PDA

View Full Version : suiciders, AA's, tapping etc etc.

youngwebsolutions
04-23-2008, 18:00
So, for me (and all new people to this game) please clarify the following for me:

when (and why) are you being considered as a suicider?:
what's being AA'd:
taps? (i know this one):
GB? (i know this one as well):

more to follow

pron
04-23-2008, 18:11
Suicided: When someone does war attacks on you to knock you out of a higher networth, or to destroy your state before you jump. *Only done out of war*.

AA'ed: Amphibious Assault--where your ships are pitted against their ships--destroys lots of ground troops, lowers readiness, and makes people mad when done out of war. *War attack* Often used to suicide someone at the top.

Mr President
04-23-2008, 18:14
suiciders are people who do nothing but ruin someone else's set for no reason.
They normally have one kind of unit (jets , ships ect ect) and then stockpile them till the end of the set. then they set there sites on a top state and hit it for no reason other then to ruin all there hard work.

AA'd is when someone uses nothing but ships on you.. (Amphibious Assult)
That attack lowers readiness so you can hit someone with another attack.
readiness is simply how ready your military is.. the lower the number the less effective they will be for and against attacks.

Taps are attacks on you.. ie, 3 attacks we call a triple 4 a quad ect ect

GB is a formula that prevents you from losing to much land in a certain amount of time. 36 hrs is the cut off. this is why we all go by the 36hr attack period in this game.

Mr President
04-23-2008, 18:14
lol when i was typing mine, nobody had replied.. now there are 2 before mine lol..

northbabylon
04-23-2008, 18:43
i forgot to his reply on mine lol...so i beat you on that one pres

northbabylon
04-23-2008, 18:52
AA'd=amphibious assault...check my spelling...but you loose a lot of INF and readiness.
DM nation would be suicider. Just building a state, just to screw over a top state. at least that how i see it. some may see it a bit different. As far as I know they weren't at war with FED for a reason.

Norrisville
04-23-2008, 22:32
Another subplot in what will be a bloody set starting next week....
TUNE IN TO NATION-WARS ACTION NEWS at 10!!!

northbabylon
04-23-2008, 22:47
Another subplot in what will be a bloody set starting next week....
TUNE IN TO NATION-WARS ACTION NEWS at 10!!!

Why not name it "NATION-WARS SEXY ACTION NEWS?

with dancing pandas for the lil youngin's

Mahdi
04-23-2008, 23:20
and dancin brunettes for us older ones?

Norrisville
04-23-2008, 23:29
Why not name it "NATION-WARS SEXY ACTION NEWS?

with dancing pandas for the lil youngin's

because everything gets everyone in trouble, especially an endangered species dancing during a news show.

TUNE IN TO NATION-WARS ACTION NEWS AT 10!
See my live interview with Dogma, right before his rabies exam! you won't want to miss this action, folks.

disclaimer: dogma does not or never thought he had rabies. just pullin his leg. still no pandas though. i still interviewed Dogma though, but he was in a better mood than he is tonight lol

nosejam
04-25-2008, 12:46
When does warring stop and turn to suiciding?

If a small nation like NH wanted to war USA, would that be classed as suiciding? If our only reason for doing so was because they don't like you or how you do things? All they would be capable of doing was either killing a few small states or really hurting a big state, possibly killing it. And then they would be wiped out like a bug, and brandished with the title of suiciders.

But if LoL declared war on USA, people would view it as a war, where does the line blur and change to suiciding?

Mrmcjoey15
04-25-2008, 12:54

If a small nation like NH wanted to war USA, would that be classed as suiciding? If our only reason for doing so was because they don't like you or how you do things? All they would be capable of doing was either killing a few small states or really hurting a big state, possibly killing it. And then they would be wiped out like a bug, and brandished with the title of suiciders.

But if LoL declared war on USA, people would view it as a war, where does the line blur and change to suiciding?

i got one thing to say..... good question

ooga booga
04-25-2008, 13:33

Suiciding. You know you are going to die but you try to do as much harm as possible before being wiped out and killed. You have no realistic chance of winning "the war" and never did so in the first place. Suiciding. :P

War. You have a realistic chance of killing off the entire nation or winning with most kills and/or Total net killed. You have a collective bunch of states that will kill multiple states in a single nation. War. :)

That's just my personal definitions of each. :P

nosejam
04-25-2008, 15:18
What if the particular collection of states had a reason to war/suicide the offending nation, even if they didn't have a chance of winning? Would that be considered suiciding? If not, how much of a reason do you believe they should have?

northbabylon
04-25-2008, 15:31
I think it has more to do with intent. Lets say james, you were 6th overall. And you and your nation have been playing peacefully. Allowing retals when they are needed etc. And you get any nation, no matter the size. Declare on you and kill you and/or AA/AR you until your state is basically useless. That would be suiciding. But if you denied a retal on a state of yours that has tripled, or if you guys were having it out in game or on the forums for a reason. Then they declare its justified.

Crimson Shadow
04-25-2008, 16:32
Yeah...I believe the main difference is War has a reason. Suiciding is just trying to screw up everyones set. Size and chance of winning has nothing to do with it...suiciding is just associated with large v. small because that is how it ususally happens. Suiciders make a small nation to kill a larger one.

nosejam
04-26-2008, 11:58
So in the war between USA and WLF at the end of WoW, why was that not considered suiciding? As far as I saw it, we warred because we wanted to, no particular reason for it. People say warring for domination is ok, but how is getting your friends to war/suicide someone so you can go top not domination? How do you know these "suiciders" have absolutely no reason for hitting top states?

northbabylon
04-26-2008, 19:08
you really can't bring up the last set from WoW since it was meant to be a warring set where every nation warred eachother. And at the end, two powerhouses had it out for fun. To have a change in the game.

Dogma
04-26-2008, 20:07
The line between War and Suiciding is not a clearly defined one. I do believe a nation of say, 6 could declare a legitimate war on a nation of 20 and it not be a suicide. There really doens't need to be a reason to war as has been stated many times in these forums. To me what I consider Suiciding is if 1 or 2 ppl Spy op a top state or any state for that matter with the intention of doing serious damage or just go it and hit only one state in a nation simply becausae they want to and can. They have no intention of killing the state, and even if they do, kill the state, there is rhyme or reason to the attack. Especially if this is a top state that may have a chance to will the set.

I know even in my own explanation I went in a circle. So it really depends on the individual situation of the attacks. Just like no two people are the same, no two war reasons are the same. So itis really quite a subjective thing as to wheter War or Suicide. I think we all have our own opinions about it and I don't see a clear way to handle it.

Other than kick their butts on a retal.