PDA

View Full Version : Recent Events

Mr President
04-30-2008, 01:27
Due to recent events, i want to make this so everyone is clear on certain rights they have here.

You all have the right to question any warning or comment a mod gives you.
If you post something and a mod gives you a warning for it and you don't agree with it, feel free to discuss it further. But there is a proper way of doing it.

First you go to the mod in case. If you don't feel your getting anywhere with him then you go to a Global Mod. If you don't get anywhere with them then you go to BB and then to me if needed..

Is there times when a mod will mess up? Yup! Is there times when a warning is issued when a simply PM would have done the trick? Yup! And is there some people you get along with better then others? Yup! This is why we offer a line of channels for you. We know that some of you don't see eye to eye with others, so being able to have someone else take a look at something is always nice.

The mods we have are good ones. I have seen them act fair many times. They make few mistakes, but like expected, they will make some. Mods read every posts we make. They receive no money, no fame and no special privs for being one. They spend a lot of there free time helping keep the forums and game running smoothly, so please cut them some slack as at times they may mess up.

Going to the forums and ranting and raving about a warning or a decision will not get you far. Basically, once you do that your fate is sealed. Cause 99.999999999999% of the time will not reverse anything for you if you do that. Not when we have set up so many other routes for you to take to get the matter settled. So if you make a post about it, you pretty much used up all your chances.

Some things can be talked about in public. It's not like we run a secret government here. But out of respect to the players privacy we don't make things public. Plus if every little thing gets debated, then our forums will fill up with useless arguments and then nobody would want to come here and play.

Our rules have been set. Are some outdated? I'm sure they are. But until people try to change them, they will stay as they are and enforced. So don't come on here and complain about them cause if your not going to help make them better then it's almost as you agree to them as they are.

I don't run a dictatorship here. I'm open for any discussion at any time. This is not MY game, this is OUR game and i want people involved as much as they want to be. But at the same time, have some respect for others and certain rules that are in effect.

We are all pretty civil people here. 99% of the time we really have no problems. A lot of that is cause the administration isn't to tight with everyone and is flexible to a point. I see a lot of things that are let go that would have been caught back in WoW, and that is fine with me. But when a issue does arise, do we really need to blow it further out then is needed? Most of the final decisions that are made are fair and just. Mainly cause more then one person is deciding on it. We don't just have one supreme person who makes all the final calls. Myself and the others always look to someone else to give some feedback on an issue to help them make the right call..

We have a great game, and we have a great community that is expanding everyday. Crap will happen, and calls will be made that may be wrong at first, but normally are worked out if you just give it time and work the proper channels.. This doesn't mean everytime you have a complaint its' going to work in your favor. it means that if someone overreacted or was quick to judge, as it works through the channels it will be caught and worked out. Again, we are only human lol..

And most importantly, admins, mods and the rest of the staff are just members too.. We are not higher or better then anyone here. I have stressed that point with all the staff and they know this. We are simply members with jobs, and we have to do them.

Feel free to comment on this and offer any suggestions you have.. And always offer any suggestions that you have that you feel would make things better.. I always listen...................

Thanks,

Guy77
04-30-2008, 08:29
Well, one suggestion would be to make Every Friday "AA Xavior Day"

But other than that, =) all i have to say is " Here Here!"

Pres i did miss your long long posts =) Glad to see they are making a return!

Minimus
04-30-2008, 15:15
Due to recent events, i want to make this so everyone is clear on certain rights they have here.

You all have the right to question any warning or comment a mod gives you.
If you post something and a mod gives you a warning for it and you don't agree with it, feel free to discuss it further. But there is a proper way of doing it.

First you go to the mod in case. If you don't feel your getting anywhere with him then you go to a Global Mod. If you don't get anywhere with them then you go to BB and then to me if needed..

Is there times when a mod will mess up? Yup! Is there times when a warning is issued when a simply PM would have done the trick? Yup! And is there some people you get along with better then others? Yup! This is why we offer a line of channels for you. We know that some of you don't see eye to eye with others, so being able to have someone else take a look at something is always nice.

The mods we have are good ones. I have seen them act fair many times. They make few mistakes, but like expected, they will make some. Mods read every posts we make. They receive no money, no fame and no special privs for being one. They spend a lot of there free time helping keep the forums and game running smoothly, so please cut them some slack as at times they may mess up.

Going to the forums and ranting and raving about a warning or a decision will not get you far. Basically, once you do that your fate is sealed. Cause 99.999999999999% of the time will not reverse anything for you if you do that. Not when we have set up so many other routes for you to take to get the matter settled. So if you make a post about it, you pretty much used up all your chances.

Some things can be talked about in public. It's not like we run a secret government here. But out of respect to the players privacy we don't make things public. Plus if every little thing gets debated, then our forums will fill up with useless arguments and then nobody would want to come here and play.

Our rules have been set. Are some outdated? I'm sure they are. But until people try to change them, they will stay as they are and enforced. So don't come on here and complain about them cause if your not going to help make them better then it's almost as you agree to them as they are.

I don't run a dictatorship here. I'm open for any discussion at any time. This is not MY game, this is OUR game and i want people involved as much as they want to be. But at the same time, have some respect for others and certain rules that are in effect.

We are all pretty civil people here. 99% of the time we really have no problems. A lot of that is cause the administration isn't to tight with everyone and is flexible to a point. I see a lot of things that are let go that would have been caught back in WoW, and that is fine with me. But when a issue does arise, do we really need to blow it further out then is needed? Most of the final decisions that are made are fair and just. Mainly cause more then one person is deciding on it. We don't just have one supreme person who makes all the final calls. Myself and the others always look to someone else to give some feedback on an issue to help them make the right call..

We have a great game, and we have a great community that is expanding everyday. Crap will happen, and calls will be made that may be wrong at first, but normally are worked out if you just give it time and work the proper channels.. This doesn't mean everytime you have a complaint its' going to work in your favor. it means that if someone overreacted or was quick to judge, as it works through the channels it will be caught and worked out. Again, we are only human lol..

And most importantly, admins, mods and the rest of the staff are just members too.. We are not higher or better then anyone here. I have stressed that point with all the staff and they know this. We are simply members with jobs, and we have to do them.

Feel free to comment on this and offer any suggestions you have.. And always offer any suggestions that you have that you feel would make things better.. I always listen...................

Thanks,

**** humans. You should let Xavior be a mod, then the aliens would be in charge.