hear ourselves type to this younger generation:P

Devil
01-23-2010, 01:34
I was just curious if people like me would be able to answer them real time. The people that are to lazy to sit down and write things but love to hear ourselves type to this younger generation:P

that is so you...

Mr President
01-23-2010, 14:13
We need people to start entering some information for the database.. Right now the only things in there are the few i have entered. If you want to help and enter something simply click on the Support/Help tab and then click on the last option at the bottom of the page "Enter a support help suggestion".

if approved it's entered into the db and then if anyone searches for some answers then a listing of answers pop up to help them.

To see what i'm talking about simply enter "how" in the search box and you'll see a few things list out. Then click on one of them to see full description.

To start with anyone who wants to start copying things from the manual and or other things throughout the game feel free... We can use all the help getting this stuff on the db as we can get. :)

Calvin74
01-23-2010, 22:18
that is so you...

you be nice to your elders:P your starting to get to big for your britches...

nosejam
01-24-2010, 13:27
For the keywords section do they need to be separated by commas or anything?

Mr President
01-24-2010, 14:35
no commas.. just leave a couple spaces between the words.