PDA

View Full Version : Black & White theme

Mr President
04-21-2008, 14:55
It's simple.. Nothing major......

One thing i will be doing is, matching all the menu's so when you change themes, things are in the same order. This will all be fixed when the new set starts. That way, it makes it easier to find things.

So now we will have a Army theme, desert theme, and a Black and White theme. Those 3 should cover us for awhile.. I'm sure out of those 3, everyone can find one they like.

Desert theme won't be loaded till between rounds since that whole set up is different then the others. And i can't change it mid set.

let me know what you think of the B&W theme so far. i'm still finishing up a few little things on it.. I'm also thinking the banner might need to be a little
brighter.. it's kinda dark.. but i'll let you all decide on that..

enjoy

northbabylon
04-21-2008, 16:13
looks nice, but seems a bit slower then the orange and black theme. might be just me though.

MAGGIO
04-21-2008, 16:13
when you do some design, may I suggest taht you design in 1024*768 as we discussed that is the most popular resolution.

The banner is way off to the right FYI, but I like the concept.

Crimson Shadow
04-21-2008, 17:27
The gray font makes it kinda difficult to read, and I don't really like the random yellow section heads.

kitoy
04-21-2008, 20:49
me likes it:)

but could you put the menus on another frame, so that it will not move every time we scroll..

Mr President
04-21-2008, 21:20
looks nice, but seems a bit slower then the orange and black theme. might be just me though.

might be you.. seems the same for me..

when you do some design, may I suggest taht you design in 1024*768 as we discussed that is the most popular resolution.

The banner is way off to the right FYI, but I like the concept.

other then the banner everything fits fine. The banner is to big, but i haven't had the chance to shrink it yet. I'm sure some of you know more then i do about this, but is 1024 x 768 really still the most popular size?
I mean all the computers today all have larger screens which higher resolutions fit well on. I'm sure there are still some out there, but isn't the majority now using bigger screens?

The gray font makes it kinda difficult to read, and I don't really like the random yellow section heads.

It was white font but then i tried the grey font and then had to go to my sons ball game, so i left it grey.. I kinda like it grey. I didn't like it in white, so maybe i can put on a off white that isn't as bright but isn't as dull as the grey.

me likes it:)

but could you put the menus on another frame, so that it will not move every time we scroll..

I'm glad you like it. Right now the menu's won't be in frames. Only one style will have frames and that is the desert style. But when i have free time i may work on putting all the menu's in frames cause i like them best..

pcgluva
04-21-2008, 21:28
ill shrink the banner and make it blend with the backround

MAGGIO
04-21-2008, 21:54
Im telling way more people use 1024*768 then any other resolution. Most people dont have the latest and greatest. I have a bran new computer and still use 1024*768

Hoebawt
04-21-2008, 22:03
I just checked it out and i think its prob the best layout there is..... i think its really good.... Thanks for the new lay out....

Only thing i noticed that should be different is the nation scores... maybe add a line border and something like the blue lines like on the black and yellow; That highlights your nation on nation scores..... Ofcourse make it appealing and not just putting the same blue line lol.... Also change the blue line that highlights ur state on the Scores lets to something that is more noticeable

thats all i noticed so far but if see stuff ill point it out... but this is a very good layout i like def gonna use it

Crimson Shadow
04-21-2008, 22:04
Im telling way more people use 1024*768 then any other resolution. Most people dont have the latest and greatest. I have a bran new computer and still use 1024*768

I agree, I rarely see anyone using anything other than 1024*768 even if there is an option for more/less

MAGGIO
04-21-2008, 22:15
I just did a google search on "resolution statistics" and got mixed results so I wont post them, but all of the results showed that 1024-768 was the majority. It does depend on the type of site, so I got ranges from 45% - 91% depending on the site, amount of users, etc...

Hoebawt
04-21-2008, 23:08
1024*768.... LOL i dont know anyone that uses it :P lol

Dogma
04-22-2008, 02:36
you know me, dont ya?

I actually use 1440 x 900

Dogma
04-22-2008, 10:16
Iliked it better withthe grey. Seems to make me dizzy with the white and the yellow state indicator instead of the blue. The way it was yesterday is alittle easier on Old People.

MAGGIO
04-22-2008, 17:34
The new home page is extremely bad ***, and a theme should be made to look just like it. the colors are perfect and the buttons are perfect and the banner is perfect.

Nat22
04-22-2008, 17:59
am i seeing things or did MAGGIO really call the home page bad ***! WOW!!!! MAGGIO RULES!

Mr President
04-22-2008, 19:57
The new home page is extremely bad ***, and a theme should be made to look just like it. the colors are perfect and the buttons are perfect and the banner is perfect.

lol i had to read this 3 times before it sunk in. When i first ready it i thought he was saying it looked extremely bad... lol.. then i saw the *** after it and knew what he was saying..

glad you like it!

credit goes to sean, he came up with it... i just put it all together and wrote a new index page for it.. Nice job sean!

Hoebawt
04-22-2008, 22:56
you know me, dont ya?

I actually use 1440 x 900

You know i ment ppl in RL and under the age of 84... u oldy

Max Logan
04-23-2008, 01:04
Remove the heading! Then its acceptable! and can stay...

Dogma
04-23-2008, 10:36
only problem I got with it is the menu iitems are not where they used to be. This isnot a good thing, to move things around on old ppl. They tend to fall down when that happens. :P

Mr President
04-23-2008, 11:49
Like i said, the menus will all be the same. Right now the b&W theme follows the same menu listing as the regular b&Y theme.. The army theme is the only one that is diff right now, but that will be changed to the same as the B&W.

Max Logan
04-23-2008, 13:04
if you leave it as the old one and only change color, then its gonna be cool :sleep:

Mr President
04-23-2008, 14:18
I will be working on putting the desert theme in today.. i need to test it a little. If all works ok, then i'll leave it. If not then i'll put the black and yellow back up.

It's hard testing these out on the test server cause there isn't anyone playing so not all the features work lol..

LandDragon
04-24-2008, 01:42
black and yellow was better then this desert theme, and menu set on the black&yellow/desert is the best; i don't like when in game preferences, forums etc are also in the left column,

it would be great if you took that black&WHITE theme and would arrange those menu's like there were on black&yellow

black and white combination rests the eye, it's scientifically proven.

Max Logan
04-25-2008, 14:35
you should quit. its scientifically proved