PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Mr President
02-11-2010, 22:33
I haven't had any free time this week so i have kinda used this as a mini vacation from coding things.. I won't have any free time till the end of next week.. Soooooooooooooooooooo with this little down time i would like to pick your brains a little.

I actually have a few too many things going on at the same time. I am working on a new research feature for states only that will keep tech being purchased through most of the set and we also have sever new units and attacks being tested AND, i am planning on getting the portal fixed correctly along with the UN...

The new stuff still needs a lot of testing and i'm in no hurry to implement that stuff yet. So for now let's focus on the portal and UN.. I know many of you have already made some suggestions for each one of these, but i am going to ask you to either post them here again or come up with some new ideas that will help both the Portal and UN.

What would you like to see in the portal pages? What kind of information from each round would you like to see? Is there other info you would like to see? ect ect ect...

As for the UN, what extra features do you feel the UN needs to really make it worthwhile joining? How could the UN really be improved?

Please give me some ideas so when i get back to things i can start working on some changes for them as well..

thanks!

L P
02-12-2010, 00:15
The easy fix is to rid ourselves of both the Portal and the UN.

Replace them with spots on the forsum that accomplish the same tasks.

Hassan Sabbah
02-12-2010, 08:16
deleted..

Soviet Russia
02-12-2010, 08:18
Since you wont answer anywhere else, I want to translate the game into Turkish, I am willing help you for the translations.

To be on topic, as for the UN, it won't function well since all nation leaders (and all players) already know and in communication with each others :D

Mr President
02-12-2010, 15:25
Since you wont answer anywhere else, I want to translate the game into Turkish, I am willing help you for the translations.

To be on topic, as for the UN, it won't function well since all nation leaders (and all players) already know and in communication with each others :D

My apologies for not being able to keep up with all the posts and threads in the forums. Anything in the suggestions area i do read, although it does take me longer at times to get to each one. It doesn't mean i am ignoring you or anyone else who makes a thread in that section.

I did reply and i will send you the translation file for you to work on. :)

nosejam
02-13-2010, 08:31
For the portal, I'd like to be able to click the states in the past scores to see their state rather than having to go to their nation page and clicking on them there.

For the CTF section of the portal (I assume you'll be adding one at some point), maybe when you click on a state you can see all the states that member had as the majority will have had at least 2, and they might forget which were their's.

And change the bonus turns, switch this link http://game.nation-wars.com/bonusclick.php?bonus=bonus6 for this one http://game.nation-wars.com/bonusclick.php?bonus=bonus4. As the voting site can be voted on every day and this would put NW on the front page as the top 5 of each genre are put on the front page and we would easily reach that with people voting every day.

Mr President
02-18-2010, 21:30
Some of the portal changes have now been implemented.

-You can now click on a state in the scores to see his/her overview.
-Scores have now been separated by server.
-A little information has been added on the state scores from that round.
-More information like who warred who and how long it lasted will be added to the nation scores in time.

-When you click on the nation, the listing of states now looks cleaner.
-Your Game History has been added to the menu. This lists out some information from your account since you began playing.

-Speed round information will be added soon.
-Random member in the spotlight will be added soon. (only works if you have a profile)

-There is a little more to each of these that will be added to as well. Like how many logins you have had ect ect. There will also be a misc section that will open soon showing who is playing from what country and other information about the game.

-Instead of having reporters, each set there will be a automatic PM that will be sent to random states asking them to answer questions. Once completed, it will be entered into the interview section.

-HOF will be reworked to make it look sharper.

-Medals will soon be shown on the page from the round along with the information that is currently shown. There will be no special section for medals soon.

Just a few changes.....

Enjoy!

Crimson Shadow
02-18-2010, 23:29
Some of the information under "Your Game History" isn't correct.

In Oct 09 I had my largest landgrab (7.5k), and it is pulling my largest as 2.522, which is one of the smallest largest grabs I've had.

I was too lazy to figure out if the other stuff is correct, but just wanted to let you know that for some reason it is pulling the wrong data.
Overall, I like the upgrades :)

Mr President
02-19-2010, 21:17
there is an issue with the stats db at the moment.. so the portal section will be down till it's fixed.

:(

Mr President
02-22-2010, 15:39
Some of the information under "Your Game History" isn't correct.

In Oct 09 I had my largest landgrab (7.5k), and it is pulling my largest as 2.522, which is one of the smallest largest grabs I've had.

I was too lazy to figure out if the other stuff is correct, but just wanted to let you know that for some reason it is pulling the wrong data.
Overall, I like the upgrades :)

Please check and see if it's correct now.

Crimson Shadow
02-22-2010, 16:54
Landgrab is correct, total times killed isn't.

It says I've been killed 26 times, when I've only been killed 8
(unless it is counting stats from the 2008 resurrection server, but I thought those were all lost.)

Max Logan
02-22-2010, 17:48
looks ok to me. Althought dunno about times killed :p

25... lol

more like 5 :p