PDA

View Full Version : US vs Iran

Mr President
09-04-2007, 14:53
Do you think this will happen? If so When?

Missionary
09-04-2007, 15:42
will do at some point most likely, proberly when we all leave iraq. will have to invade someone whilst we wait to invade iraq again haha.

Spetznaz_GRU
09-04-2007, 18:55
Finally a interesting thread. Well I'll await some arguments and feelings on this matter and later I will post something too.

Mr President
09-04-2007, 21:05
I am not up to speed on this topic yet. But i keep hearing in the news
a lot of talk about striking them. Normally when this happens it means
plans are already in the works and the administration is just trying to
get us use to the idea..

I don't think you would see any troop masses.. I just think you are going
to see some missile strikes..

I have read where the people of Iran are getting quite fed up with Mr
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad .. Time will tell..

I should read up on it some so i have an idea of whats going on.. Normally
i am on top of this stuff, but i am so busy and sooooo way behind..

ooga booga
09-04-2007, 21:57
Iran... I think it has been building up for some time now. I would not be surprised to see something big happen within the next 5 years, but we'll see. A lot I believe, depends on the elections next year in November :P

pron
09-04-2007, 22:21
After the mess in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'm thinking Bush is more likely to use diplomacy first. There may be some missile strikes at known weapon (nuclear) sites to slow down the process. But I highly doubt that Iran will be invaded anytime soon--unless there's a worldwide coalition.

Acetriad
09-05-2007, 00:15
Well, we did train and supply a large number of the troops in Iran.... like we did with some of the troops in Iraq, so yah, we probably will hit them at some point.

Dogma
09-05-2007, 01:32
I see the Iran situation the same as the Libya situation of the 80's. I think they are sabre rattling at this point. All it is going to take is a bloody nose, IMO to make them settle doewn, as Mr P said, I think the Iraninan people are getting over whats his name

Missionary
09-05-2007, 08:16
still think its more likely isreal will just bomb them if they get close to producing nukes.

Spetznaz_GRU
09-05-2007, 09:09
still think its more likely isreal will just bomb them if they get close to producing nukes.
Like they did to Iraq in 1981. They just sent a couple of f-16s back then and bombed the site down to the ground.. Israeli F-16s bomb Iraqi nuclear site (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YUJOCFK6IeY) I hope that Iran can be free one day. I remember having an Iranian teacher, he was the most funny teacher I ever had. A very nice and honest person. He had fought in the Iraq-Iranian war. He was still having shrapnel in his hand we could all touch it. I never cared much for the lessons always wanted to know about that war. He fled the country because he had spoken out against the embargo of western music. Such an unimportant thing as music made him enemy of the state. I hope somebody does anything about it, but most likely it will be even harder to do so in Iran than it already is in Afghanistan and Iraq.

ranger2112
09-05-2007, 10:31
Spetz u make a good point, its not the country or the people we are going after, just the basic freedom all human beings deserve. enemy of the state for music, indeed. if we, the bad ole USA...pushing around everyone((according to most others))) many(MANY MANY MANY) of the people on this forum would not be here or even h ave access to the internet.

Spetznaz_GRU
09-05-2007, 13:40
Spetz u make a good point, its not the country or the people we are going after, just the basic freedom all human beings deserve. enemy of the state for music, indeed. if we, the bad ole USA...pushing around everyone((according to most others))) many(MANY MANY MANY) of the people on this forum would not be here or even h ave access to the internet.
Don't say we. Because I never believed that the US government did anything for anybody else. There's just no government in the world that does things simply for others. If there wouldn't be a benefit for the US to send the troops down there, your government would show those poor and unfree people the middle finger and let them rot in misery. If you guys really wanted to free the world, then you still have like 60 countries to go. And USSR was never free, why didn't you attack us? Right, because we would drop some nukes on your *** and that's why you just make any american think that we're monkeys.

ranger2112
09-06-2007, 12:32
well, i happen to like monkeys:D