PDA

View Full Version : EE Driving away new players?

DBozMen
05-02-2008, 05:16
I was just looking through the global events and i found out that EE killed a newbie state because he did one small AA.

Is this the way that EE is use to handle new players? If so, please let me know how you plan to keep those players playing?

Regards,

DBozMen

PS. Statenumber: 269

SkyCat
05-02-2008, 06:14
dear DBozMen, you are member of WLF, who is know as nation what hate Estonains. So i think that, you try to make all you can to show us as really bad! and this is really old trick and sucks!

this little kill was good lesson for this player for 2 things:

* join nation! so your nation can protect you and (nation leader) clear your mess!
* never don't attack somebody with military attack without reason! respect rules!

DBozMen
05-02-2008, 06:50
dear DBozMen, you are member of WLF, who is know as nation what hate Estonains. So i think that, you try to make all you can to show us as really bad! and this is really old trick and sucks!

That is bunch of bull****, we don't hate Estonians. Heck i even played on the Domination server for a while. I even played WoW with Zazx for many rounds so don't tell me i hate a certain people of a certain nation. The only way that this issue is being brought up is, because you want us to hate you. SO make it clear to your nation that we DON'T hate Estonians. You are only creating it by shouting empty lines like this.
Back on subject, I do think it's a pretty low action to kill a new player after the round just started a couple of days. I also believe you never took the liberty to tell that person why he did something wrong. Or help him to get to know this game.

On the rest of your post... Well i'm not gonna respond to your crappy reasons. We, as in the people from WoW, have the respect to new players to help them around and teach them what to do and what not to do.

Furthermore i rest my case, since i made my point pretty well.

SkyCat
05-02-2008, 07:19
sry DBozMen, if this is you nation (or nation leader policy). But Hoe is several times this set call others to kill estos! So how can i understand this?

.................................................. ..........

message what is send THE LAND(#269):

title: reason of kill

AA THE LAND(#269) Emmekiisu(#***)[EE] 11.942 Military Units
06:42:40-2008/05/02

AA is military attack and this can understand only as act of war!

in peace time only SA (Standard attack) please!

---------------------
2 suggestion for you:
* yoin nation next time
* dont break rules (like you make this time when attack our member using
war attack)

domination[EE] leader,
SkyCat

DBozMen
05-02-2008, 07:26
sry DBozMen, if this is you nation (or nation leader policy). But Hoe is several times this set call others to kill estos! So how can i understand this?

.................................................. ..........

message what is send THE LAND(#269):

Your now calling it nation policy... come with something better to convince me. Because if you really believe that a new player would want to know every nation policy while he is just learning the game you are really blindsides by your own culture.. This is not said in bad way, but the biggest problem is the cultural differences between nations/people.

About the message you send. It's like... a message with no help, if I was him I would say like: "screw the game i'm gonna find something more fun".

I suggest that as a nation leader you should think more about the game and not only your own nation. I believe that's also why domination turned out to be an abomination.

About Hoe, i believe you can ask every nation leader that has been arround as long as WLF, that Hoebawt said many things like this. So not only against your nation,

Hoebawt
05-02-2008, 07:35
First off skycat im really starting to get annoyed that u keep saying WLF or I hate Estos... i dont hate anyone....I dont dislike estos and i have friends that are estos.... i just dont like how u play the game theres a big difference...

But Hoe is several times this set call others to kill estos!

Where have i called on others to kill estos... plz show me this.... really show me where ive done this.....

LIAR!!!

SkyCat
05-02-2008, 08:05
you think you are too smart for us(estos), right Hoebawt!;)

kill youself of something, you really starting piss me off! you see only bad for all things we too, so i don't think that i have point to continue this debat!

DBozMen
05-02-2008, 08:44
you see only bad for all things we too

What was the good thing in killing this newbie state? that he probably left? or that we know how you handle newbie states without any respect?

MAGGIO
05-02-2008, 09:26
I would have found that new player mistake a perfect opportunity to recruit someone and teach them how to play, but I guess that is just me.

DBozMen
05-02-2008, 09:30
I would have found that new player mistake a perfect opportunity to recruit someone and teach them how to play, but I guess that is just me.

I would have done the same thing. :thumbup:

Will
05-02-2008, 12:19

this little kill was good lesson for this player for 2 things:

* join nation! so your nation can protect you and (nation leader) clear your mess!
* never don't attack somebody with military attack without reason! respect rules!

In my initial sets playing WoW I used war attacks fairly often (though mostly against TGO) and no one killed me.

A warning would have sufficed.

ranger2112
05-02-2008, 12:21
i suppose if one of skycat's guys did an "accidental AA" and that state was killed he would be o well thats ok....serves him right? HECK NO!!! u would be wanting blood and ready to war....

Will
05-02-2008, 12:24
The newbie in question was untagged, but even so it's not a good reason to kill him without any warning. Even EURO wouldn't bother killing an untagged state for a single AA.

ranger2112
05-02-2008, 12:31
exactly, seems as if they are PURPOSELY trying to steer new players away. simple hey thats bad, dont do that again, next time stronger methods will be used. etc... just killing him/her is showing that u have no leadership skills or desire to help this game get stronger.

Mr President
05-02-2008, 12:37
I think people are reading into this with your own opinions made before reading.

Was it the right thing to do? prob not if we want to keep new players, but then again let's look a bit further. SkyCat feels that everyone is gunning for them, so when a AA comes in he isn't going to ask questions he is just going to act.. Pretty much the same way we did last set.

All the EE players were new last set, but i didn't see anyone having a hard time killing them. Even when certain ones who didn't have anything to do with the suiciding died..

Once tensions die down some, i'm sure SkyCat will be more relaxed and not have to go to such extreme measures.

We all have killed an innocent state for whatever the reason. So let's try to keep all this in check..

Mr President
05-02-2008, 12:46
It's a shame one or two idiots have to ruin things for a whole group of ppl, Skycat, you wonder why ppl here are acting toward you and your nation the way they are?

Here's your sign.

@Ranger: Why do you think Domination is dead?

I keep hearing why domination is dead.. How do we know why it's dead? was it ever any good? I mean they never had very many members anyway. They had there version, we had ours. We had lots of members and i don't think they ever really did..

So when you only have 50 members or so, how much fun can that really be? There is no way you can have the same rules as we have ( 2x36) when there is only 50 members..

So instead of making that game a game of rules like we have, they just let it be every man for himself.. There really was no other choice for them.

And things would have changed over there i'm sure if all of us went there to play after WoW shut down, but A) we didn't go there in masses so it really wasn't noticable and B) none of us could read the language

So if 3 or 4 of us went there, they were not going to change there style of play. JUST LIKE WE HAVEN'T CHANGED OURS WHEN THEY CAME HERE! So they are adjusting to our style of play after playing years of there style..

this is just my opinion of course lol.. but dang, it's getting old reading the same old thing all the time. I think we all need to get use to a HUGE fact, the Estonians are welcome to play here as long as they like. And unless the majority of them start getting vastly out of control and really hurting the game, they will not be asked to leave. So can't we all bend a little and have more understanding.. We all claim that we don't "dislike" them, but yet it seems we keep them at an arms length all the time and point everything they do out..

ranger2112
05-02-2008, 12:54
well, first...i dont recall even speaking about domination....not sure about that...second..i dont have an opinion about the estonians one way or the other...just stating how i feel about the subject...lastly...those players killed were due to severe lack of judgement by their leaders. their leaders sealed their fate. this new guy had no nation or any idea about what is right or wrong. a simple bad doggie with a swipe with the newspaper would have sufficed instead of him going the way of ole yeller.

Missionary
05-02-2008, 12:58
so you have spoken to the 2 states killed have you ranger? to confirm that they were indeed new to the game??

Mr President
05-02-2008, 13:04
I didn't point you out, i simply said i keep hearing.. (or reading i guess lol )

So last set when we killed innocent Estonian players who did nothing except join a nation of people they were familiar with is no different then what SkyCat did?

Look i'm not saying what he did was right.. We all are trying to gain new members to the game. But let's look at the big picture. He thinks people are out to war him so he is not taking any chances. Just like we didn't last set.

just like this set most of us are really asking questions and not trusting people who want to join our nations. So some new person comes to the game and claims he is new and wants to join, how many are actually going to take him for his word?

This is all i'm saying, tensions are high so we all are being quick to judge right now.

Dogma
05-02-2008, 13:23
Can't we all just get a long?

Come on Everybody join me, Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya...

Saunders241
05-02-2008, 13:26
Coming from someone who usually doesn't get involved on the forums much, I'll say this about it. If EE is just being jumpy because of everyone's "hate" for them, then so be it. BUT, it is stuff like this that is gonna drive new players away faster than anyone. Yeah, I'm sure there's more to the story than has gotten out there, but the fact remains that this is one player that (potentially) might not be back, and losing anyone they might have recruited to the game. As far as I'm concerned, if this is how they're going to play (not giving anyone any slack before going balistic on them) then I'd just as soon see them go back to the domination server (or whatever it's called). Everyone was a newbie once, and if that can't be understood by EE (or anyone else for that matter) then the game won't go anywhere but downhill.

ranger2112
05-02-2008, 14:15
so you have spoken to the 2 states killed have you ranger? to confirm that they were indeed new to the game??

no i havent, just the same assumption we are all using

Hoebawt
05-02-2008, 14:33
you think you are too smart for us(estos), right Hoebawt!;)

kill youself of something, you really starting piss me off! you see only bad for all things we too, so i don't think that i have point to continue this debat!

Where did i say i was smarter then you guys? again another false assumption..

You assume to much dont you.... you prob believe everything u hear

Your just trying to mk me look like i hate u or somethign so u can rally more guys on ur side... and ur the one mking this about race....

You think im pissing u off now? lol wait till like 10 sets from now when u or one of ur close friends think their safe netting somewhere...

Your right u dont have a point so dont continue this debate!

MAGGIO
05-02-2008, 14:40
this retarded BS is getting older and older...

If you dont like what SkyCat did then kill his state.

Masta
05-02-2008, 14:58
I keep hearing why domination is dead.. How do we know why it's dead? was it ever any good? I mean they never had very many members anyway. They had there version, we had ours. We had lots of members and i don't think they ever really did..

So when you only have 50 members or so, how much fun can that really be? There is no way you can have the same rules as we have ( 2x36) when there is only 50 members..

So instead of making that game a game of rules like we have, they just let it be every man for himself.. There really was no other choice for them.

And things would have changed over there i'm sure if all of us went there to play after WoW shut down, but A) we didn't go there in masses so it really wasn't noticable and B) none of us could read the language

So if 3 or 4 of us went there, they were not going to change there style of play. JUST LIKE WE HAVEN'T CHANGED OURS WHEN THEY CAME HERE! So they are adjusting to our style of play after playing years of there style..

this is just my opinion of course lol.. but dang, it's getting old reading the same old thing all the time. I think we all need to get use to a HUGE fact, the Estonians are welcome to play here as long as they like. And unless the majority of them start getting vastly out of control and really hurting the game, they will not be asked to leave. So can't we all bend a little and have more understanding.. We all claim that we don't "dislike" them, but yet it seems we keep them at an arms length all the time and point everything they do out..

Can i asume after reading this post that it has became a game rule to do only SA attacks on other states? Or get killed when you use the other attacks or make more then 2 hits in 32 hours?
As far as i know it still is a Value en not a rule. So its up to the leader in the curtain nation what he will do.

As far as my opinion, i was amazed they killed a nationless state that only did one AA hit. He probably was trying to find out what everything was. A warning would have been enough. But well every one got his own opinion and its up to a nation what they do..

Hoebawt
05-02-2008, 15:12
Can i asume after reading this post that it has became a game rule to do only SA attacks on other states? Or get killed when you use the other attacks or make more then 2 hits in 32 hours?
As far as i know it still is a Value en not a rule. So its up to the leader in the curtain nation what he will do.

As far as my opinion, i was amazed they killed a nationless state that only did one AA hit. He probably was trying to find out what everything was. A warning would have been enough. But well every one got his own opinion and its up to a nation what they do..

Racist OMG u hate estos

Masta
05-02-2008, 15:25
Racist OMG u hate estos

Very adult reply...

Hoebawt
05-02-2008, 15:30
why thank you

Minimus
05-02-2008, 15:40
Where did i say i was smarter then you guys? again another false assumption..

This is the most accurate thing I've ever heard from Hoebawt. Is he smarter than you guys? Nope, it's a false assumption.

Masta
05-02-2008, 16:01
why thank you

With replies like that you can never have a normal discussion. Just keep it on topic :)

Mr President
05-02-2008, 16:33

no it's not a game rule.. it's a community rule that most nations follow.. but you are right, nations can do as they please.. I guess i worded my post wrong. :(

Dogma
05-02-2008, 17:18
Someone's singing Lord, Kumbaya...

Norrisville
05-02-2008, 18:18
Ok I'm sorry Mr P, I love how you're trying to keep things under control and everything, but you can't excuse what EE did... theres no reason to kill a noob state. Yeah, they think people are gunning for them, but why do you think that is? its because of **** like this.... that state couldnt kill any other state, especially with only a few AAs.... a simple warning and he would have stopped, and learned a lesson at the same time. Now, skycat, all youve done is given your nation is another reason to be paranoid, and getting in more arguments with hoe.. this **** needs to stop if we ever want to feel like notings gonna blow up insomeones face set after set after set.... this is unexcuseable in my opinion ( no one should touch an EE state for this btw)

Morph
05-02-2008, 18:36

are you really that retarded or just acting like it?

Mrmcjoey15
05-02-2008, 22:20
I think people are reading into this with your own opinions made before reading.

Was it the right thing to do? prob not if we want to keep new players, but then again let's look a bit further. SkyCat feels that everyone is gunning for them, so when a AA comes in he isn't going to ask questions he is just going to act.. Pretty much the same way we did last set.

All the EE players were new last set, but i didn't see anyone having a hard time killing them. Even when certain ones who didn't have anything to do with the suiciding died..

Once tensions die down some, i'm sure SkyCat will be more relaxed and not have to go to such extreme measures.

We all have killed an innocent state for whatever the reason. So let's try to keep all this in check..

im kinda in the middle of this i mean i dont think that the estos should have killed the new state but what pres said here about the hostility against the estos's nation could lead them to take sudden action i mean who knows who is just not in a nation yet and trying to convince them that there new but then again how likely is that situation i think that we all need to stop trying to bully the estos because they do feel like we think there stupid when we make threads like this and start saying that what they did is wrong. i agree with doggyma Kumbayah my lord kumbayah

Norrisville
05-02-2008, 22:30
im kinda in the middle of this i mean i dont think that the estos should have killed the new state but what pres said here about the hostility against the estos's nation could lead them to take sudden action i mean who knows who is just not in a nation yet and trying to convince them that there new but then again how likely is that situation i think that we all need to stop trying to bully the estos because they do feel like we think there stupid when we make threads like this and start saying that what they did is wrong. i agree with doggyma Kumbayah my lord kumbayah

disagree. so what if there's hostility? the reason why there may or may not be any hostility is because of the way they play, and this is bush. stupid, rash, bullying, there are a few words that suit this, none of which is justified, and i dont think there is an excuse. it doesnt matter whether the nation is full of estonians, americans, bulgrians, ethiopians, turks, chinese, japanese, canadians, mexicans, irish, brits, australians ( it would matter if they were australian, then wed have a problem lol). at any rate, being estonian or not is a moot point here, what they did was f'ed up, hands down.

Mrmcjoey15
05-02-2008, 22:44
disagree. so what if there's hostility? the reason why there may or may not be any hostility is because of the way they play, and this is bush. stupid, rash, bullying, there are a few words that suit this, none of which is justified, and i dont think there is an excuse. it doesnt matter whether the nation is full of estonians, americans, bulgrians, ethiopians, turks, chinese, japanese, canadians, mexicans, irish, brits, australians ( it would matter if they were australian, then wed have a problem lol). at any rate, being estonian or not is a moot point here, what they did was f'ed up, hands down.

well first of all Norris i also agree with the pres that the way they played on domination was different then how WoW/NW are played not knowing our language caused a problem adapting to the way for the first offense i dont really care i mean sure we lost a member of to NW community possibly but if they do it again i would say that they need to be punished till them let this settle down and hopefully things will get better

DBozMen
05-03-2008, 06:58

WHERE ARE THE DUTCH :P,

but I hope Skycat now knows that his action wasn't the smartest one. So if he learned from his misstep i'm happy :).

Max Logan
05-03-2008, 10:33
Kill all them foolish newbies! If they don`t know the rules, let em play Zelda or Tetris

Missionary
05-03-2008, 15:06
Ok I'm sorry Mr P, I love how you're trying to keep things under control and everything, but you can't excuse what EE did... theres no reason to kill a noob state. Yeah, they think people are gunning for them, but why do you think that is? its because of **** like this.... that state couldnt kill any other state, especially with only a few AAs.... a simple warning and he would have stopped, and learned a lesson at the same time. Now, skycat, all youve done is given your nation is another reason to be paranoid, and getting in more arguments with hoe.. this **** needs to stop if we ever want to feel like notings gonna blow up insomeones face set after set after set.... this is unexcuseable in my opinion ( no one should touch an EE state for this btw)

so you have spoken to the dead state and confirmed hes a new member then?

no i havent, just the same assumption we are all using

same assumption all that are complaining about the attacks are using you mean

FFS people, quit with the pissing assumptions. thats what causing all these problems more than the initial incident. find out if its a n00b or not then start shouting your mouth of about whats bull**** and whats not. untill then shut up, cos your posts will be as useful as minimus's are after a night on the razz.

Divine Intervention
05-03-2008, 15:08
you have to be a n00b if all you do is 1 AA when you have more turns and can break....

Norrisville
05-03-2008, 19:11
you have to be a n00b if all you do is 1 AA when you have more turns and can break....

thank you.

Blackwater
05-04-2008, 03:02
So a player does an AA on one of your states. Just one and is not part of a nation. I think it's safe to assume that this player is new to the game since I see no reason for a vet to do this. A simple warning would have sufficed and not kill the guy. With that said, thats it to the conversation. No need to further speculate or talk or bash. EE got the message and hopefully will do this in the future. So grab a beer n relax guys :beer:

Dogma
05-04-2008, 03:33
There is no further point to this thread so I am closing since the mods for this section won't.